SFL - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

B. Thomas to Mildura . . . a costly 6 point inclusion, however, will surely lift them up the ladder?????
They need to keep recruiting to make up ground on the others ahead of them...being most of the other clubs in the league. Should have plenty of points to play with...

A few good moves to date recruiting wise.
Irympls Caldwell, Red C’s Tankard, Thomas to Mildura are there anymore in the pipeline?
Did Irymple miss out on another top local??
Perhaps there just being quiet.

A few good moves to date recruiting wise.
Irympls Caldwell, Red C’s Tankard, Thomas to Mildura are there anymore in the pipeline?
Did Irymple miss out on another top local??
Perhaps there just being quiet.
Irymple are still waiting on a couple of names to commit, but they'll only be able to have one more on the list due to points....
There's a couple of locals speaking with Irymple, but they really only have points room for one.

There Grand Final side was worth 27 points ,three points of that for next year makes 24. That gives them 12 points free for next year. That’s two six pointers or three four pointers. If they grab another local that will be 4 plus a point 5 points . By my calculations than easily fit in a couple of locals.
Hmmmmm they’ve already got Caldwell so I guess that only leaves 7 points spare.

Last edited:
There Grand Final side was worth 27 points ,three points of that for next year makes 24. That gives them 12 points free for next year. That’s two six pointers or three four pointers. If they grab another local that will be 4 plus a point 5 points . By my calculations than easily fit in a couple of locals.
Hmmmmm they’ve already got Caldwell so I guess that only leaves 7 points spare.
Correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok then Irymple have a good midfield ,exceptional really but they may be lacking up the centre with Tankard going. Their forward line lacks a bit. Could Coglan play ff.
Lacking a FB and a FF, bit of a waste Coghlan sitting at FF, reckon they’ll rotate their mids forward as they did towards the end of last season. Coghlan, Flack, Mee, Hammance, Riordan..... Fair midfield...

Lacking a FB and a FF, bit of a waste Coghlan sitting at FF, reckon they’ll rotate their mids forward as they did towards the end of last season. Coghlan, Flack, Mee, Hammance, Riordan..... Fair midfield...
Where will they play Caldwell?
I guess he will be part of that rotation.

Last edited:
All clubs would be into preseason by now.
Are there any new recruits,players returning,up and coming young blokes?

All clubs would be into preseason by now.
Are there any new recruits,players returning,up and coming young blokes?
Not quite a young bloke, but Ben Duscher training with Irymple is what I've heard... Surely they couldn't get another one across the line into blue and gold?

Didnt know that.
What would his points be?
I reckon he could be a one pointer!!
Probably a 1 pointer, been out of the game a couple of seasons..would be handy for the Swallows though, the midfield match ups for opposition sides would be a nightmare..

Irymple have confirmed that Ben Duscher signed with them on Tuesday night.
I guess they know his point value and are confident of fitting him in. Would be embarrassing to find that there best side exceeded their points.
Perhaps they could rotate one on their big point players to the ressies each week. Would be tough at finals time though.

Irymple have confirmed that Ben Duscher signed with them on Tuesday night.
I guess they know his point value and are confident of fitting him in. Would be embarrassing to find that there best side exceeded their points.
Perhaps they could rotate one on their big point players to the ressies each week. Would be tough at finals time though.
All confirmed, signed and sealed, point value confirmed for Duscher and the list (60 listed for 44 spots per week) and apparently it's bang on. Long Thursday nights for the selection committee though...

Will the new rules for the AFL be applied in Victorian country leagues this year? Eg the six men in each zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back