SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a few sides have a fair few injury concerns going into the finals... Not the least US!! But the whispers are that Dingley & EB's have a couple too.

Seems a few sides have a fair few injury concerns going into the finals... Not the least US!! But the whispers are that Dingley & EB's have a couple too.
Heard the same. Besides Bruno St.Pauls will go in with the healthiest list
From what I can gather this is how the other sides are travelling
E.Bri Their ruckman Skehan dislocated his shoulder last week and is gone for the year. Add onto that they've also lost their CHF ( Mahoney ) and Jansen their CHF both for the year and finished with no bench last week including Francis,Larsen & Douthie.
Dingley Morwood broken leg, Stock gone o/s,Frost an injury to his neck and Walmsley will be a target if he returns from his shoulder injury
Chelsea Downie dusted with a another shoulder, Roberts with a busted hand. They I believe getting Smith & Terch back for the finals

Heard the same. Besides Bruno St.Pauls will go in with the healthiest list
From what I can gather this is how the other sides are travelling
E.Bri Their ruckman Skehan dislocated his shoulder last week and is gone for the year. Add onto that they've also lost their CHF ( Mahoney ) and Jansen their CHF both for the year and finished with no bench last week including Francis,Larsen & Douthie.
Dingley Morwood broken leg, Stock gone o/s,Frost an injury to his neck and Walmsley will be a target if he returns from his shoulder injury
Chelsea Downie dusted with a another shoulder, Roberts with a busted hand. They I believe getting Smith & Terch back for the finals
Moorwood has a bruised shin. Should be o.k for first final. Frost will play this week. Walmsley and Brett Lavars should be ok for the 2nd final should we get there.

Tips for the week:

East Brighton vs Dingley - 3 goals

East Brightons experience will come to the fore here with seasoned campaigners e.g. Jameison, Larsen, Hope all showing the way.

Won't be a pushover as Dingley are the most improved side and if their youngsters play without fear and run the football in the wide spaces of Springvale they will give it a nudge.

Chelsea Heights vs St Kilda City - 2 goals

Chelsea Heights will go in as favourites but something tells me City are going to be right in this game.

EB's by 8

Heights by 5
Yep I agree CH by roughly 5 but EB v Dingly a lot closer than 8.
Mail is Terech & Smith back this week. Bar Downie & Roberts, CH almost full strength on paper anyway.
St.K missing Stinear but get back Hislop. McConchie must be close to a return

EB already without Mahoney,Skehan & Jansen for the season plus were missing a host of stars last week. Hopefully for their sake they are all back this week.Saying that I noticed a Jansen played and got named in EB 2s best last week. Not sure if that is the gun Jansen as I couldn't see EB playing him in the 2s.
Dingoes- Stock left for travel. Walmsley ( shoulder ) and Boyle may return but no 12 could have some suspect ribs. Morwood should also be back from his broken leg. lol.

Tips for the week:

East Brighton vs Dingley - 3 goals

East Brightons experience will come to the fore here with seasoned campaigners e.g. Jameison, Larsen, Hope all showing the way.

Won't be a pushover as Dingley are the most improved side and if their youngsters play without fear and run the football in the wide spaces of Springvale they will give it a nudge.

Chelsea Heights vs St Kilda City - 2 goals

Chelsea Heights will go in as favourites but something tells me City are going to be right in this game.[/quote

Dingley by 15 points.
Chelsea Heights by 35 points.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fricken hell... Down by 5 points with 21 seconds to go in the 2nd half of OT, then a Manders snap..Goal... Great win, and ballsy to come back.. But 3 goals 9 in the 1st 1/4 was always going to hurt us.

Anyways, got some finals experience into half a dozen U19's which was invaluable.

Fricken hell... Down by 5 points with 21 seconds to go in the 2nd half of OT, then a Manders snap..Goal... Great win, and ballsy to come back.. But 3 goals 9 in the 1st 1/4 was always going to hurt us.

Anyways, got some finals experience into half a dozen U19's which was invaluable.

Sounds like a great win in the end. I had a feeling City were going to give it a good shake and they sure did.

East Brighton easily over Dingley, as expected their experience came to the fore, with Dingley rushing their decisions and coughing the ball up.

East Brighton's intensity was exactly what's required for finals football.

Sounds like a great win in the end. I had a feeling City were going to give it a good shake and they sure did.

East Brighton easily over Dingley, as expected their experience came to the fore, with Dingley rushing their decisions and coughing the ball up.

East Brighton's intensity was exactly what's required for finals football.

Spot On, The Dingoes started ok but the signs were there early that EB were harder at it. Good wake up call and expect to see a far better prepared outfit this week. East were just too good on the day.
Douthie gives the impression that he is pretty happy with himself but geez he cut us to bits and he was terrific all day. Would love another crack at EB in a couple of weeks and can only hope that #6 is playing.

Heard #6 did something pretty average......

Is the bloke that went to hospital OK?

He will be ok. Pretty average is a gross understatement.

3 Umpires on the ground and this happened right in the middle of the 3 of them. This bloke should not be playing but he has to live with himself. He must find it hard to walk past a tree!

This is where the Ammos have it right. The club has the right to lodge a complaint and the matter will be heard. I saw a guy get king hit once in the ammos and not one umpire saw it. The offending player still got 9 weeks.How can 3 field, 2 boundary and 2 goal umpires miss it? Don't they watch the game? Or are they so self absorbed with their umpire antics that they infuriate everyone with.

This is where the Ammos have it right. The club has the right to lodge a complaint and the matter will be heard. I saw a guy get king hit once in the ammos and not one umpire saw it. The offending player still got 9 weeks.How can 3 field, 2 boundary and 2 goal umpires miss it? Don't they watch the game? Or are they so self absorbed with their umpire antics that they infuriate everyone with.

I'm pretty sure that each SFL club has the right to lodge an umpires report. Then from there the league investigates it.

East Malvern lodged a complaint vs St Pauls, but the matter was quickly resolved with St Pauls showing the SFL the footage and the player in question was cleared.

We should try and organise a saturday night match this week for us v you Mahalo.... Pain in the arse going both days! :D
Your not wrong. Dingley vs Chelsea Heights in the Reserves on Saturday and then the Seniors clash on Sunday. St Pauls Seniors play on Saturday with their Reserves on Sunday. Would have made great sense to switch it around to be all playing on the same day. I guess the league just wants the coin from both days because from what I saw on Saturday East Brighton were lucky to have 50 supporters.

Moody Blue every SFL has the rigt to lodge a complaint and if your club recekons they have been harshly dealt with by number 6 then have the guts to report it to the league. The SFL like all comps will establish if the complaint is valid and if so send an investigator to ask some questions then if the investigator finds the player has a case to answer then he gets sent to tribunal. The VAFA are not as clever as they want you to believe I supply to vafa clubs sfl clubs and peninsula clubs and from what I see the SFL runs rings around the VAFA in terms of Admin. In The VAFA they have just found out today where the finals are being played this week, the SFL had that sorted months ago!!! Just a small example of Cannizio and his team keeping up the good work that Holsworth and Barnes started..

Spot On, The Dingoes started ok but the signs were there early that EB were harder at it. Good wake up call and expect to see a far better prepared outfit this week. East were just too good on the day.
Douthie gives the impression that he is pretty happy with himself but geez he cut us to bits and he was terrific all day. Would love another crack at EB in a couple of weeks and can only hope that #6 is playing.

I did enjoy your full back running 20m to clean up Francis behind play, although some would argue a hip and shoulder into the back of a player that wasn't anywhere near the play, and not to mention wasn't looking would also be considered a poor act.

Could have done serious back/spinal injury.

Will be very interesting if Dingley and East Brighton meet again this finals campaign, and i for one will be happy to pay the $12 entry to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back