SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Chelsea v Carrum is indeed the traditional rivalry... One of the reasons why, is probably because that we've never play them. Let me tell you right now... There is ZERO love lost between us 2 clubs that are separated by only a baseball diamond and a kids playground. Would be a good earn for whoever's home game it was I'd imagine. Id welcome them in... Not sure what Puppet would say, although if there's cash to be made, I'd suggest he'd be all for it.

Not sure how they'd be allowed to come straight into 1st Div though.

Would be great to have more rivalries.

St Pauls vs Bentleigh could be on the cards for season 2014, should they take home the chocolates.

Thoughts Fish?

Would be great to have more rivalries.

St Pauls vs Bentleigh could be on the cards for season 2014, should they take home the chocolates.

Thoughts Fish?

Although this potential derby would be great for bar sales & the Bentleigh area in general, I think we're just concentrating on winning this week just to get into the Div 2 Grand Final. We'll reassess things from there ;)

On a side note St Pauls haven't beaten Bentleigh since 1996 ;) :p ........praccy matches don't count :)

I know of a few cases where behind the play incidents have been reported to the league, investigated & prosecuted both by the SFL and subsequently the Police.

And this statement "They want to get to the truth not run around for a month trying to find out what happened." makes no sense. You investigate for as long as it takes.

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested because they are all afraid of being called a dibby dobber.
Exec not interested because it is too hard. Just get on and sell more beers and let the king hits go on.
I was speaking to a mate who is involved with a local soccer club. With all of the Essendon saga, applications for places with local soccer clubs in the Under 9 & upwards has sky rocketed for next season and some of these clubs are running around desperate for grounds.Be careful lads as the councils will pounce on any perceived vacant ground or weak club and get soccer goals up in a heart beat or be forced to share i.e footy on a Saturday soccer on a sunday and joint rooms. Go Dingoes.

I was at the game on Saturday between EB and Dingley. All this trash being spoken about a king hit is a joke. As an SFL supporter I saw the incident first hand and to the guys going around saying it was a king hit you seriously need to have a good hard look at yourselves. The incidence involving no 6 and the dinley player (walmsley) was only a tackle. a hard tackle at that but a 'king hit'... come on!! you dingley supporters need to seriously get a grip. just before this incidence I also witnessed walmsley plant two punches on his opponents chin on the wing all because he couldn't get a kick, some would say karma got him in the end...In all honesty no body wants to see a player get concussed in a game of football, but when it comes from a tackle when the ball is right there, thats just footy fellas.

Although this potential derby would be great for bar sales & the Bentleigh area in general, I think we're just concentrating on winning this week just to get into the Div 2 Grand Final. We'll reassess things from there ;)

On a side note St Pauls haven't beaten Bentleigh since 1996 ;) :p ........praccy matches don't count :)

What was the 2013 praccy match scoreline? 100+ point drubbing :p

I was at the game on Saturday between EB and Dingley. All this trash being spoken about a king hit is a joke. As an SFL supporter I saw the incident first hand and to the guys going around saying it was a king hit you seriously need to have a good hard look at yourselves. The incidence involving no 6 and the dinley player (walmsley) was only a tackle. a hard tackle at that but a 'king hit'... come on!! you dingley supporters need to seriously get a grip. just before this incidence I also witnessed walmsley plant two punches on his opponents chin on the wing all because he couldn't get a kick, some would say karma got him in the end...In all honesty no body wants to see a player get concussed in a game of football, but when it comes from a tackle when the ball is right there, thats just footy fellas.

First post, welcome.

Are you seriously suggesting that reporting a player to the League who has allegedly hit someone behind play takes guts? Are you deranged? And yes the Ammos do it better and quicker than most competitions.
They want to get to the truth not run around for a month trying to find out what happened.

I am not affiliated with any particular club and enjoy going around and watching local games of SFL Footy in Div 1 & Div 2. What I can tell you is that I have seen far too many behind the play incidents where cowards get away with the king hit; and clubs for reasons only known to themselves invoke the old chest nut what happens on the field stays on the field. Well I strongly disagree. People who conduct themselves in this manner are DOGS and they should be suspended.

One day a player will be king hit by a coward, and that player will suffer serious trauma or will die on the field. Only when this happens will the penny drop for clubs and administrators.

You would think that with so many officials at the Finals someone would have seen something.The SFL should advertise for volunteers who will commit to watch games and report any unsavoury incidents. Every player will know that if the umpires miss it then it is very likely that an honory official will have picked up the incident and make a report which will be heard by tribunal.

It might dissuade some of these dogs.

Are you sure

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested because they are all afraid of being called a dibby dobber.
Exec not interested because it is too hard. Just get on and sell more beers and let the king hits go on.
I was speaking to a mate who is involved with a local soccer club. With all of the Essendon saga, applications for places with local soccer clubs in the Under 9 & upwards has sky rocketed for next season and some of these clubs are running around desperate for grounds.Be careful lads as the councils will pounce on any perceived vacant ground or weak club and get soccer goals up in a heart beat or be forced to share i.e footy on a Saturday soccer on a sunday and joint rooms. Go Dingoes.[/quote]

I thought so

Who said King Hit?

Right you are Gotcha. The only thing holding back soccer is grounds. Mind you the registrations as Auskick are still superior to soccer at that age according to Sport and Rec figures. But you are spot on we all need to be very vigilant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the Dingoes were on there knees in 2006 and look at them now!! well done to Leigh and his guys. Hopefully they will put on a good show this week.

Good effort by city on the weekend beaten by a point by a team with a much larger budget
Also great to see them make finals as all those great football brains that get on bigfooty predicted them to be in third division by now :)

Have you not read moody blues posts.
How is CH looking this week. Ran into terech last Sun at the footy and he looks in better condition than before his hols.

I heard the bloke was cleaned up by 6...then 6 dumped him AFTER he saw he was hurt as well. Nothing about a king hit. Anyways.. Thats last week. Moving on.

You'd think after T-Rex's form on the weekend that he'd come in for the injured Greenway. Aside from that, I guess we'll wait and see what happens at selection.

That. Is. Hilarious.

Ironic.

Amazing.

And a few other superlatives I'll leave out.
You aren't still bitter on the back to back especially 2010 when you finished on top and were favourites
come on let it go Chelsea choke when it counts it must be disappointing but not city's fault

Anyways, it's 5 past Douche O'Clock, so we should move on..

Who are people tipping this week?

St. Pauls v EB's... Should be a belter. EB's are up and about at the moment, but I still think St. Pauls will get up by a couple goals.

And Chelsea Heights v Dingley should be good as well.. Of course I'll pick us, maybe by 3 goals.

Yep should be a cracker St.Pauls V E.B but I have a feeling James could turn it on and help the doggies to a comfortable 6 goal win. EB need Williamson back and firing as I cant see EB matching St.Pauls midfield without him. EB say he will play but I have my doubts.
I'm also tipping Chelsea to get over Dingley by 4 goals and set up an epic prelim next week. Dingley will try and get CH on the outside whereas CH will want to keep it in close. Unfortunately for Dingley I think CH contested footy will win over the outside run of Dingley.
If as most of think St.Pauls get over EB tomorrow, they would be unbackable to win the flag as an EB v CH prelim would be brutal as both sides love it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back