SFL Division 3 - 2013

Who will take out the 2013 Divison 3 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 1

5 THINGS TO KNOW

1. Sandown are premiership favourites
Sandown’s 57 pt win away against last year top 5 finalist Ashwood, just shows they are prepared for a good year.

2. Mount Waverley are not a spent force
Despite being the only team to lose more players than gained (-1 diff.), with a 63 pt away win against recently relegated Black Rock, just shows the quality in players and coach that has been brought in, that Mount Waverley are far from a spent force.

3. New Kids on the Block… not so kids… could be a contender
With the arrival of Carrum-Patterson Lakes FC, extensive recruiting from MPNFL and Chelsea Heights, they have built a side littered with skill and experience.
Despite knocking off Hallam (who finished 2nd bottom last year) by 5 goals for their inaugural win, Hallam has 32 new players which should revitalise their list and rise up the ladder.

4. Doveton & Dandenong will be certain premiership threats
Doveton & Dandenong went on a strong recruitment drive over the preseason and vastly improved their lists. Their 1 pt margin shows both (barring any injuries or major disasters), should be strong premiership contenders this year.

5. Thankfully it’s only Round 1 for a some teams…
Like a lot of clubs, Endeavour Hills FC have gained as many players as they have lost.
But losing to Lyndale (2012 Div 3 Wooden Spooners) by 6 goals would be troubling for them. Lucky it is only Round 1 and they have the whole season ahead to fix the deficiencies in their side.

I welcome any comments or feedback. Peace.

4. Doveton & Dandenong will be certain premiership threats
Doveton & Dandenong went on a strong recruitment drive over the preseason and vastly improved their lists. Their 1 pt margin shows both (barring any injuries or major disasters), should be strong premiership contenders this year.

Either Dandenong has found some extraordinary players, or Doveton's recruited average players. My guess is the latter

Either Dandenong has found some extraordinary players, or Doveton's recruited average players. My guess is the latter

I'll tell you one player Dandy has picked up who's VERY handy, but didn't play on the weekend. Matthew Winchester. Won our B&F a few years ago, will DOMINATE in 3rd Div.

Definitely fish.
And Matthew Winchester (boxy) is a friend of mine from lakes entrance. Played with him at lakes and against him at Chelsea. Good wingman. Not sure if he will "dominate" but he will definitely be very good.

Definitely fish.
And Matthew Winchester (boxy) is a friend of mine from lakes entrance. Played with him at lakes and against him at Chelsea. Good wingman. Not sure if he will "dominate" but he will definitely be very good.

Pump him up ;) The only thing working against him is he hasn't played for a couple seasons... But he's an absolute ball magnet.

Tips for this week

Endeavour Hills v Doveton
Sandown v Lyndale
Dandenong v Black Rock
Hallam v Ashwood
Mount Waverley v Carrum

Total: 4

Looks like the competition will be very close this year. Most games can go any way.
Any news from the weekends games? Which teams impressed/ were disappointing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm that he was knocked back at Doveton and they have picked up another 100 Goal Kicker....
Ricky 'big mouth' Ramsdale who cares. He is about 120kgs and is a cancer at clubs. Thought Doveton would have learnt from past experiences.
Cassett has been knocked back by CPL, Doveton and one other I believe. Where will he end up?

One would assume Ramsdale is playing for a very large canteen voucher each week. Davo must be getting desperate for a premiership. He has dug to the bottom of the dump.
Oh no this is a massive mistake by Doveton and the League allowing this to occur. What next the ex coach Gibbons to return??

Oh no this is a massive mistake by Doveton and the League allowing this to occur. What next the ex coach Gibbons to return??

IMO a shocking move by the Eagles. No doubt Rama is a cancer at any club, and local sport in general.
In saying that, i still believe the Eagles will win the Premiership.

Had a look at Dandenong a few weeks ago, they look good and will finish top 4.

Carrum vs Lyndale looks to a belter this week at the Den, with Assistant Coach John Hynes still 4-6 weeks away from debuting with a foot injury.
Star midfielder Nigel Scott is away on holidays and will miss the next 3 games.

Cassett has been knocked back by Doveton & Lyndale, and rumour was last club he contacted was Div.2 contenders Mordialloc.

Tips for Round 5:

Ashwood vs Endeavour Hills
Hallam vs Dandenong
Black Rock vs Doveton Eagles
Carrum vs Lyndale
Sandown vs Mt.Waverley

IMO a shocking move by the Eagles. No doubt Rama is a cancer at any club, and local sport in general.

Carrum vs Lyndale looks to a belter this week at the Den, with Assistant Coach John Hynes still 4-6 weeks away from debuting with a foot injury.

Cassett has been knocked back by Doveton & Lyndale, and rumour was last club he contacted was Div.2 contenders Mordialloc.

Tips for Round 5:

Hallam vs Dandenong
Carrum vs Lyndale
Sandown vs Mt.Waverley

Tips for Round 5:

Hallam vs Dandenong
Carrum vs Lyndale
Sandown vs Mt.Waverley

Stick to the radio Wayne.

Cassett is literally going down the list of club coach mobile phone numbers that you can get off the SFL website and calling them one by one.

He has even offered his "services" for free on occasions and is still getting knocked back.

Sorry I haven't done more "5 Things to know" for the last 3 rounds... been a busy man.. but now I will do them based off the first 4 rounds so far...

Rounds 1 – 4
“5 Things You Need To Know”
1. Lyndale.. surprising a few
Lyndale are sitting 4th after four rounds with surprising wins over Sandown (R2 +16 pts) and Black Rock (R4 +35 pts). Their only blemish was against a Doveton outfit who look set for a big year. With a handy target with Big Trev up forward who is starting to hit some real form (4 goals 2 weeks ago, 8 goals last week), hopefully Lyndale can keep the momentum going.

2. Mountain Lions & Doveton... both still undefeated
The big talk at the start of the season was how well Doveton have been recruiting and the potential demise of Mount Waverley. (Thankfully for us) Only one of these statements was correct. Doveton have taken some scalps already in another big talk recruiting club in Dandenong and premiership favourites Sandown. Mount Waverley has knocked off both relegated Div 2 clubs from the last two years in Ashwood & Black Rock. Mt Waverley has a winning average of 68 pts and Doveton have a winning average of 53 pts, showing that they are both winning and winning well.

3. Black Rock & Ashwood... need to get their seasons back on track
The two clubs who have been relegated from Div 2 in the past two years are not displaying the performance both clubs would want to be showing of clubs, that would think of themselves as Div 2+ worthy.
Not much is separating the two on the ladder, but from our (Mt Waverley’s) view, Ashwood have looked more impressive since we have played both teams at their home grounds.
The clubs should have the playing list and off-field support to turn their fortunes around.

4. Sandown.. momentary lapse? Or not the Premiership favourite powerhouse everyone though
At the start of the season, all talk was about Sandown and how they should’ve won the Premiership last year (they weren’t saying this, every other non-Sandown person was agreeing to this) as they were emphatically the best team on their day.
But alas, it’s all about getting to the grandfinal and winning it (as my club knows all too well).
But the winning ways of Mount Waverley, the emergence as real premiership contenders in Doveton & Dandenong, only the next few rounds will tell if Sandown are the real deal.
They face Mount Waverley (ladder leaders), Black Rock (a relegated Div 2 club looking to bounce back), Dandenong (strong Premiership contender) and Carrum Patterson-Lakes (a new club looking to prove their worth), these next 4 rounds will really show if they will sink or swim.

5. Endeavour Hills.. where to from here
A new club in 2012 that finished 8th (out of 10) with 4 wins, would’ve been aiming in 2013 to really improve and show the rest of the comp that they are a serious club to deal with.
But what has happened? They are sitting bottom ( though equal points and little bit less percentage than Hallam) and have an average losing margin of 69 pts.
Since I haven’t seen them first hand this year yet, I am yet to judge to make my own assessment if they have potential or not. But losing to Doveton by over 140 pts & only scoring 2 goals for that match, and losing to Black Rock by 10 goals who aren’t performing that well either, questions have to be asked. Hopefully things turn around for them and start playing some really good footy.

Thank you. Peace out.

The Falcons have undergone some major changes over the past 6 months.
Most of their better players moved on to play higher levels of football (pretty normal for a group that was mostly under 21)
New coach, 40 new players (most with little/no experience playing football)
Basically gone back to step one, a work in progress- at least this time the league cant stitch them up financially again like they did in year one

Back