SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but if he is and someone finds him, can you get him to fix the away rooms showers at East Brighton. A trickle of cold water is not flipping good enough.
Haven't heard much out of east Brighton one flag and one runners up(when odds on favs) might be a short stay at the top

Haven't heard much out of east Brighton one flag and one runners up(when odds on favs) might be a short stay at the top
Douthie and Francis are big outs but there is nothing in their reserves that can step up. Full strength they are a still a threat but outside their best 20 players they will struggle. Injuries will decide where they finish.

This coming from a team that hasn't beaten East Brighton for over 3 years LOL
We will be playing finals :) and as they say anything can happen then, but I'm not sure you will be fool, and a question for you why do you call yourself TheKoach when you know nothing about football anyway :) So get back to hiding behind your keyboard LOL

Not sure but if he is and someone finds him, can you get him to fix the away rooms showers at East Brighton. A trickle of cold water is not flipping good enough.
Yes not a great set up, but you have to leave them running for a while and as you know they start working. But if you don't like it please send a compliant to the BSCC

So after a third of the season what does everyone think about the season so far
St Pauls Fav to win the flag and will be hard to beat

Dingley, Have improved from last year
Chelsea H, have had a lot of players missing and are still up there
EBFC, watch for a big improvement in the second half of the year
Chelt,Have done well with all the players they have lost
Clayton, Can be a bit hot and cold but are still in it and are better than last year

St Kilda City haven't been a good team since I have been watching SFL and yesteryear they might have been ok but those years are long gone now, plus they have the smallest supporter base in the SFL so I can't see them coming back this year or anytime soon :)

East M ,Highett will stay in 1st Div enough said
Heatherton will be going back to D 2 someone has too

Douthie and Francis are big outs but there is nothing in their reserves that can step up. Full strength they are a still a threat but outside their best 20 players they will struggle. Injuries will decide where they finish.

I went and watched E.Bri on Sat, and they do look a far different side from last year. Speaking to some of their supportors, they say they are missing up to 8 senior players on the weekend, and due to their lack of depth, compared to the better teams in the comp cant cope with injuries. I think Jansen is their biggest loss and he will make a massive difference once he is back.
I don't want to rain on Dingley's parade, but I wasn't overly impressed with them either. In fact, I could see St.Kilda City beating them at the peanut farm
My early GF tip to play St.Pauls would be Chelsea unless E.Bri can get close to their full side out on the park which may not happen this year.

I went and watched E.Bri on Sat, and they do look a far different side from last year. Speaking to some of their supportors, they say they are missing up to 8 senior players on the weekend, and due to their lack of depth, compared to the better teams in the comp cant cope with injuries. I think Jansen is their biggest loss and he will make a massive difference once he is back.
I don't want to rain on Dingley's parade, but I wasn't overly impressed with them either. In fact, I could see St.Kilda City beating them at the peanut farm
My early GF tip to play St.Pauls would be Chelsea unless E.Bri can get close to their full side out on the park which may not happen this year.

Have to agree. Hard to be impressed with Dingley! Down, just, at half time and smash last years premiers away from home to remain undefeated. all of this without a few of our better players as well.

Lets also not forget that at least 17 of the team that turned out for the Dingoes have come through the Dingoes Juniors. The other clubs that think that the biggest cheque books is the answer should think again or they will be playing Div 2 quicker than they can say "Hurlington Park".

I'm hearing the issue of depth talked around SFL circles quite a bit lately, especially regarding Division 1. It seems that only a few clubs can afford to pay big financial incentives (ie. money, jobs, work-based contracts) to players as well as having a long list of depth. The common demoninator is the clubs that have a strong junior structure or feeder team. St Pauls & Dingley are testimony to this.

Without juniors coming through, it really is a double edged sword. Either pay good money to your top 6-8 players to stay up with the top few sides, but at the same time risk your fringe players going elsewhere to play senior footy, & in turn decrease the depth at your club.

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising any club, as Division 1 clubs are there because they're good enough & can afford to be. I know that East Brighton was very close to running a colts team this year so they are planning for the future to counter act any depth issues. I guess the moral to the story is to have a good relationship with a junior club/feeder team

Have to agree. Hard to be impressed with Dingley! Down, just, at half time and smash last years premiers away from home to remain undefeated. all of this without a few of our better players as well.

Lets also not forget that at least 17 of the team that turned out for the Dingoes have come through the Dingoes Juniors. The other clubs that think that the biggest cheque books is the answer should think again or they will be playing Div 2 quicker than they can say "Hurlington Park".

Big game this week Mahalo!!! Looking foward to it.

Make sure you come say hi afterwards and we can have a beer.

This coming from a team that hasn't beaten East Brighton for over 3 years LOL
We will be playing finals :) and as they say anything can happen then, but I'm not sure you will be fool, and a question for you why do you call yourself TheKoach when you know nothing about football anyway :) So get back to hiding behind your keyboard LOL
Hahaha I thought you didn't read my posts
Hook line and sinker
Doesn't matter what anyone says you're still no 1 biggest dill on big footy in my book

I'm hearing the issue of depth talked around SFL circles quite a bit lately, especially regarding Division 1. It seems that only a few clubs can afford to pay big financial incentives (ie. money, jobs, work-based contracts) to players as well as having a long list of depth. The common demoninator is the clubs that have a strong junior structure or feeder team. St Pauls & Dingley are testimony to this.

Without juniors coming through, it really is a double edged sword. Either pay good money to your top 6-8 players to stay up with the top few sides, but at the same time risk your fringe players going elsewhere to play senior footy, & in turn decrease the depth at your club.

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising any club, as Division 1 clubs are there because they're good enough & can afford to be. I know that East Brighton was very close to running a colts team this year so they are planning for the future to counter act any depth issues. I guess the moral to the story is to have a good relationship with a junior club/feeder team

We've been blooding quite a few Colts, especially over the last couple of years. This week alone we had 8 players 21 or under, 3-4 of them are still eligible to play colts. Add to that 2-3 more U19's who have played senior games this year. It was the best thing we ever did was bring the colts back in 4 years ago.

We've been blooding quite a few Colts, especially over the last couple of years. This week alone we had 8 players 21 or under, 3-4 of them are still eligible to play colts. Add to that 2-3 more U19's who have played senior games this year. It was the best thing we ever did was bring the colts back in 4 years ago.

It will be the best thing your club will ever do. Quite a prospect is young Jackson Fry for the future as well, no doubt they'll be vultures from other clubs circling trying to lure him out of Beazley reserve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare me please. Your colts system? How many of those under 21 players that were Skye colts who were lured over by there former U18s coach and were offered decent money to make the move because CH colts program was ordinary at best. Even a recent CH player who has gone down the road and divisions talks of how bad this was on CH behalf. Don't go talking your junior program up or home grown players.

It will be the best thing your club will ever do. Quite a prospect is young Jackson Fry for the future as well, no doubt they'll be vultures from other clubs circling trying to lure him out of Beazley reserve

One player would be terrible. Try about 10. 2 under 18s captains, a league b&f winner, 3under 18s b&f winners to name a few. Money talks and bull dust walks.

Spare me please. Your colts system? How many of those under 21 players that were Skye colts who were lured over by there former U18s coach and were offered decent money to make the move because CH colts program was ordinary at best. Even a recent CH player who has gone down the road and divisions talks of how bad this was on CH behalf. Don't go talking your junior program up or home grown players.

Not sure Erish, Jacko, Cal Hall, Morrisey or Mark Stevens ever played at Skye... Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually didn't even include, Perryman, O'driscoll, Baldock or even Cantwell in those 8.

Nor did I ever say anything about a Colt's "system". Still a long way to go for us in that area, but we're getting there.

Maybe some of the boys wanted a chance to play at a strong 1st div club too ;) (start walkin champ)

Massive game this week between Dingley and St Pauls at the Den. Both Senior and Reserves teams undefeated after 6 rounds. I know we are generally hated on this site but we believe we are a massive chance. Mail is, James will miss another match through injury. St Pauls last 2 wins Chelt 5 goals and City 2 goals would suggest they have a couple of injuries or are maybe not the world beaters their reputation suggests. Should be a great game. Not trying to heap pressure on either side just trying to drum up some interest to cash in on a good crowd this week. :cool: Get down if you have nothing on.

Originally from Carrum? Possibly head back next season or stay at a strong Div.1 club?

Hate to rain on your opinion Fishman, and i agree with most of it but East Brighton have been trying to get colts for years now, they were even throwing offers out to MSJFL clubs U/17's to join them some years ago.
The problem is, East Brighton do not have a relationship with the junior club and never will if the current arrangement is in place, especially one particular power broker at the vampires.
How dumb is that, Vampire Juniors are one of the largest clubs in the comp, but because of some outdated opinions from both parties, nothing progresses.

Yes not a great set up, but you have to leave them running for a while and as you know they start working. But if you don't like it please send a compliant to the BSCC

You'd reckon with all the cash Hilly's putting in he'd fix the showers ???
Maybe he should talk to boys at the cricket club to share the costs, but at least when they need showers they can survive as its probably 35 deg outside.:p or is he holding off until the new rooms are built ???

Jacko is gaining a bit of hype, this lad is the talk of the town on 2 forum threads!

Tips this week
East Malvern vs East Brighton x 10 goals

Cheltenham x 5 goals vs Highett

Clayton x 9 goals vs Heatherton

St Kilda City vs Chelsea Heights x 6 goals

Dingley vs St Pauls x 4 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back