SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although there's probably a list of clubs a mile long including Beaumaris & Old Haileybury, rumours coming out of social media are that Cheltenham are in the box seat to sign Stephen Milne.

Personal opinions of the bloke aside, it would be massive for the SFL if he was running around in a Rosellas jumper next year with crowds bulding at the seams to watch him play.

Obviously nothing is finalised 100% in October, but can you shed any light superfreak? I'm pretty sure he lives locally

He lives in Chelt correct. His son plays at the Panthers. Other than that, I've got nothing else to add. ;)

I know Milney quite well. He is definately playing footy next year, and I can 100% say that there is not a snowflakes chance in hell that he will play for Cheltenham Rosellas.

He lives in Chelt correct. His son plays at the Panthers. Other than that, I've got nothing else to add. ;)

I know Milney quite well. He is definately playing footy next year, and I can 100% say that there is not a snowflakes chance in hell that he will play for Cheltenham Rosellas.

So give us the inside scoop BFC10, you being close mates & all. Well I guess you do have a 50% chance of being 100% right though. We'll just have to watch this space I reckon

So give us the inside scoop BFC10, you being close mates & all. Well I guess you do have a 50% chance of being 100% right though. We'll just have to watch this space I reckon

Seems this thread is dying, will get 2014 one started.

So to round it out:

• St Pauls won seniors & reserves,
  • League b&f is tonight........my guess is Williamson will take it home
  • Luke James won the goalkicking after kicked 16 goals in the last round to leapfrog Graham from Chelt
  • Dingley lived up to most improved making the prelim and giving St Pauls a big scare
  • Highett will be going down to Division 2 in exchange for Bentleigh

Well it was a top year with Dingley the big improvers, Luke James showing his class and The Vampires making their third GF in a row
Dean Williamson is my tip in the B&F as he has a great year and is all class on the park and off it

Chelsea Heights Have they missed their chance and will need to recruit well to be up there again
Cheltenham Always a few players off the top group
Clayton Don't like the way they play at all, and need to change their ways to have any chance of being a top team. Just ask the captain why he walked out ?
Dingley Only a few players off being a force
East Brighton A great year with all the injuries we had, and we still nearly won it
East Malvern . A long way off it and need to go out and spend some money on players
Heatherton They have the money (so they say ) but need about 10- 14 players
Highett. Tried hard but were always against it and is the best team to go back to Div 2
St Kilda City Did better than I thought but were still not near the top clubs
St Pauls What can you stay as they went out and got 3-4 stars on top of a good list and won the big one. Well done

Although there's probably a list of clubs a mile long including Beaumaris & Old Haileybury, rumours coming out of social media are that Cheltenham are in the box seat to sign Stephen Milne.

Personal opinions of the bloke aside, it would be massive for the SFL if he was running around in a Rosellas jumper next year with crowds bulding at the seams to watch him play.

Obviously nothing is finalised 100% in October, but can you shed any light superfreak? I'm pretty sure he lives locally
Milney gonna play for Bendigo. 55k got the deal done. OH were close to getting him.

Well done to Williamson,Wilson and Arvanitis on a three way tie for the League Medal.

Great effort.

It was an exciting count with Arvanitis a chance to snatch it with a 3 in the last round, i'm glad he got 2 however and tied it with both Willo's.

All have been great players for the SFL and very deserving.

Well it was a top year with Dingley the big improvers, Luke James showing his class and The Vampires making their third GF in a row
Dean Williamson is my tip in the B&F as he has a great year and is all class on the park and off it

Chelsea Heights Have they missed their chance and will need to recruit well to be up there again
Cheltenham Always a few players off the top group
Clayton Don't like the way they play at all, and need to change their ways to have any chance of being a top team. Just ask the captain why he walked out ?
Dingley Only a few players off being a force
East Brighton A great year with all the injuries we had, and we still nearly won it
East Malvern . A long way off it and need to go out and spend some money on players
Heatherton They have the money (so they say ) but need about 10- 14 players
Highett. Tried hard but were always against it and is the best team to go back to Div 2
St Kilda City Did better than I thought but were still not near the top clubs
St Pauls What can you stay as they went out and got 3-4 stars on top of a good list and won the big one. Well done

Why would the League not be speaking to 2nd division clubs to see if any of them interested in coming up to Div 1? Heatherton survived but they are not up to it. They were beaten by 100+ points in five of their first six rounds. This is an opportunity to get them back into Div 2 so they can rebuild.

Why would the League not be speaking to 2nd division clubs to see if any of them interested in coming up to Div 1? Heatherton survived but they are not up to it. They were beaten by 100+ points in five of their first six rounds. This is an opportunity to get them back into Div 2 so they can rebuild.

I have a sneaking suspicion Heatherton will be much more competitive next year. One thing about Heatherton is you never can keep them down for long, they're a very resilient club. In a poor location & have had poor facilities (until next year), have been surrounded by division 1 teams Dingley, Clayton & Mordialloc* yet still survive. Nick Jewell not seeing out his coaching contract last year hurt the club, now that Clint Einsiedel is established, recruiting staff will be out hunting.

Just on division 2 clubs coming up it would a split decision I'd reckon within a club, obviously the league would speak to Mordialloc & Oakleigh Dist if they were heading down that path, but I'm not sure we would want to come up without winning a premiership (can't speak for everyone at our club though). Like to get Scotty_222 thoughts on this. Heard through a mate of a Mordi 2s player that he expressed concern with the coach about the senior side winning the premiership & being promoted to Div 1 in 2014. Needless to say Sam Anstey was perplexed by the comment.

i dare say we would like to win the premiership and not get gifted elevation into div 1.
like most i think it should be earnt.
i didnt think we were ready to go up to div 1 yet.
need a bit more depth to become competitive in div 1 and not a side that gets flogged week in week out.
i think bentleigh more that deserve it with their 1s, 2s and unders all making the grand final.

i dare say we would like to win the premiership and not get gifted elevation into div 1.
like most i think it should be earnt.
i didnt think we were ready to go up to div 1 yet.
need a bit more depth to become competitive in div 1 and not a side that gets flogged week in week out.
i think bentleigh more that deserve it with their 1s, 2s and unders all making the grand final.

Granted its a massive step, which we are just finding out & will discover more in weeks to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back