SFA Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A place for Traveling tips, experiences or talking about where you plan on going.

Next year I'm planning on traveling over to America for WrestleMania 32 in Dallas and then probably going to somewhere like L.A, New York or Miami (Hopefully will get to some NBA games). Just wanted to know of anyone's experiences over in the United States and the do's and do not's over there.

Don't bother with LA, it's overrated and just plain crap. Do visit San Fran and Vegas. Do go to Guest Services at Disneyland and tell them it's your birthday (you get a badge saying happy birthday which is like a free pass to the front of the line) when visiting Disneyland. Do see an NBA game, it's awesome.

On another note I do know how to get to Europe ALOT cheaper pretty much anytime of the year. If interested I'm happy to help, I was a TA for awhile and picked up a few tricks.

On another note I do know how to get to Europe ALOT cheaper pretty much anytime of the year. If interested I'm happy to help, I was a TA for awhile and picked up a few tricks.

Awesome! If I ever start actually saving money for a trip, I'll shoot you a PM.

Got back from a month long trip to Europe in December, was awesome.

Off to Chicago (well technically St Charles an hour away) in a few weeks for work training, will spend a couple of nights in Chicago itself. Going to an NHL game on the Sunday which should be good fun. :)

I'm off to Langkawi in November to do something stupid called "Ironman"

Travel Tips for Japan

GET POCKET WIFI (at least for Tokyo)

The subway system is messed up there. Hella confusing. Google Maps IS your best friend. Buy it brunch, presents and maybe a goodnight kiss. It will save your life.

Carry something that can hold coins, and use coins as much as you can in Japan. You can just dump them on the counter, and the checkout person can easily sort them out for you.

Research how to buy train tickets before you get there.

Buy an umbrella as soon as you get there

Places in Japan don't open until like 9.30 at the earliest. Don't do what I did on the first day wake up bright and early at 8am only to realise everything is closed.

Because it's raining so much, most places will have plastic bags for you to place umbrellas in before entering places, so you don't drip water everywhere

The prices on a lot of stuff does NOT take into account tax. Remember that, so you don't get confused when the bloke is speaking to you in japanese and you have no clue wtf he's on about when you actually haven't given him enough money.

When buying manga, they will ask you if you want to get rid of the plastic (or they will get rid of it [for those who want the plastic])

When at Akihabara, do NOT go to the stores on the main street. Rookie mistake by me, and they end up costing a lot more than stores in alleyways and side streets. Although, they will take time and effort to find, unless you have someone that can read Japanese.

The UFO machines are ******* hard lol

If you see a gambling area at arcades DO NOT PARTICIPATE

it's a scam. you don't win s**t. you can't keep the fake coins, and you can't trade them in.

last tip. go for at least a month

Oh and it IS okay to walk to a public bath house with clothes underneath your kimono.

You can still walk in and enjoy yourself WITHOUT having to specifically see asian junk. Just keep your eyes up there.

You can walk around with a little towel around your privates, but seriously, it's like a survival environment in there. You look the weakest

Shower before and after (common etiquette) entering the hot spring etc.

*diclsimer
*just watched mayweather rig the fight and I'm smashed

I'm going to Amsterdam after the Ironman, come at me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't bother with LA, it's overrated and just plain crap. Do visit San Fran and Vegas

Couldn't agree more

Also, if you can avoid air travel, do. We wasted so much time in airports for short haul flights. Would be better to drive...

...if you have a license of course...;)

A place for Traveling tips, experiences or talking about where you plan on going.

Next year I'm planning on traveling over to America for WrestleMania 32 in Dallas and then probably going to somewhere like L.A, New York or Miami (Hopefully will get to some NBA games). Just wanted to know of anyone's experiences over in the United States and the do's and do not's over there.
Anaheim is a pretty good place to start since you're into the wrestling. Fantasy and disney would be right up your alley since the land of wonder is right at your door and they open their arms for to people who like to wear costumes to get their rocks off.

Tijuana in Mexico is an eye opener and something I think one must experience.

*diclsimer
*just watched mayweather rig the fight and I'm smashed

I'm going to Amsterdam after the Ironman, come at me
Wow thanks to fitzroybulldog im now aware I posted this!

Anyway been doing research of Fuel Dumping, complex and time consuming but if you strike it lucky you can fly OZ-USA for about $300 return....

DON'T have a kids if you ever actually want to travel

:(
The best time to travel is with kids, they love venturing to new places and they'll hold onto the memories for eternity. I wouldn't go anywhere without the kids.

I went on the fairstar when I was 8, not long after my Dad passed away, and I remember every second and I'm forever grateful for the experience.... had an absolute ball. A cruise is ideal if you don't suffer from sea sickness.

Fiji is one place I recommend... simply idyllic.

Wow thanks to fitzroybulldog im now aware I posted this!

Anyway been doing research of Fuel Dumping, complex and time consuming but if you strike it lucky you can fly OZ-USA for about $300 return....
How?

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago... I don't know why anyone would want to travel with kids.

You go through all the extra hassle and money spent, your schedule is basically centred around the kids (depending on how old they are), and at the end of the day; they either don't remember it or don't truly value it.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago... I don't know why anyone would want to travel with kids.

You go through all the extra hassle and money spent, your schedule is basically centred around the kids (depending on how old they are), and at the end of the day; they either don't remember it or don't truly value it.
Let's hope you never have kids... for their sake.

Did you travel as a kid?

Did you travel as a kid?
Yeah I did.

I remember going to movie world (and maybe sea world?) and have a couple memories of it, but that's about it. Pretty pointless trip.

A trip to Paris and other parts of Europe, when I was 14, and didn't really enjoy it that much.

Also went to Beijing for a little bit, can't remember anything except for playing Pokemon Ruby and shitting my pants on the Great Wall of China.

I actually only just remembered I went somewhere in China, but can't even remember where it was or what even happened.

And countless times gone to Shanghai as a kid, which most of the time I pretty much just slept in and chilled with the grandparents and auntie.

The most memorable trips were the most recent ones, going to Japan, recent trip to Shanghai and Malaysia, doing things by myself that I want to do, not with the parents.

I've also never heard anybody my age say "oh man that trip I went when I was a kid was the best!". Most just see it as something to tag along.

Let's hope you never have kids... for their sake.
Thanks!

I'd dismiss your parenting skills too, but alas I'm not you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back