SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildura Independent online reporting 5 weeks. Can he appeal and still play this week and rest of finals?

If thats the case expect R/C to appeal or do whatever is possible to drag this out beyond the final series.. I wont be surprised if he plays this weekend.

Well, JJ is done. It'll be interesting to see if Red Cliffs appeal. This is the reason that the investigation would have taken so long. Your not just dealing with the incident itself, the investigators knew the allegations and wanted to ensure they had all their ducks lined up before pulling the trigger. I think history tells us that generally in these situations players appeal. It's probably a fair whack to JJ considering he plays in the NT during our off season, therefore he probably loses a fair income also...... Saying all of that, he could have chosen not to spit in an opponents face and he wouldn't be in this situation. Well done to the investigators and the league. I hope he doesn't appeal, would make a mockery of the proud Red Cliffs Football Club.

No one to blame but his cowardly self good day for the league I say! Let's move on to more important Things
Moving on..... Imps to beat Mildura today, Coleman will kick 6. Just too much class around the stoppages and the contested ball, Mildura will need something special from the likes of Rogerson and Vallence for them to get up. The Demons were good early in the year, their time will come when the likes of Martin and Kerr are a bit stronger. I still believe these 2 sides will meet in the GF.
Irymple v Red Cliffs should be a cracker of a game, no one knows which of the 2 sides will show up. Irymple needed Eaton to come back for a chance, still think Reddy might have too much ammo with Motlop, Lovett, Kirby, Marciano and others for Eaton, Flack, Mee, and Hamence. Who will line up on Eagle? Bell has done a good job in the past, but if Eagle takes the game by the scruff it could be interesting....

Moving on..... Imps to beat Mildura today, Coleman will kick 6. Just too much class around the stoppages and the contested ball, Mildura will need something special from the likes of Rogerson and Vallence for them to get up. The Demons were good early in the year, their time will come when the likes of Martin and Kerr are a bit stronger. I still believe these 2 sides will meet in the GF.
Irymple v Red Cliffs should be a cracker of a game, no one knows which of the 2 sides will show up. Irymple needed Eaton to come back for a chance, still think Reddy might have too much ammo with Motlop, Lovett, Kirby, Marciano and others for Eaton, Flack, Mee, and Hamence. Who will line up on Eagle? Bell has done a good job in the past, but if Eagle takes the game by the scruff it could be interesting....

Calling imps over the line already, wow big call is your towel boy putting something extra in the steam bucket. The demons have been the goods all year and ok that got rolled by the green machine when they last met but to get the engraver out of bed this early is like a fat kid getting a speed wobble running to the pie shop. The D's will be sharper and if they shut Coleman down it will be tighter than the grip that fat kid has on his pie. And calling the wallet grubs over the Swallows is a fair indication you've been licking the trumpet Lilly's again. The swallows by a long way and too close to call in the main event for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling imps over the line already, wow big call is your towel boy putting something extra in the steam bucket. The demons have been the goods all year and ok that got rolled by the green machine when they last met but to get the engraver out of bed this early is like a fat kid getting a speed wobble running to the pie shop. The D's will be sharper and if they shut Coleman down it will be tighter than the grip that fat kid has on his pie. And calling the wallet grubs over the Swallows is a fair indication you've been licking the trumpet Lilly's again. The swallows by a long way and too close to call in the main event for mine.
Vanderhum, you gotta stop posting after sucking the last of the laughing gas at your dental clinic, stick to pulling teeth and frequenting Mt Buller in the footy months. Imps belted your "D's" to the tune of 10 goals, Alvey's injured and no guarantee to play next week, wait to see what happens tomorrow in the 1st semi

Mildura made to look like a bottom 4 side, Mathews had the yips in front of goal, usually a great kick at goal, Lando would of been better of selling ice-cream out of the great Australian ice-creamery van, never even got close enough to the ball or contest to stage for a free kick and Dawson may as well of had an Imps jumper on the amount of times he kicked it straight to them. The pressure and intensity of finals football was to much for the D's as they went to water. Was Irymple's game to lose in the other semi and thats what they done, a 27 point half time lead cut to a straight kick at 3qtr time and coming home with a big wind. As the tiges come the skills of the Swallows got worse and worse, with simple errors creating turnovers and allowing Kirby, Stokes and Lovett to do what they wanted, with no opponent in site.. i would of thought Irymple would of been the best contender to imps who now would be red hot favorites. i'm thinking its going to be a 2014 granny rematch with imps getting this one back.. but hey it's finals and anything can happen..

Dear Schnail, could you please ask your butler, Manfred to serve my humble pie with a small serve of. "don't want to win" with a sprinkle of "soft melt" and a delicate side of "in my face". The M&M sums this dumb result up with, this was the Henshilwood lads for the taking and they just could not find one player to stand up. Hey I was not there but listened to Big Bill's call and to be blunt, did Irymple come out after the big break. Even the last with a strange breeze it was the Lovet & Stokes show. Time after time Bill called these match winners through the mid or holding up in defence. And like M & M, I was thinking the GF was best if the Swallows were on a roll but now with the Demons folding like a piece of Lady Scott at a Bay City Rollers concert, I see you being the new prophet of fools. Could you add a little bran on my humble pie, I'm feeling a little backed up...

Anyone with any news on the limb falling during the last, sounded bad

Dear Schnail, could you please ask your butler, Manfred to serve my humble pie with a small serve of. "don't want to win" with a sprinkle of "soft melt" and a delicate side of "in my face". The M&M sums this dumb result up with, this was the Henshilwood lads for the taking and they just could not find one player to stand up. Hey I was not there but listened to Big Bill's call and to be blunt, did Irymple come out after the big break. Even the last with a strange breeze it was the Lovet & Stokes show. Time after time Bill called these match winners through the mid or holding up in defence. And like M & M, I was thinking the GF was best if the Swallows were on a roll but now with the Demons folding like a piece of Lady Scott at a Bay City Rollers concert, I see you being the new prophet of fools. Could you add a little bran on my humble pie, I'm feeling a little backed up...

One scoop of bran or two Vanderhum? The problem with Irymple is they have a fair spread on the High-Low set points. When their flying they're unbeatable (ask Imps), but when off song, they don't have a plan B to stop the slide. Nick Mee was the difference in the first half for Irymple, but playing with injury in finals doesn't always get results (back related hamstring?), in the second half it was the Lovett and Stokes show. Neither team really tagged, so you would expect the cream to rise to the top and it did. Irymple have a few A graders at this level (Eagle, Mee, Flack, Eaton when fit, Hamence, Crossling, George) but they then fall away dramatically. Reddy on the opposite side have Motlop X 2, Lovett, Stokes, Birch, Kirby when his heads right, and their second level is better with Cua, Lee, the Tuifao boys, Bell and Brizzi makes the most of his unorthodox style. They're just a better list...
Saying that, can they beat Mildura this week, dunno.... I still rate the Demons, I reckon the 2 best midfielders in the comp are R. Hards of Imps and M. Rogerson of the Dee's. Whether or not Mildura has the second tier of players to go with Reddy's is another matter. Mildura didn't get much out of H. Kerr or Vallence on the weekend, these blokes need to lift to get over the Tigers IMO.... Wouldn't a rematch of last years GF be another great spectacle, but I think that Mildura will be pressed to make sure they at least get to the big dance after the year they have had.
Rogerson and R Hards to tie for the McLeod..... Can't split their seasons output.
Sigh of relief from Imps that Reddy took care of the Swallows....Pardon the Pun...!!!

One of the young girls from the school I work at was hit. Had a bit of concussion, doesn't remember much. She'll be ok though.

Team of the year:
Backs: Simon Callahan (Imps), Jakob Garreffa (Rob), Tom Maddocks (Imps).
HB: Nathan Hamence (Iry), Todd Hughes (Mda), Matt Willson (Rob)
C: Mitch Rogerson (Mda), Jesse Vallance (Mda) Jarrod Stokes (RC)
HF: Ryan Hards (Imps) C, Jarrod McNally (Imps), John Coleman (Imps)
Forwards: Carmelo Lando (Mda), Jason Eagle (Iry), Anthony Matthews (Mda)
Foll: Craig Beggs (Mda), Brad Hards (Imps), Ben Duscher (Mbn) VC.
Inter: Tim McAuley (Sth), Warrick Brady (WW), Kane Dawson (Mda), Shannon Motlop (RC), Andrew Lovett (RC)
Coaches: Ryan O'Callaghan, Mark Alvey (Mda)

Dawson what a joke, take Lando off and put Motlop on, best forward line in 20 years

Team of the year:
Backs: Simon Callahan (Imps), Jakob Garreffa (Rob), Tom Maddocks (Imps).
HB: Nathan Hamence (Iry), Todd Hughes (Mda), Matt Willson (Rob)
C: Mitch Rogerson (Mda), Jesse Vallance (Mda) Jarrod Stokes (RC)
HF: Ryan Hards (Imps) C, Jarrod McNally (Imps), John Coleman (Imps)
Forwards: Carmelo Lando (Mda), Jason Eagle (Iry), Anthony Matthews (Mda)
Foll: Craig Beggs (Mda), Brad Hards (Imps), Ben Duscher (Mbn) VC.
Inter: Tim McAuley (Sth), Warrick Brady (WW), Kane Dawson (Mda), Shannon Motlop (RC), Andrew Lovett (RC)
Coaches: Ryan O'Callaghan, Mark Alvey (Mda)

Dawson what a joke, take Lando off and put Motlop on, best forward line in 20 years
Spot on Rodman, even Vallence in the centre is questionable. Only played about a dozen games for the year and his second half of the year was ordinary by his standards, Colby Hards or Nick Mee would have been a better choice. I reckon Motlop should have been named Coach of the year also.

My Lordy Lordy Lordy, is this the run for the second SFA best 22. Lads take it with a warm dose of sugar & honey and get it done. Mee missed too many games and word on the street his ham strings are as tight as Bing Crosby"s undies. Had a good year but no claim, my thinking is the big miss is the defender from the wallet grubs. K Bell

My Lordy Lordy Lordy, is this the run for the second SFA best 22. Lads take it with a warm dose of sugar & honey and get it done. Mee missed too many games and word on the street his ham strings are as tight as Bing Crosby"s undies. Had a good year but no claim, my thinking is the big miss is the defender from the wallet grubs. K Bell
Vanderhum, obviously the number of games per year doesn't matter, as Vallence actually played less games than Mee, and was named in the best less times than him also. C Hards was good all year when he wasn't belting Pezz, and he played predominantly in the centre square position, he probably deserved that spot. K Bell...meh... Was taken to the cleaners a couple of times, would be better suited to a wing rather than a defender.... and he aint no Rogerson or Stokes this year.... no miss really...Rodman24 is right though, Dawson could easily be replaced.

Surely the league honchos must be p##sed off with imps making the big dance again. With all of their 13 supporters going it doesnt do much for gate takings for the leagues biggest fundraiser. Hopefully the tigers get up this week so there is a half decent crowd @ the GF.

Surely the league honchos must be p##sed off with imps making the big dance again. With all of their 13 supporters going it doesnt do much for gate takings for the leagues biggest fundraiser. Hopefully the tigers get up this week so there is a half decent crowd @ the GF.
Dunno about that wallydog, there are 7 other clubs that hate Imps and I'm sure a few of their supporters would head along a barrack for the opposition, even Mildura. Saying that, an Imps v Red Cliffs GF is always full of action....:D

Straight sets Schnail for the hapless Demons. What disaster the finals have been for this 'promise so much' club. And wont the finger pointing start, knives to be thrown in typical Mildura style. So it's the last dance and could not have set the scene better. Imps will not have it all their own way with the current form of stokes, Lovet and co, it's looking like back to back for houso's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back