SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system being used up there is strange. Everywhere else that I know of uses a system where the points tallies are calculated on the team sheets for each match and it is obvious if you are over or not. I am not sure you can have other clubs requesting investigations into others. It should be black and white and the team sheets should tell u

Roota, the same thing happens here as well. Teams summit there sheets each week with each players point allocation on them. The issue is, that the points that clubs have been put down on the sheets each week are now being investigated as incorrect. Hence the league hierarchy has a lot to answer for.

The system being used up there is strange. Everywhere else that I know of uses a system where the points tallies are calculated on the team sheets for each match and it is obvious if you are over or not. I am not sure you can have other clubs requesting investigations into others. It should be black and white and the team sheets should tell u
Yep, same system with all players to be pre-approved their points by the league before season commences, or they take to the field, if a latecomer.

Roota, the same thing happens here as well. Teams summit there sheets each week with each players point allocation on them. The issue is, that the points that clubs have been put down on the sheets each week are now being investigated as incorrect. Hence the league hierarchy has a lot to answer for.

Ah righto got ya....just seems to be more issues up your way than down here. Must be how it is being administered as you say

Ah righto got ya....just seems to be more issues up your way than down here. Must be how it is being administered as you say

I agree it is embarrasing for the league. I would have thought that after the episode with Red Cliffs last season that they would have been on top of the points situation. They should be looking at the points allocation as the players are cleared or athe close of clearances, or simply look at the clubs in danger of exceeding their allocation. Do it before the clubs breach the rules to stop embarrassing situations such as what has just occurred.
If a club has to drop a player to get inside their allocation then it will encourage more prudent recruiting and more careful application of the rules.The Wendy / Ouyen situation is embarrassing for all.

I agree it is embarrasing for the league. I would have thought that after the episode with Red Cliffs last season that they would have been on top of the points situation. They should be looking at the points allocation as the players are cleared or athe close of clearances, or simply look at the clubs in danger of exceeding their allocation. Do it before the clubs breach the rules to stop embarrassing situations such as what has just occurred.
If a club has to drop a player to get inside their allocation then it will encourage more prudent recruiting and more careful application of the rules.The Wendy / Ouyen situation is embarrassing for all.

Be interesting to see how many other commissions had similar 'post approval queries' to determine if this is a localized issue, or a greater state wide issue. Did hear there had been some issues in one other league, but which one fails me at this point in time.

Be interesting to see how many other commissions had similar 'post approval queries' to determine if this is a localized issue, or a greater state wide issue. Did hear there had been some issues in one other league, but which one fails me at this point in time.
It is believed a Horsham District Football League Club played in an elimination final while exceeding their points. Played with the maximum on the teamsheet but a bit of research showed that two and potentially three players were allocated one point less than they should have been. Lucky for the league the club lost that game. Had they have won it we would be looking at a formal protest, investigation and possible reversal of the result. A big mess.

Hopefully the points issue is behind us, move onto the finals footy. Merbs took it right up to Ouyen last weekend, but just didn't have enough blokes who could play their role equal to or better than their opponents. Ouyen may just get to the big dance, they can push both Mildura and Irymple, some Irymple insiders have stated that Ouyen are by far the most physical team in the SFNL (at the ball).
Mildura v Irymple, don't think you can read much into the round 17 game result, I reckon the Dees will be a lot more slick and purposeful in the second-semi. They will miss Vallance, however Irymple won't have Hamance either. The big ins will be Eagle, Eaton and Mee, while Mildura will have Alvey back. Forget about his age, he still directs traffic as well as anyone in the league. I'm expecting another big game from Henry Kerr, I reckon he's a ripper. Irymple's backline could be stretched in this one, with Matthews and Kerr the obvious targets. Brownbridge should have first crack at Matthews, maybe N Hura on Kerr, although Kerr might have too big a tank for the man-bun-wearing backman, and too much speed. If Eagle gets a hold of his opponent (whoever that may be) it could be a shootout, especially if it allows Eaton to move into the midfield with Flack and Condidorio. Mee will probably play back, I think Eaton is trying to develop him into a rebounding defender much like he is as his peak. The Martin boys will also need some close attention and they have had a good season. Mee may pick up Josh Martin which would be a great match-up to watch. Richardson should come into his own on the open space of City Oval, he could be damaging with his speed much in the same way Flack is for Irymple, although Richardson is a better ball user and decision maker.
I just see too many scoring options for Mildura. Kerr, Matthews, J Martin, Lando v Eagle, Dowdy, Pezz, Eaton... It'll depend who can control the midfield and use the ball better going forward. The ruck will also be interesting, Beggs will have to go up against Summerfield and Crossling, Beggs will get a chop out every now and then from Matthews but that will rob the Dees forward line of their prime target.
Mildura by 18 points IMO, too may avenues to goal that Irymple won't be able to plug.

Looking at the sides as published I'd give it to the swallows.
Why isn't Begg getting a game?
I asked the same thing, I reckon the Dee's are stronger with Beggs in the side if he's fit, Matthews and Hall against Crozz and Summerfield, I'll give that to the Swallows rucks...
Only thing I can think is he's not 100% fit, or Hally is expecting to bring something special...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mildura looked the goods today. Irymple slow to get off the mark and struggle to show any of the form that's had everyone talking. Early injury to eagle didn't help and additional injuries to others to have them a man down at the end of the game might not help their cause next week against the Kangas.

Irymple outplayed and out coached I reckon, no plan "B" when Mildura managed to push their zone back, negating irymples ability to score. The loss of Eagle early with a knee injury and Nick Mee with a broken arm hampered them further, however even if these injuries didn't occur I reckon Mildura would have still got the chocolates. Big ask now for the swallows to front up against Ouyen next week and match up to the most physical side in the SFNL. They'd be praying Hamance comes back in, maybe Muir for Eagle if he's not right... Just as concerning was Crossling/Summerfield getting smashed by Matthews/Hall in the ruck and around the ground.

Tips for this weekend's grand final people?

If Ouyen United can maintain the intensity and work rate they showed last weekend and Mildura don't choke at the final hurdle like they have done in the past, we should be in for a cracker of a grand final.

I'm backing the newbies, be a great end to an amazing year for them.

Tips for this weekend's grand final people?

If Ouyen United can maintain the intensity and work rate they showed last weekend and Mildura don't choke at the final hurdle like they have done in the past, we should be in for a cracker of a grand final.

I'm backing the newbies, be a great end to an amazing year for them.
I'm also backing the crop farmers. So tough and uncompromising at the contests, they won't allow Mildura to get the ball out if the stoppages in a hurry...
Would be a great result..!!!

The jumpers are at the laundry , the padding is off the posts and the boundary lines are just about gone.
Now based on hearsay, unfounded rumours and wishful thinking which clubs will be after a new coach for 2017.
I'll suggest...... South that's easy.
Imps
Red Cliffs
Alvey seems to be considering giving it away
Irymple could be after another half of a joint coaching arrangement
Robinvale not likely but you never know
Wenty seem happy with Belly
Merbein could stay with the current arrangement
Ouyen pretty safe I reckon

No comment on how big an effort it was by Ouyen
Roota, not sure anyone could really understand what the Kangas would have had to go through this year unless you were in that inner sanctum. A merger alone would be a big year but throw in a change of leagues and the work load would have doubled.

Not sure if anyone else noticed the group of Kangas in the centre of no 1. After the game.. At a guess I can only assume it was their Committe or a group that has a large hand in bringing this club together - if it was.. I well done to them for building what they have.

One thing is for sure, the Sunraysia league definitely knows now that they have arrived..

The jumpers are at the laundry , the padding is off the posts and the boundary lines are just about gone.
Now based on hearsay, unfounded rumours and wishful thinking which clubs will be after a new coach for 2017.
I'll suggest...... South that's easy.
Imps
Red Cliffs
Alvey seems to be considering giving it away
Irymple could be after another half of a joint coaching arrangement
Robinvale not likely but you never know
Wenty seem happy with Belly
Merbein could stay with the current arrangement
Ouyen pretty safe I reckon

Rumor has it that Bell is stepping down to take on juniors.. Leaves B.Rigby as a playing coach.
Red cliffs - have heard Ben is also stepping aside.

I see IMPS have landed a handy player.
Have any other teams signed or rumored to sign anyone yet?
I did hear that Ben Duscher has decided to step away from football. Interesting to see how the Pies go covering his lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back