SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy $500 rhino?

luke james is by far the best player in the comp and was freakish again saturday, he could be one of the best this comp has seen, i have to say the 3 finals ive seen have been unbelievably close and of a top standard, with the dingoes grinding out a 17 point win today against a gallant cheights team who lead at 3 qyarter time, makes for big prelim next week, against the doggies who went down in the upset of the year to the vampires on saturday. Both clubs have big decisions to make with players coming back from month long injuries etc its sudden death and we will find out sunday arvo who made the right choices, with my team out last week good luck to all the teams left after witnessing the battles so far all teams deserve there spots

L. James definitely the most exciting player to play in this comp. I thought he was gonna win the game on his own on Sat kicking 5 of their first 6 goals.St.Pauls should have led by more at half time,especially with EB playing a player short due to a send off in the first quarter, but full credit to EB who just hung in there and were relentless in their quest for victory.
CH came out of the blocks yesterday and looked like they were gonna wipe Dingley. Again full credit to Dingley who came from behind on a couple of occasions, absorbed some physical punishment and ran away with a good victory against a quality side, who on their day are capable of beating anyone
My tip for the flag is still St.Pauls, but what would I know since I tipped 0/2 on the weekend
Congrats to big Phil Smith who announced his retirement after the game yesterday. He has being an awesome presence on the field with his size and one of the best big ruckman/power forward who has played in this comp over the last 10 years.Bad luck to T. Johnstone who snapped his Achilles yesterday and would have to be doubtful to play footy again.

It was pretty obvios early that it might be Big Show's last game on Saturday. Definitely throwing his weight and arms around early. Still one of the best players in the comp if he could get himself half fit. The last 3 times we have seen him he had added 5kg each time, would hate to see him after 12 months of retirement.
On a separate note well done to the SFL on promoting female umpires, but FFS not in Divvy 1 Finals. The young girl they are promoting tries hard but if she is in the best 5 or 6 umpires in this comp then the league is stuffed.

It was pretty obvios early that it might be Big Show's last game on Saturday. Definitely throwing his weight and arms around early. Still one of the best players in the comp if he could get himself half fit. The last 3 times we have seen him he had added 5kg each time, would hate to see him after 12 months of retirement.
On a separate note well done to the SFL on promoting female umpires, but FFS not in Divvy 1 Finals. The young girl they are promoting tries hard but if she is in the best 5 or 6 umpires in this comp then the league is stuffed.
Don't like bagging umpires but thought they were average on Sat and horrible Sunday. Sundays were a couple of kids and a young girl who all looked intimidated.

Agreed! Didn't cost anyone the game, but the umps looked mighty intimidated at stages.

All credit to Dingley. Never threw in the towel, and just had too many runners in the last. TJ snapping his achilles which saw Dingley getting the ball down the other end as opposed to him kicking for goal, was a big moment in the game, and we had a few very sore boys after the game who had nothing left to give. As I'm sure Dingley would've.

St.P's "should" get up this week. But who knows. I've given up tipping in these finals! (Both SL & AFL) :D

Top win by The Vampires to beat St Pauls and also a very good win to the Dingoes as I didn't think they could beat Chelsea
Has Chelsea missed their window to win a flag ????
Looking forward to whoever we play in two weeks, But I'm tipping St Pauls and hoping we can go back to back

Just read in the Monash Leader that Ryan Flack has been appointed coach of Glen Waverley Hawks. Massive loss for the Heighters.

Massive loss for the club.... But it would be incredibly selfish to keep him in the role he's in now. Flacky's a ripper coach, and the Hawks are extremely lucky to have landed him. Will go with nothing but the best wishes from the club where's he's a life member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to send in Luke James's hanger to the footy show. Best i've seen.

Got a run last night and was pipped by an umpire that couldn't throw the ball up straight..........was still great to see on the big TV.

Big game this weekend in seniors and reserves:

Seniors: St Pauls vs Dingley - Obviously a wake up call for St Pauls, need to turn things around this week against a Dingley team who has started to believe in their ability. A few big ins for St Pauls most likely however Dingley won't go away (as they showed last week after Chelsea Heights strong start) so should be a great Preliminary final. ST PAULS 18 points

Reserves: St Pauls vs Dingley - Dingley went through the season undefeated, they now stare down the barrel at being knocked out in straight sets. St Pauls COLTS being knocked out the previous week will help strengthen their line up but i expect Dingley to bounce back after getting a fright and move onto the big dance. DINGLEY 12 points

Ironically the winning video was sent in by a B. Robinson from East Bentleigh.

Not sure why East Brighton have changed their name to Clayton though? :p
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/?videoid=2666375423001
I thought the mark looked much better live.\
St.Pauls you would think would win as many, including me and some of their own, were tipping to go through the year unbeaten. If its tight they could choke as Dingley can play their natural game with nothing to lose wheras St.Pauls would be shamed to go out in straight sets. Last 2 games have being tight, but James hasn't played against Dingley yet and not sure they have, or anyone has, someone to stop him. Bruno & Carmody back for St.Pauls, whilst Walmsley should be back for Dingley, but im sure his shoulder will be given a good working over.Dingley may have to structure up differently up front without Ball, and not kick it straight to Marasco like EB did last week.
Love to see a tight game like the last couple of finals, but im tipping a comfortable win to the boys from East Bentleigh.

So there we have it, a replay of the 2011 grand final East Brighton vs St Pauls.

Reserves see Chelsea Heights vs St Pauls which should be cracking contest also with St Pauls having a much improved side since they last met with the better of the Colts now available and a full list to choose from.

Looking forward to next week should be a ripper day.

Not
So there we have it, a replay of the 2011 grand final East Brighton vs St Pauls.

It will be a nervous week for Matt O'Rourke (East Brighton) and Trent McIntyre (St Pauls) who face the tribunal for striking charges. Never like to see anyone get rubbed out and miss a grand final so hopefully it falls their way on the night.

Reserves see Chelsea Heights vs St Pauls which should be cracking contest also with St Pauls having a much improved side since they last met with the better of the Colts now available and a full list to choose from.

Looking forward to next week should be a ripper day.
Not really a nervous wait for Trent McIntyre. If you break someones nose with a fist in front of the umpire you pretty much know your fate. Dingoes made a game of it but ran out of players. Finished with no bench and boys cramping all over the place. Well done to St Pauls. Should be a ripping Granny, couldn't pick a winner.

Not
Not really a nervous wait for Trent McIntyre. If you break someones nose with a fist in front of the umpire you pretty much know your fate. Dingoes made a game of it but ran out of players. Finished with no bench and boys cramping all over the place. Well done to St Pauls. Should be a ripping Granny, couldn't pick a winner.

From what I was told the Dingley lad was hit in the chest?

Dingoes made a game of it, they never gave up.

We've learned not to get too far ahead of ourselves on GF day that's for sure... Might be the 7th or 8th crack at a reserves flag since 2000.

Anyways, can only have a crack and see how we go.

Yep you can be top of the ladder at the end of the season but once finals start it all means nothing. Didn't Chelsea Heights win a reserves flag around 2010?

St Pauls 2009
??????? 2010
Dingley 2011
St Pauls 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back