SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be very doubtful any bentleigh 19s will be make an impact at SFL level you might get a few but at that age kids normally give it away it is a massive difference between boys and men and if any of those 19s were any good they would already be playing seniors, especially when your 1st are sitting mid table. And the under 19 Standerd ain't that flash, if you are looking for some good young kids you would see them in the VAFA who have a great under 19 program. One thing SFL has always been known for its lack of young talent. I couldn't name you 10 kids under 21 who are going to be stars of the SFL or who have made there Mark the only one I can think of is Jay Bruno from St Kilda City was a star at a young age

Mitch & Tommy Backman were both Bentleigh under 19's both now senior premiership players at East Brighton.

I'm sure there's plenty others that will come up through the ranks and be half decent senior footballers

On a technicality, there's a whole heap of us that were ex. Bentleign u/19's at St Pauls including Ridgway, McIntyre, Smith, Dewar (now Black Rock) etc.

Would of thought there would be more than a couple of good colts that have an impact at senior level.
Few that come mind that have had impact that are still either able to play colts or only 1 year out are: Cal Cathcart ( injured this year but still v. Good), Tait Sabec, Erish U, Lochie Dobson & Joel Williams.
Then kids that are still under 21 that are at least above average, Jackson Peet, Jordy Peryman, Travis Baldock, young Lawford from Bentleigh (another injured this year) Moon from Heatherton, Cal Dodson - there is ten very good kids that play in the SFL without really thinking about it. My thought is Bentleigh would have at least 5 Colts good enough, I reckon they might like winning Colts flags a little to much

Would of thought there would be more than a couple of good colts that have an impact at senior level.
Few that come mind that have had impact that are still either able to play colts or only 1 year out are: Cal Cathcart ( injured this year but still v. Good), Tait Sabec, Erish U, Lochie Dobson & Joel Williams.
Then kids that are still under 21 that are at least above average, Jackson Peet, Jordy Peryman, Travis Baldock, young Lawford from Bentleigh (another injured this year) Moon from Heatherton, Cal Dodson - there is ten very good kids that play in the SFL without really thinking about it. My thought is Bentleigh would have at least 5 Colts good enough, I reckon they might like winning Colts flags a little to much

Toilet Brush thinks that all kids should go and they should be replaced by old tough guys. The future for the SFL would be, well.. no future!!

The Dingley Football Club is proud to announce the re-signing of ex Collingwood Football Club champion Shane Morwood again as head coach for 2015. His support coaches ex Fitzroy , Sydney Swans, Hawthorn Football Club champion Darren Kappler and Brad Collins are also again on board for the 2015 season.
Going into the 2014 finals with high hopes the club couldn't of asked for better news
Maybe we went too early on this. Hes had enough time but his game style just doesn't cut it in finals.

Perhaps you should wait until you are sober before posting.

Well done East Brighton, far too good for us yesterday.

Not a bad weekend for The Dingoes, with 2 flags, and a close 2nd for our U19's. Massive turnout from our supporters and 400 back at the club last night to celebrate what has been a terrific season.
And the good news continues.
Apparently Graham Palmer ( aka Francis ) says we had more facebook likes than anyone, we sell more meals on a Thurs night than anyone, and because of his little boys form in the finals, clubs that were interested in him have dropped off so he is gonna stay now. Also the man in the crowd is gonna do his weekly report again ( And like this year, only when we win )
We got all the important things nailed.

Toilet Brush thinks that all kids should go and they should be replaced by old tough guys. The future for the SFL would be, well.. no future!!
Tell me how many juniors from East Brighton played in the flag on weekend? I say less than 5 actually I couldn't even name you one, at the end of the day the clubs that have the cash are always going to end up on top, has been that way for years. For example When St Kilda City had there purple patch there coach did not have a clue what he was doing but he had $ that could attrack players. Money will always win

Tell me how many juniors from East Brighton played in the flag on weekend? I say less than 5 actually I couldn't even name you one, at the end of the day the clubs that have the cash are always going to end up on top, has been that way for years. For example When St Kilda City had there purple patch there coach did not have a clue what he was doing but he had $ that could attrack players. Money will always win

I can guarantee East Bri spent less on players this year than Dingley.
And a truckload less on coaches.

I had a quick look at this last week, some interesting stats...

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 29 goals (inc. bag of 10 vs Chelsea Heights) at an average of 2.9
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 55 goals at an average of 5.5

It was a similar tale in the Reserves with Feehan, but his boys got the job done...congrats to the Dingoes ressies!

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 33 goals at an average of 3.3
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 61 goals at an average of 6.1
Dean has kicked 1 goal in his last 3 Grand Finals. Enough said

Mate, one day you will realise what dribble you talk. Ask East Brighton in 2 years how important this year was when they haven't got Under 19's and field 16 players only in their 2's. They have got great talent in the 1's at the moment only if all players are fit. As you say when someone else offers them more cash they will be gone and they will have no one coming through to take up the slack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, one day you will realise what dribble you talk. Ask East Brighton in 2 years how important this year was when they haven't got Under 19's and field 16 players only in their 2's. They have got great talent in the 1's at the moment only if all players are fit. As you say when someone else offers them more cash they will be gone and they will have no one coming through to take up the slack.
Maybe ill ask you how your nearly whole history has gone. Last 11 years for us has being 6 grand final appearances for only 3 premierships to go with the 6 before that. Thing is, we're slightly disappointed with that, wheras you get to one, get embarrassingly belted, then congratulate yourselves. Your club is strong no doubt, but ill take our model for now thanks
As for players leaving for cash, most our players get better financial offers but stay. Our captain and others approached the club offering pay cuts so we could top up our list and they would get the ultimate glory. You offered Dean Williamson double what he gets with us, now he may not be as rich cos he stayed, but he has another premiership medal around his neck and he has personally told me how rapt he is he stayed loyal. Dean Francis left for more money. Ask him what he would prefer. ( No need really as he has proved it already )

Last edited:
How many have you kicked in the last 3 GF's mate? Amazingly, you still played him didn't you?

Ive played in 2 champ which is twice as many as any Dingley player has had the chance to.
Whats more amazing is you took him off our hands and paid him way more.
You also left him on Bowman which was not fair on him .
Maybe your over rated supercoach should have thrown him in the ruck as we think he has the potential to be one of the better ruckman in the comp.

Maybe ill ask you how your nearly whole history has gone. Last 11 years for us has being 6 grand final appearances for only 3 premierships to go with the 6 before that. Thing is, we're slightly disappointed with that, wheras you get to one, get embarrassingly belted, then congratulate yourselves. Your club is strong no doubt, but ill take our model for now thanks
As for players leaving for cash, most our players get better financial offers but stay. Our captain and others approached the club offering pay cuts so we could top up our list and they would get the ultimate glory. You offered Dean Williamson double what he gets with us, now he may not be as rich cos he stayed, but he has another premiership medal around his neck and he has personally told me how rapt he is he stayed loyal. Dean Francis left for more money. Ask him what he would prefer. ( No need really as he has proved it already )
Lets see how you go over next 10 years? I'm sure the model that Dingley has put in place is far better than the one East Brighton has for the future

I'm certain that Dingley have the support base and $$$ to be successful for many years to come, but don't discount how well EB & St Pauls have been.

I'm proud of my club in that we are the only current SFL team not to have played outside of Div 1, and over the last 10 years we've had a lot of success (3 flags and numerous prelims.....not to mention all those grand finals we lost in the early 00's!!!!!!).

Be happy for each club and let the competitiveness come out on the field, not in a football forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of topic ...... Superfreak what's going on at your club. Are we looking for new recruits already, Collins and Nichols, where are they at ? have you reappointed your coach for next year as yet or are you going to delve deep into your little black book. Any chance a coach with the initals of PH could return to the SFL.
The Dingoes will be out looking for a ruckman now - Morgan was at the game Sunday in a Dingley jumper, if I was a Dingley supporter I wouldn't be happy with that, left at the last minute for big $$, reckon he could of showed at bit of class and not worn his Dingley jumper. If he isn't returning all other SFL clubs better start speaking to their ruckman as we know they don't look outside our comp for players when recruiting, Dahl, Gilbert, Terech & Bolger will all be targets no doubt as they are the best ruckman.

Change of topic ...... Superfreak what's going on at your club. Are we looking for new recruits already, Collins and Nichols, where are they at ? have you reappointed your coach for next year as yet or are you going to delve deep into your little black book.

The club is always looking for new recruits and have been at it since mid-year. As for the other stuff re: Pat, Bert and the coach, I'm not sure where its at. Have stepped back from doing all that stuff and have left it up to others for the past 12 months.

We have our Club Champion Dinner tonight at Woodlands with over 220 in attendance. Maybe something will be mentioned then, but right now, I'm none the wiser.

Last edited:
Super who won the club champion award ? I assume Rohan won best first year, is he signed up for next year.
I assume China won the main award, did Collo take his lawn mower to woodlands and cut the greens ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back