SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from Robinvale confirm that they have signed a former player as coach? I dont mean Falvo either :mad:

Red Cliffs & Imperials to fight out for the wooden spoon again...

Falvo's it, just speaking to someone from Robinvale and his taken the reins for 2012. 17 players from the senior side last year gone. hopefully they can pick a few up now that a coach is confirmed.

Soooo gents!
Any predictions on flag favs?
Medal winners? Mcloud and leading goal kicker?

the season is a little over 8weeks away, how do people see the season panning out with the caliber of players leaving?

Soooo gents!
Any predictions on flag favs?
Medal winners? Mcloud and leading goal kicker?

the season is a little over 8weeks away, how do people see the season panning out with the caliber of players leaving?

Wenty for the flag, picked up some very handy recruits.
Mcleod: Alvey to back it up.
Goalkicker: Ant Matthews.
Ladder: Wenty, South, Irymple, Merbein/Mildura, Rvale, Imps, Red Cliffs

I can not say a clear fav for the flag but Iry,South and Wenty depending on injuries at seasons end.

McLeod: Eaton,Alvey
Goal-kicking: Banga or Bell (depending on how many games Bell plays)

Thinking a South and Wenty GF which should be a quick and skillful game by the sounds of there teams.

Imps for wooden spoon Reddy not far behind.

Delray I bet the big D train has not been to training or signed a contract yet?????? You better double check!

I can not say a clear fav for the flag but Iry,South and Wenty depending on injuries at seasons end.

McLeod: Eaton,Alvey
Goal-kicking: Banga or Bell (depending on how many games Bell plays)

Thinking a South and Wenty GF which should be a quick and skillful game by the sounds of there teams.

Imps for wooden spoon Reddy not far behind.

Delray I bet the big D train has not been to training or signed a contract yet?????? You better double check!
I here that there was a bloke that looked very much like D at irymple training yesterday.

what is chris lee like from redcliffs..i heard he is coming to a club in my league and am interested in what sort of player he is etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like about 11 Sunraysia lads made the U18 Bendigo Pioneers list for season 2012. Thats 1/4 of the squad list. Fantastic effort from those boys and Trevor Ryan in the preparation for the season. It goes to show, along with the success of the V-Line Cup teams of 2010/11, that our SFNL/SJFNL have some of the best coaches and mentors going around....

Looks like about 11 Sunraysia lads made the U18 Bendigo Pioneers list for season 2012. Thats 1/4 of the squad list. Fantastic effort from those boys and Trevor Ryan in the preparation for the season. It goes to show, along with the success of the V-Line Cup teams of 2010/11, that our SFNL/SJFNL have some of the best coaches and mentors going around....

Or a good crop of kids?

agreed "Made4September" good kids who are getting more recognition......but back to our other topic.....gone are the days of just playing footy for the love of it.....each club basically plays with a new team each year for money reasons more then anything else

agreed "Made4September" good kids who are getting more recognition......but back to our other topic.....gone are the days of just playing footy for the love of it.....each club basically plays with a new team each year for money reasons more then anything else

Basically plays a new team each year? You for real? SFL would have to be the least recruited to league in the state, the money offered to player of the same standard in other leagues is blinding. Our neighours in the Mallee and CMFL spend more money on sign ons than most clubs in the SFL would spend in a year.

looking forward to the mext crop of kids coming from each club too?? any ideas as to who will play seniors from any club?? what bout injury wise?? any clubs going to get some mid year recruits basically through injuries that are returning???

Tough year for Imps ahead after Friday nights showing. Hard to make up my mind about South. They could have/should have beaten Imps by more.
Merbein took it up to Irymple early but faded or the swallows put their foot down.

Anyone else with thoughts on Friday night.

Would like to hear about Sat games.

Tough year for Imps ahead after Friday nights showing. Hard to make up my mind about South. They could have/should have beaten Imps by more.
Merbein took it up to Irymple early but faded or the swallows put their foot down.

Agree with your thoughts on both games. Did have a couple of Irymple people mention to me about South Milduras Salary Cap points. Are they genuinely over or is this just the same talk that happens every year??
If they are over then the league needs to act fast and come down hard on them otherwise the Salary Cap is not worth the paper it is written on.

Merbein missing joey wright Leigh Riordan Matt Walder Brad Congress Chook Byrne Shea Bateman played a lot of kids that held there own! looking up for the pies... Callow in for a big year was very good in the air friday night pacey for a tall bloke, south good but surely cant play all those blokes within the points system??? imps missing a couple but in all sorts i think.

Good to see footy back in action for 2012!!!

Merbein missing joey wright Leigh Riordan Matt Walder Brad Congress Chook Byrne Shea Bateman played a lot of kids that held there own! looking up for the pies... Callow in for a big year was very good in the air friday night pacey for a tall bloke, south good but surely cant play all those blokes within the points system??? imps missing a couple but in all sorts i think.

Good to see footy back in action for 2012!!!
Heard Joey (can't get) wright hasn't trained yet? And please if cholla plays this year it's not saying much about the direction merbein are goin. Riordo and congress can be game changes and match winners.

Heard Joey (can't get) wright hasn't trained yet? And please if cholla plays this year it's not saying much about the direction merbein are goin. Riordo and congress can be game changes and match winners.

Trained before xmas and a few after and in between in the new year but vintage has held him up but now that thats finished should be seeing him down at KP, Chook (Cholla) is fit and hard and will no doubt help the younger kids don't know if he will play ones but his not worth points and has 1000 games experience so might have to??? Congo still about 2 months away with a crook ankle but riordo should be right for friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back