SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.....however they were a top 4 side last year, and by the looks of it, with the addition of Beggs, Alvey, Lando and co, and the improvement of Rogerson and Vallence, they'll push for top 2 IMO......Better get excited....

Yep I think they will be up there also. Easily their best list since 07

Wouldnt it be a little more even on the clubs if the 2 mallee clubs didnt merge? That way the league stays even (no weekly byes) and they dont have too much of a financial advantage over the league. Obviously mallee league is known to spend some cash a fair bit more then sfl. So if you combine 2 mallee teams fair chance they'll have some cash flow behind them

Wouldnt it be a little more even on the clubs if the 2 mallee clubs didnt merge? That way the league stays even (no weekly byes) and they dont have too much of a financial advantage over the league. Obviously mallee league is known to spend some cash a fair bit more then sfl. So if you combine 2 mallee teams fair chance they'll have some cash flow behind them

i read somewhere Ouyen coach said theres been no discussion with Walpeup Underbool to Merge

Wodonga Raiders pretty confident that they have landed him but who knows
Yeah heard that as well Roota. I guess we'll just wait 'n see..... He would be a handy pickup either way, Merbein would be considerably stronger with both Duscher and Sylvia.....

Sylvia signed at merbein, announcement this week
If/when this materializes, it is a great result for Merbein and for the SFNL. We need to attract this caliber of footballers back to the league. Imagine an interleague team with S.Motlop, A.Lovett, M.Alvey, B.Duscher, C.Sylvia, J.Eagle, J.Coleman, The 2 Hards Boys.......... Great news....

Thought I would have a crack at an interleague side, this is what I come up with...
FB Jeffers Maddocks Boyd
HB Hamence Hughes B.Hards
C Flack Eaton Vallence
HF Coleman McNally Motlop
F Matthews Eagle R.Hards
R Beggs Duscher Lovett
Int Collins Rogerson Birch Mee

Plenty of talent miss out. It would be great if all were available to play....

Thought I would have a crack at an interleague side, this is what I come up with...
FB Jeffers Maddocks Boyd
HB Hamence Hughes B.Hards
C Flack Eaton Vallence
HF Coleman McNally Motlop
F Matthews Eagle R.Hards
R Beggs Duscher Lovett
Int Collins Rogerson Birch Mee

Plenty of talent miss out. It would be great if all were available to play....

i heard over the weekend that Lovett is not playing inter league? Apparently unavailable? So with him and Eaton out who are your ins SCHNAIL73?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea well done for putting 2 and 2 together Damien Barret, anyone coulda guessed he'd come back and play a few games at Merbs. Guessing you're one of those campaigners who'll cry points system?

Spell check please "coulda" should be "could of"
Merbs - Merbein
Guessing you're from Merbein?

i heard over the weekend that Lovett is not playing inter league? Apparently unavailable? So with him and Eaton out who are your ins SCHNAIL73?
Yeah, both big losses to the potential side, could move B.Hards into the centre, bringing in K.Bell onto a HBF. R.Hards is in great form, he takes Lovett's position and swing Rogerson into the pocket, with maybe J.Stokes into the side. There are plenty of options, it'll come down to weather as well playing down at Cranbourne, forecast cold windy conditions may see the likes of S.Callahan, J.Frankel or W.Brady get a gig as well.....

Yeah, both big losses to the potential side, could move B.Hards into the centre, bringing in K.Bell onto a HBF. R.Hards is in great form, he takes Lovett's position and swing Rogerson into the pocket, with maybe J.Stokes into the side. There are plenty of options, it'll come down to weather as well playing down at Cranbourne, forecast cold windy conditions may see the likes of S.Callahan, J.Frankel or W.Brady get a gig as well.....

Schnail, I reckon you are losing a little focus here. What is the biggest ticket in town, an inter league win or a GF medal on ya neck and on the dressing table for life. The SFL players like most other league players are over the league crap. What for and for what. Your call on SFL getting healthy with quality players coming back to, home base, (I think) to give something back (I think) is commendable but do the best in the league still want to run around in a no real pay day game for old men in old shoes.

Schnail, I reckon you are losing a little focus here. What is the biggest ticket in town, an inter league win or a GF medal on ya neck and on the dressing table for life. The SFL players like most other league players are over the league crap. What for and for what. Your call on SFL getting healthy with quality players coming back to, home base, (I think) to give something back (I think) is commendable but do the best in the league still want to run around in a no real pay day game for old men in old shoes.
Fair dinkum Vanderhum, I reckon you have been sniffing too much of what your Range Rover produces, ordinary fumes. I reckon good footy players want to play good footy, and they get that playing interleague.
Watched a slick and fit Mildura dismantle an ugly and plump Irymple today, without Eaton and the Dtrain they are ordinary. James Flack showed some dash, as did Shae Allen, the contest between Ash Spencer and Nick Mee was a great one with Spencer probably the winner in that contest. Lando was awesome with 5 and Matthews is always a good target. The ruckman Beggs gave his mids like Rogerson and Spencer first use more often than not, as I predicted early on, Mildura are the real deal. Again with Irymple they rely on too few, Jeffers tried all day as did Condy.... Injury concerns for the interleague squad, Eagle finished in the third with a hammy, Eaton won't play with the quad injury.

Fair dinkum Vanderhum, I reckon you have been sniffing too much of what your Range Rover produces, ordinary fumes. I reckon good footy players want to play good footy, and they get that playing interleague.
Watched a slick and fit Mildura dismantle an ugly and plump Irymple today, without Eaton and the Dtrain they are ordinary. James Flack showed some dash, as did Shae Allen, the contest between Ash Spencer and Nick Mee was a great one with Spencer probably the winner in that contest. Lando was awesome with 5 and Matthews is always a good target. The ruckman Beggs gave his mids like Rogerson and Spencer first use more often than not, as I predicted early on, Mildura are the real deal. Again with Irymple they rely on too few, Jeffers tried all day as did Condy.... Injury concerns for the interleague squad, Eagle finished in the third with a hammy, Eaton won't play with the quad injury.

Hey Schnail, you gotta stop inhaling the steam off D train's socks. But first, credit is due, your call on Mildura being the team watch looks to be on the money. You did however leave Merbein out of the thread who are travelling nicely off the radar (certainly off schnail's). So whilst you can peacock around wearing your demon's singlet, there is still a bit of footy left in the SFL this year. The Swallows with a full and uninjured squad will also take some stopping with Eaton Mee & Flack all making regular visits to the doctors on Mondays with leather poisoning, you and ya Mildura muppets may not have much to toast come September. As for the interleague I reckon you should give the Tarax away. Players all look for excuses not to play, so much so the leagues have some enforcement policy where league appointed doctors verify if the injury excuse is legit. Ask the players and I reckon the answer will be that they would prefer to step in dog poo both feet, bare feet. Just sayen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back