SFL - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been living here in Bendigo for much of the season
Yeah, knew he was outta town, didn't know where but that explains things...
Great GF between Ouyen and Irymple today, these 2 clubs know how to put on a spectical of the highest calibre... Really shoulda been a draw and come back next week and do it all again... Ouyen seem to bring out the best in Irymple, the match ups were awesome, bit of fury at times, the best team of 2019 won on the day, Swallows had chances to steal it though... How good were the Nick Mee and Brad Vallence goals....

It would be interesting to see what it cost both sides to put their respective reams on the field yesterday.

I don’t know what the cap is but you avoid problems with the cap by only having your stars play selected games.

Yeah, knew he was outta town, didn't know where but that explains things...
Great GF between Ouyen and Irymple today, these 2 clubs know how to put on a spectical of the highest calibre... Really shoulda been a draw and come back next week and do it all again... Ouyen seem to bring out the best in Irymple, the match ups were awesome, bit of fury at times, the best team of 2019 won on the day, Swallows had chances to steal it though... How good were the Nick Mee and Brad Vallence goals....
Staunton on coghlan would have to have been the match up of the season though right?
Coghlan was in everything's in that prelim, but wasn't as influential on Saturday.

Staunton on coghlan would have to have been the match up of the season though right?
Coghlan was in everything's in that prelim, but wasn't as influential on Saturday.
Yep, the fact Coghlan didn’t kick his average goal or two was pivotal to Ouyen winning, Staunton did a great job on a great player. Ouyen got that matchup/tag spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somewhere between 80 and 120 thousand??????

If it’s only 80-120k then they are clearly over that! What is the SFNL, doing about it?

If they aren’t dropping a minimum of 20k a week I’ll drink West End.

If it’s only 80-120k then they are clearly over that! What is the SFNL, doing about it?

If they aren’t dropping a minimum of 20k a week I’ll drink West End.

That amount was a guess. Anyone able to get closer to the mark. I know clubs get a different cap depending on there circumstances.

That amount was a guess. Anyone able to get closer to the mark. I know clubs get a different cap depending on there circumstances.
I think this information should be made public by the League. I would imagine it is in their best interest to keep it confidential however.

This league will soon become farcical similar to the Wimmera football league where the Horsham Demons have won 13 of the last 16 grand finals.

I think this information should be made public by the League. I would imagine it is in their best interest to keep it confidential however.

This league will soon become farcical similar to the Wimmera football league where the Horsham Demons have won 13 of the last 16 grand finals.
Nothing to do with the league - points and salary cap are determined and set by the AFL Sunraysia Commission.

Nothing to do with the league - points and salary cap are determined and set by the AFL Sunraysia Commission.
Ok in that case if the league don’t refer it to the commission they get away with it forever?
Your saying the league would have no idea what the cap is?

Ok in that case if the league don’t refer it to the commission they get away with it forever?
Your saying the league would have no idea what the cap is?
Of coarse the league knows what the caps are.
Greenwithenvy is spot on, points and cap determined and set by the AFL commission. Works off who played in the granny and ladder positions.
This was 2018 salary cap & points;
Ouyen $140k 38p, Robinvale $140k 40p, Reddy $130k 40p, Wenty $130k 42p, Merbein $130k 40p, Irymple $120k 36p, South $120k 40p, Imps $120k 40p, Mildura $120k 37p
Id be surprised if Ouyen were over as they seemed to manage there fly ins who didn't play ever game.
2018 is done & dusted. Moving on plenty of rumours going around for 2019.
Interesting article in the SD today with Hards. Clearly still wants to coach so where will he end up?
Warmington, McKay & L.Mcglashan possibly not returning to Reddy. All key players
Hancock huge pickup for Wenty and brining a few mates from NEAFL so they will be the big improvers if true.
Caldwell massive pick up as well for Irymple and with there current list id expect them to be top two at the business end again
Ouyen potentially lose a few
Anyone got anything else?

Of coarse the league knows what the caps are.
Greenwithenvy is spot on, points and cap determined and set by the AFL commission. Works off who played in the granny and ladder positions.
This was 2018 salary cap & points;
Ouyen $140k 38p, Robinvale $140k 40p, Reddy $130k 40p, Wenty $130k 42p, Merbein $130k 40p, Irymple $120k 36p, South $120k 40p, Imps $120k 40p, Mildura $120k 37p
Id be surprised if Ouyen were over as they seemed to manage there fly ins who didn't play ever game.
2018 is done & dusted. Moving on plenty of rumours going around for 2019.
Interesting article in the SD today with Hards. Clearly still wants to coach so where will he end up?
Warmington, McKay & L.Mcglashan possibly not returning to Reddy. All key players
Hancock huge pickup for Wenty and brining a few mates from NEAFL so they will be the big improvers if true.
Caldwell massive pick up as well for Irymple and with there current list id expect them to be top two at the business end again
Ouyen potentially lose a few
Anyone got anything else?
Thanks for the info Bomber.
I still doubt when with good management Ouyen were able to average under $7800 a game over 18 games of football. But good on them anyway I guess.
Yes big news about Hards in the paper today, very surprising to read actually.
I’m far from and Imps fan, but have plenty of respect for the club and the way they go about being competitive and successful most years.

Hards to RC ???
That would be hard for the faithful in the Green Room to stomach.
I reckon he’ll stay at imps.
if they don’t pay him it will simply be spent somewhere else and it’s better to get a reliable product.
Plus they may also lose Colby in the wash up.

I had forgotten about the November window for clearances.
Only two in so far Warwick Brady to Tooleybuc Manang.and a young kid Caleb Ernst to Wenty.
I reckon Irymple wouldn’t be to pleased with that I hear he showed some promise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back