SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Schnail, you gotta stop inhaling the steam off D train's socks. But first, credit is due, your call on Mildura being the team watch looks to be on the money. You did however leave Merbein out of the thread who are travelling nicely off the radar (certainly off schnail's). So whilst you can peacock around wearing your demon's singlet, there is still a bit of footy left in the SFL this year. The Swallows with a full and uninjured squad will also take some stopping with Eaton Mee & Flack all making regular visits to the doctors on Mondays with leather poisoning, you and ya Mildura muppets may not have much to toast come September. As for the interleague I reckon you should give the Tarax away. Players all look for excuses not to play, so much so the leagues have some enforcement policy where league appointed doctors verify if the injury excuse is legit. Ask the players and I reckon the answer will be that they would prefer to step in dog poo both feet, bare feet. Just sayen
Merbein are travelling well, it's good to see, especially with Duscher back playing for his junior club. It'll be interesting to see if a side can contain him who steps up to get 'em across the line. Imps are looking the goods at the moment, with Coleman, Hards X 3, McNally and co going about it in the usual Imps fashion. Not too many excuses from the boys looking to play interleague Vanderhum, Eagle did a hammy against Mildura last weekend, Eaton didn't come up with the quad, they traveled south with no additions to the original 47 man squad, so it might only be in your Ivanhoe area where $$$ takes precedence over pride, but that's to be expected eh.....Just sayen....

Merbein are travelling well, it's good to see, especially with Duscher back playing for his junior club. It'll be interesting to see if a side can contain him who steps up to get 'em across the line. Imps are looking the goods at the moment, with Coleman, Hards X 3, McNally and co going about it in the usual Imps fashion. Not too many excuses from the boys looking to play interleague Vanderhum, Eagle did a hammy against Mildura last weekend, Eaton didn't come up with the quad, they traveled south with no additions to the original 47 man squad, so it might only be in your Ivanhoe area where $$$ takes precedence over pride, but that's to be expected eh.....Just sayen....

I hear the interleague side got belted by near ten goals and the league that handed out this hiding is not high on the "strong comps". So where does this leave the SFL, players feigning injuries, travelling 6 hours to play (that is if the league did not bus them down the night before). I can hear a noise, it sounds like bells, I know what it is, it's the death nell for interleague , just sayen

All the hype around Sylvia merbein forgot one thing imps were out for blood, Imps strategy on sat was great, reminds me of the 80's just wish merbein had a few more players with campaigner in them to give it back not just go off scared and hurt
That sicker bloke is a true ******** though

Anyone else prepared to stick their lefty on Imps winning this years flag? Their forward line is functioning perfectly (J.McNally, Coleman, Darby), their midfield is as good as anyone's (B.Hards, R.Hards, C.Hards, R.McNally, B.Crosbie), their backline is solid (Cameron, Rhodes, Boyd, Maddocks), they have guys that can play forward & back (J.Collins, R.Doherty, K.Cameron, A.Douglas, R.Keating) and S.Callahan can play anywhere. On paper and year to date, this is the best side in the SFNL (the slip up against Irymple aside)....... Mildura appear to be the only real threat to them, other than the swallows create an upset this weekend and roll the Green Machine again......

Anyone else prepared to stick their lefty on Imps winning this years flag? Their forward line is functioning perfectly (J.McNally, Coleman, Darby), their midfield is as good as anyone's (B.Hards, R.Hards, C.Hards, R.McNally, B.Crosbie), their backline is solid (Cameron, Rhodes, Boyd, Maddocks), they have guys that can play forward & back (J.Collins, R.Doherty, K.Cameron, A.Douglas, R.Keating) and S.Callahan can play anywhere. On paper and year to date, this is the best side in the SFNL (the slip up against Irymple aside)....... Mildura appear to be the only real threat to them, other than the swallows create an upset this weekend and roll the Green Machine again......

tend to agree but seasons are long and you never know. Not many people would have predicted Red Cliffs to knock them off last year.

Mildura could get it together on their day with Mathews, Lando etc up forward and dont write Irymple off if everyone is fit and Donato and Eagle fire.

Didnt see Sicker listed above. What is story with him? Get a few weeks holiday from the club or the league for recent indiscretions?

tend to agree but seasons are long and you never know. Not many people would have predicted Red Cliffs to knock them off last year.

Mildura could get it together on their day with Mathews, Lando etc up forward and dont write Irymple off if everyone is fit and Donato and Eagle fire.

Didnt see Sicker listed above. What is story with him? Get a few weeks holiday from the club or the league for recent indiscretions?
Sicker accepted a week for the strike on Riordan, didn't play on the weekend, but he'll be back against Irymple. The investigation regarding Sicker's involvement in the Josh Dawson injury ended where most expected....no case to answer. He is also in their best 21, would prefer he didn't get run with roles as he is better as the switch option on a wing. He holds position well on the ground.
Mildura are a better and more even side than Irymple IMO. With both sides at their best and firing, Mildura wins by about 4 goals. Red Cliffs clearly miss Campbell and Moncur....

Schnail, please advise of your medical provider, he must be well versed in removing splinters given your prevalence at sitting on the fence and I have a small spur in my thumb from rubbing the lucky tree. I reckon you have backed no less than four horses in the SFL "Race to the bottom" handicap. You have had half a season to get your house in order, time to step up and talk the talk. Are you on Mildura Imps or Irymple. And here is the twist, you can only chose one. (Would be interested in your McLeod man too if you can narrow this down from a grab of say 14)

Schnail, please advise of your medical provider, he must be well versed in removing splinters given your prevalence at sitting on the fence and I have a small spur in my thumb from rubbing the lucky tree. I reckon you have backed no less than four horses in the SFL "Race to the bottom" handicap. You have had half a season to get your house in order, time to step up and talk the talk. Are you on Mildura Imps or Irymple. And here is the twist, you can only chose one. (Would be interested in your McLeod man too if you can narrow this down from a grab of say 14)
Imps are the best fully fit side in the comp right now. If they carry this team to the finals, imps win it. Jake Cameron and Tom Stevenson out this weekend and they still look strong. The McLeod is too early to call, I like Mitch Rogerson from Mildura and the number 10 from imps. We don't hand out premiership cups in June Vanderhum, how was opening weekend at Mount Buller, did ya Range Rover make it this time? You missed a good game between your D's and the Pies, another side with plenty of June/ July silverware.....

Imps are the best fully fit side in the comp right now. If they carry this team to the finals, imps win it. Jake Cameron and Tom Stevenson out this weekend and they still look strong. The McLeod is too early to call, I like Mitch Rogerson from Mildura and the number 10 from imps. We don't hand out premiership cups in June Vanderhum, how was opening weekend at Mount Buller, did ya Range Rover make it this time? You missed a good game between your D's and the Pies, another side with plenty of June/ July silverware.....

Spot on the snow was fine as was the Chardonnay. Now what is the Schnail snap on the big game at number, grand final preview? Or is there another contender or is it possible for the Tigers to open the wallet to buy another piece of silverware ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might have to sample some of that humble pie that Vanderhum keeps telling me is so good. Paid the 10er to see imps v swallows today and saw one hell of a contest. Less than a goal separated the sides with imps holding the lead for most of the day, then came the last 1/4. Coleman was restricted with what appeared to be a leg injury sustained in the 1st half, and imps struggled to grab marks in the forward 50 after that. McNally hit the packs as he always does, but the impact wasn't felt on the scoreboard. The Hards boys (Ryan & Brad) got plenty of the ball, but again their forward 50 entries did not produce what was required. Meanwhile, Eaton, Flack, Mee and co. got a lot of the footy which resulted in goals, J Eagle bagged 4 in the 2nd alone towards his tally of 7 by the end of the game. The contest was anyone's until the final term when the swallows too control foward of centre. Imps seemed to win the centre clearances time and time again (as they do) but the scoreboard impact was the the swallows alone. 7 goals to zip in the last quarter resulted in a 41 point win to irymple over the unanimously backed imps. As stated earlier, imps won most of the centre clearances, but it was the counterattack of the swallows imps couldn't stop. Flack and Mee tore them apart on the counter, and the damage was done in the last term. Mee kicked a goal in the last and was given a crack in the jaw by Rhodes to go along with the one he got from C Hards during the game, he'll be sore but happy with the win over his old side. Ryan and Brad Hards would have had 50+ possessions between them for the game, but couldn't impact the scoreboard. Crossling did enough around the ground to prove his worth and Eagle became dominant over Imps full back Tom Maddcks when the ball came in deep and fast. The swallows may have fund the secret to dismantling Imps, hard contested footy mixed with outside speed on the counter attack. Well played... But unexpected...

I might have to sample some of that humble pie that Vanderhum keeps telling me is so good. Paid the 10er to see imps v swallows today and saw one hell of a contest. Less than a goal separated the sides with imps holding the lead for most of the day, then came the last 1/4. Coleman was restricted with what appeared to be a leg injury sustained in the 1st half, and imps struggled to grab marks in the forward 50 after that. McNally hit the packs as he always does, but the impact wasn't felt on the scoreboard. The Hards boys (Ryan & Brad) got plenty of the ball, but again their forward 50 entries did not produce what was required. Meanwhile, Eaton, Flack, Mee and co. got a lot of the footy which resulted in goals, J Eagle bagged 4 in the 2nd alone towards his tally of 7 by the end of the game. The contest was anyone's until the final term when the swallows too control foward of centre. Imps seemed to win the centre clearances time and time again (as they do) but the scoreboard impact was the the swallows alone. 7 goals to zip in the last quarter resulted in a 41 point win to irymple over the unanimously backed imps. As stated earlier, imps won most of the centre clearances, but it was the counterattack of the swallows imps couldn't stop. Flack and Mee tore them apart on the counter, and the damage was done in the last term. Mee kicked a goal in the last and was given a crack in the jaw by Rhodes to go along with the one he got from C Hards during the game, he'll be sore but happy with the win over his old side. Ryan and Brad Hards would have had 50+ possessions between them for the game, but couldn't impact the scoreboard. Crossling did enough around the ground to prove his worth and Eagle became dominant over Imps full back Tom Maddcks when the ball came in deep and fast. The swallows may have fund the secret to dismantling Imps, hard contested footy mixed with outside speed on the counter attack. Well played... But unexpected...

The SFL appears to be an even comp in 2015 with three strong contenders for the silverware, Imperials, Mildura and now The Swallows have put one foot on a top two finish at the end of season ladder. The last spot to make the final four could also prove to be a good contest with South, Merbs and the wallet grubs all being in contention. Makes for a good competition when there a games every Saturday which require 4 quarters of good pressure football to get the 4 points. Who get the last spot ?

Think it will come down to who has the better run home and whose in form.
South play - mildura reddy rvale and merbz
Merbz play - irymple wenty south and mildura
Reddy play - imps south irymple rvale.

All three have a pretty similar run home so will be interesting...

Before the weekend I woulda said South, but.... Not knowing how serious Hodson's injury is and the fact they gave up a 38 point lead to Red Cliffs at 3/4 time tells me they ain't reddy (pardon the pun)... Merbs need some more firepower than just Duscher and an unfit Sylvia, he should give Lovett a call for some pointers.... Red Cliffs for me at the moment, but I could be wrong....

I was looking for this last night online my son told me that a couple Facebook sights had pulled it down so can't be much truth behind it?

It's gone quiet up in the SFL, has the league closed down or is the season done with the silverware creating the need for yet another cupboard in the imps impressive collection. Don't know if it's going to work its way up the Calder but 3 metro suburban footy clubs were drug tested last Saturday. How would the Sunraysia sides feel about the specimen in the jar, could be a few worried lads or not?

It's gone quiet up in the SFL, has the league closed down or is the season done with the silverware creating the need for yet another cupboard in the imps impressive collection. Don't know if it's going to work its way up the Calder but 3 metro suburban footy clubs were drug tested last Saturday. How would the Sunraysia sides feel about the specimen in the jar, could be a few worried lads or not?
Interestingly, Cameron Cloke was one of the boys tested. Others to be tested play for Doutta Stars, coached by Dean Wallis. Definitely target testing

2 horse race I reckon VH, Imps and Mildura. Even though Irymple have gotten it over Imps twice this year, at the pointy end of the year the cream will rise to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back