Media SFAPA S25 End Of Season Survey + Announcements

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

Firstly the Beez Trophy presentation will be held on Monday, 9th of July 2018, new fixture release date will be 13th of July 2018 and squad submission is 16th of July 2018. The first match threads of Season 26 is set to be posted on the 24th of July 2018.

Now that that's done I thought we'd take the chance to collect some feedback from the past season to help us go forward. So if you want to have a say please complete this short survey regarding your experience of Season 25.

Opinion (3-2-1 votes for Q1-5)
1. Best Captain:
2. Best Overall Thread:
3. Best Media Performer:
4. Best Match Thread Poster:
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own):
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars:
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed:

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q10)
9. What format should this competition take?

a) State Of Origin - based on Australian States
b) Sweet Provincial Championships - based on Sweet District Divisions on the Map Mobbs created
c) All Star Game
d) Other - please specify
10. What rule changes do you believe should be made over the offseason if any?
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league?

The deadline of the survey will be 8th of July 2018, 11:59pm AEST and the results will be revealed on the 10th. I intend address the results of this in the committee room during preseason discussion so please answer it seriously and honestly.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Are these intended to be public?
I'm happy to take entries both made in this thread or via pm as long as they're serious.

Do whatever suits you, whether it be sending them through privately or posting it in here to generate some discussion.

1. Best Captain: 3. fitzroybowiedog 2. haydo 1. Ant Bear
2. Best Overall Thread: 3. Tribunal and associated goodies 2. SFA Podcast 1. Rookie Challenge to the SFA (To be replaced by Tarkymetrics should it deliver Tarkyn_24)
3. Best Media Performer: 3. Ant Bear 2. Cloud_ 1. BLERN
4. Best Match Thread Poster: 3. Tarks 2. EJW 1. Yakker
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): 3. Demons 2. Rats 1. Hawks
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 4 decently-sized stars
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed: Ok. I enjoyed folk taking things to new levels: podcast, weird fanfics, analytics, tribunal, rookies going haywire (I know these things have occurred before but that they all occurred is neat. I also loved having Mobbs up and about around finals. I least enjoyed the Bears getting barreled out of finals, but am glad it happened with such style.

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8) So long as people are in to it, yes. The Rookie Challenge was one of the best match threads you could hope for, and that was with most captains understandably being on the down after the season's completion. If the timing and interest are cultivated well then I'm on board.
Nah.
b) Sweet Provincial Championships - based on Sweet District Divisions on the Map Mobbs created Yeah.
c) All Star Game Dunno.
Minor All-SFA nominations tweaks, continuing on the decent steps taken in the last
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? Gender neutral match feed. More harebrained match thread themes/postings.

1. Best Captain: fitzroybowiedog
2. Best Overall Thread: Podcast
3. Best Media Performer: Yakker
4. Best Match Thread Poster: BLERN
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): Swamprats (from a Wonders POV) or the Wonders
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 4 1/2
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed: Match threads, Award nights, things I disliked were the Sim's glitch which made the Wonders lose top spot

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8) YES
9. What format should this competition take? C
b) Sweet Provincial Championships - based on Sweet District Divisions on the Map Mobbs created
c) All Star Game
10. What rule changes do you believe should be made over the offseason if any? Sim changes would be fixing goal after siren, rules would be to kill the midseason trade period
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? Nil.

Last edited:
*Page 1 reservation*
Answers to come when sober

1. Best Captain:U2 (the number)t(with a small t)igers
2. Best Overall Thread:
3. Best Media Performer:
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed:learning how to spell

U2 (the number)t(with a small t)igers
Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8)
c) All Star Game
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league?

Last edited:
*Page 1 reservation*
Answers to come when sober

1. Best Captain:
2. Best Overall Thread:
3. Best Media Performer:

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8)
c) All Star Game
You spell my name U2 (the number)t(with a small t)igers

1. Best Captain: 3. Kohphi 2. Haydo 1. AntBear
2. Best Overall Thread:
3. Rising Star 2. Purge Night 1. SFA podcast
3. Best Media Performer:
3. Tony Lynn 16 2. Antbear 1. Noobz0r
3. The Coach 15 2. The Filth Wizard 1. Managatang
3. Bombers 2. Furies 1. Demons
4.8 stars
Match threads are the life blood of the SFA for me. Least enjoyed shitty boring match threads

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8) Yes. I really enjoyed the SFA taking to it to the North Board this year. Not sure how other boards received it but I think that should continue once a year in the off season. Perhaps with a one off game mid year similar to the rookies VS All star game mid season

c) All Star Game
I like this one
Not really my domain.
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? In an ideal world each team would boast a strong core of active posters, however I'm not sure that could be mandated by city hall

1. Best Captain: 3. Kohphi 2. Haydo 1. AntBear
2. Best Overall Thread: 3. Rising Star 2. Purge Night 1. SFA podcast
3. Best Media Performer: 3. Tony Lynn 16 2. Antbear 1. Noobz0r
4. Best Match Thread Poster: 3. The Coach 15 2. The Filth Wizard 1. Managatang
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): 3. Bombers 2. Furies 1. Demons
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 4.8 stars
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed: Match threads are the life blood of the SFA for me. Least enjoyed shitty boring match threads

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8) Yes. I really enjoyed the SFA taking to it to the North Board this year. Not sure how other boards received it but I think that should continue once a year in the off season. Perhaps with a one off game mid year similar to the rookies VS All star game mid season
c) All Star Game
I like this one
Not really my domain.
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? In an ideal world each team would boast a strong core of active posters, however I'm not sure that could be mandated by city hall

No recognition?

I WILL hunt you down and I WILL kill you. (you'd probably just rise again in 3 days you campaigner!!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No recognition?

I WILL hunt you down and I WILL kill you. (you'd probably just rise again in 3 days you campaigner!!)
You were in the top 10 for best media performer and best match thread poster, which puts you quite high in my overall best poster stats. Unfortunately Cloud_ didn't include that in the end of season review so I guess you will never know.

I look forward to receiving votes from you though

You were in the top 10 for best media performer and best match thread poster, which puts you quite high in my overall best poster stats. Unfortunately Cloud_ didn't include that in the end of season review so I guess you will never know.

I look forward to receiving votes from you though
giphy.gif

Opinion (3-2-1 votes for Q1-5) -
1. Best Captain: 3- JoshWoodenSpoon 2 - Kohphi 1 - haydo
2. Best Overall Thread: 3 - Rising Star 2- Podcast threads 1 - Matty's talk with captains
3. Best Media Performer: 3 - Loonerty 2- BLERN 1- Yakker
4. Best Match Thread Poster: 3 - tony lynn 15 2 - rfctiger74 1 - GotTheGoodes (shout out to Cactus_ , who can become elite in match threads - right mix of banter)
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): 3 - Bombers 2 - Demons 1 - Hawks (unlucky Spamrats)
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 4.5 stars
7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed: I enjoyed good media pieces, and active match threads (banter makes this place) - Boring match threads are a downer - I actually think match threads are 1 or 2 days to long.

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q8) - A big Yes
Option B, but why not also a C at a different time.
b) Sweet Provincial Championships - based on Sweet District Divisions on the Map Mobbs created -
Great Idea - perfect for this game
c) All Star Game -
also good, the rookies vs captains was great
d) Other - please specify -
10. What rule changes do you believe should be made over the offseason if any? The goal after the siren thing needs changing - stuff the precedence that has already been set, the founder of this game said he would have awarded the goal.
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? A way needs to be found to even the teams with great core posters - I know its easier said then done though. - Hard actions are need

Last edited:
1. Best Captain: 3. JoshWoodenSpoon 2. fitzroybowiedog 1. Inanimate Carbon Rod
2. Best Overall Thread: 3. Ant Bear gets smashed by the entire league for using actual deceased people to try and get likes. 2. Noobz's retirement* 1. #scandal
3. Best Media Performer: Noobz
4. Best Match Thread Poster: JoshWoodenSpoon
5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): Since I left the Hawks can I say the Hawks?
6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 2
Most enjoyed: there are still decent posters around and a bit of niggle
Least enjoyed: The Sickly Family and I Dont Care's inevitable salty response to this post

Issues
8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES/NO (if NO skip to Q10) <Y>

10. What rule changes do you believe should be made over the offseason if any? Scrap goal squares altogether.
11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? Remove PhenomenalV1's ability to post threads.

1. Best Captain: 3: JoshWoodenSpoon, 2:
fitzroybowiedog, 1: KohPhi

2. Best Overall Thread: 3: The East Side Hawks: The Most Boring Team In The SFA, 2: Escape From Dragon Island, 1: Favours

3. Best Media Performer: 3: BLERN, 2: Cloud_, 1: JoshWoodenSpoon

4. Best Match Thread Poster: 3: BLERN, 2: KohPhi, 1: The Filth Wizard

5. Best Overall Posting Team (other than your own): 3: Roys, 2: Rats, 1: Wonders

6. Rate your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-5 stars: 4

7. List aspects of the Sweet FA you most enjoyed and least enjoyed: Irritating everyone with the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

8. Should there be a Representative Qooty Competition YES

b) Sweet Provincial Championships - based on Sweet District Divisions on the Map Mobbs created: Seems to be the fairest model
c) All Star Game: This works too, but half the league's best posters will still be on the sidelines.

Not off the top of my head, no.

11. Do you have ideas that would improve the running and experience of the league? Improve PhenomenalV1's ability to post media threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back