Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals here at last!
My thoughts on the first and second semi
Irymple to beat Robinvale
Mildura to beat Ouyen
Prelim Irymple v Ouyen ????
Looks like you kit the nail on the head DollyA, Irymple pummelled the Eagles. What do you think of Irymple's chances of getting to the big dance? They have struggled against Ouyen in the past, and I reckon Mildura have just too much class across the park......

Looks like you kit the nail on the head DollyA, Irymple pummelled the Eagles. What do you think of Irymple's chances of getting to the big dance? They have struggled against Ouyen in the past, and I reckon Mildura have just too much class across the park......
Irymple were beaten by 3 or 4 goals at there last meeting. Their side that won on Saturday had 8 players that were not in that side that lost to Ouyen.

Irymple were beaten by 3 or 4 goals at there last meeting. Their side that won on Saturday had 8 players that were not in that side that lost to Ouyen.
Soooo......with the changes to team structures and personnel, do you think Irymple can get over the line and into a GF? Ouyen are the "toughest" side over the ball in the league in my opinion. With Farrer possibly returning through the finals, they'll become harder to beat. It's going to be a big ask, depends which Irymple shows up on the day i guess....

Soooo......with the changes to team structures and personnel, do you think Irymple can get over the line and into a GF? Ouyen are the "toughest" side over the ball in the league in my opinion. With Farrer possibly returning through the finals, they'll become harder to beat. It's going to be a big ask, depends which Irymple shows up on the day i guess....
Wot do I know???.

Wot do I know???.
The result of tonight's tribunal plus Martins injury could influence next Saturdays result. On their day Irymple could do it but I reckon Mildura will end up with another crack at Ouyen.
While I'm on Ouyen did they fly in Felton to play ressies, surely that's not in the spirit of ressies football here or anywhere else for that matter!!?!

The result of tonight's tribunal plus Martins injury could influence next Saturdays result. On their day Irymple could do it but I reckon Mildura will end up with another crack at Ouyen.
While I'm on Ouyen did they fly in Felton to play ressies, surely that's not in the spirit of ressies football here or anywhere else for that matter!!?!
Too bloody right they flew Relton in for a ressies game, but when your awash with the sort of cash Ouyen have...what the hell..!!
Only heard about the Beggs incident details before tonights tribunal, if he gets rubbed out and Martin doesn't come up for this weekend, it's makes for an interesting contest. I'm in your camp Dolly, Ouyen/Mildura rematch in the GF, Irymple will need to have 18 winning positions on the park Saturday to get through.....

Beggs found guilty, free to play..... Does that sound wrong to anyone else? The act and result should have been enough for at least 1 game suspension; enforced immediately, without taking into account, or disregarding the intent. A reckless act, resulting in an injury requiring a stretcher to carry the injured player from the field deserved more than have a good game this weekend.
Rant over....

Welcome to the Dolly and Shnail forum!

Irymple would have to be happy with tomorrows side.
Is it good enough?
I'm not picking either.
If Martin is saved for the Grand Final then ?????!!!!!

Welcome to the Dolly and Shnail forum!

Irymple would have to be happy with tomorrows side.
Is it good enough?
I'm not picking either.
If Martin is saved for the Grand Final then ?????!!!!!
Is there anybody else out there....?
Woweee.... Mildura out in straight sets. Don't reckon Martin passed this mornings fitness test, and the way they played I don't reckon he would've made much difference... Losing Gordon hurt them, and the Swallows were relentless...
Onto next week DollyA...!!!!

Is there anybody else out there....?
Woweee.... Mildura out in straight sets. Don't reckon Martin passed this mornings fitness test, and the way they played I don't reckon he would've made much difference... Losing Gordon hurt them, and the Swallows were relentless...
Onto next week DollyA...!!!!

No Martin was a bonus for the Swallows and when Gordon went down it compounded their problem.
But Irymple looked the goods all day.
Any truth in the story that Ouyen want to buy their own plane for thefly ins.

No Martin was a bonus for the Swallows and when Gordon went down it compounded their problem.
But Irymple looked the goods all day.
Any truth in the story that Ouyen want to buy their own plane for thefly ins.

Mildura "Chokers" you cant win finals when you only have four decent players, Martin x 2, Richardson and Gordon. The rest are over rated and go missing in finals.

Mildura "Chokers" you cant win finals when you only have four decent players, Martin x 2, Richardson and Gordon. The rest are over rated and go missing in finals.
A little harsh!
Out coached early, but should have got back in the game.
The sunny daily says they've won 42 of the last 50 games they've got to be doing something right. Perhaps they thought it was their turn and it would just happen.

When it's on the line, it seems they can't stand up at the moment. Last 2 years during H&A season they were terrific, but were undone by sides that just wanted to win contest after contest in big finals. Was there some "cue in the rack" thinking in the second-semi against Ouyen? They gave a yelp on the weekend in the third term, but 1.7 was not the return they had hoped for.
I don't think they are overrated, buy they certainly went missing when it came to the crunch....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W.Farrer in according to the Ouyen website.
W.Farrer out according to the Sunny Daily.
The coach says he will play.
Funny buggers I suspect.
The winner?
???????????
I know who I'd like to win
and it ain't a cashed up marsupial.

W.Farrer in according to the Ouyen website.
W.Farrer out according to the Sunny Daily.
The coach says he will play.
Funny buggers I suspect.
The winner?
???????????
I know who I'd like to win
and it ain't a cashed up marsupial.
Kanga$ by the length of their bank balance

I think it's fantastic and by no means a coincidence that the two clubs with probably the biggest, hardworking and most passionate supporters in the league are facing off in the grand final. Good luck to both clubs.

The Salary Cap is in force next season and the penalties are harsh.
The clubs up here know what a players value ( real or otherwise) is especially when they have already had an offer knocked back.
Will one club dob in another?
Will clubs find a way to get around the cap without being caught?

Good call Dolly, I'm not sure of the specifics, but would costs such as airfares, accommodation be included do ya reckon?

This is from aflvic (it is referring to metropolitan leagues).......

"Cash or non-cash payments and benefits given or applied to a Player in connection with their travel or accommodation costs associated with a Player’s past, present or future services with a Club as a football player shall be treated as a Player Payment, and therefore are included in the calculation of the Club’s Player Payment ......."

However if the club hires a bus to take the players to a game then it isn't considered a player payment.
So maybe the rumour about the club buying their own plane to bring in their players is not as far fetched as it would seem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back