SFL Division 3 - 2013

Who will take out the 2013 Divison 3 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 9
5 THINGS TO KNOW
1. The battle was fought.. but the war is not over
Finally got to see Doveton first hand on Saturday and they were clinical.
If it wasn’t for a poor 3rd qtr by us, the result could’ve been in our favour.
But credit to Doveton, they applied very good pressure on us, making us do costly mistakes, every time they had possession they knew exactly where to go next...as I said...clinical.

I have to say that I too enjoy the comments made by Mount, but seriously if Doveton had of kicked straight it was a thrashing.

Mount were never in the game on your small ground in fact I suggest on a bigger ground you will be lucky to come within 10 goals.

When you have the likes of Cafiso and Wilkins playing loose around the ground and others still playing in your ones I would suggest that Mount are on the way down and not on the way up.

Big test for sandown this weekend, playing lyndale away! They have been the biggest disappointment of the year so far!

Not a bad win from the Lions and Jets on the weekend!

Watched Sandown have a great win against Lyndale on the weekend. The should have won by a lot more however Lyndale are very hit and miss at the moment. Big loss to Dandenong but knocked off MtWaverley? Were Dandenong resting a few players against Black Rock??

Watched Sandown have a great win against Lyndale on the weekend. The should have won by a lot more however Lyndale are very hit and miss at the moment. Big loss to Dandenong but knocked off MtWaverley? Were Dandenong resting a few players against Black Rock??

Injuries have hit us in all 3 grades

Every club has injuries!!! Don't need to use that as an excuse! Every team chooses the best 22 they can with what they have, if there not good on the day, there not good the day, it's not hard to accept that the other team played better!

Every club has injuries!!! Don't need to use that as an excuse! Every team chooses the best 22 they can with what they have, if there not good on the day, there not good the day, it's not hard to accept that the other team played better!

I'm not using it as an excuse..
I'm just letting MrNatural know his club ain't alone with injuries decimating all three teams..
I'm well aware there would be numerous clubs being stricken with injuries..
half the season has been played..
we're going deeper into Winter.. history tends to repeat itself with suburban footy..
is that ok by you bi-Curious George...?

I'm not using it as an excuse..
I'm just letting MrNatural know his club ain't alone with injuries decimating all three teams..
I'm well aware there would be numerous clubs being stricken with injuries..
half the season has been played..
we're going deeper into Winter.. history tends to repeat itself with suburban footy..
is that ok by you bi-Curious George...?

Didn't target the post to anybody bud! But if you want it directed at you go for it! Mount always seem to want the attention anyway! Do you have a problem with bi pple mountprettyboy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 10 - 12
5 THINGS TO KNOW

1. The reason Doveton and Mt Waverley are top 2 is simple..
Based off the last 3 rounds, Doveton is ranked 1st for scoring and 2nd for Defence, Mt Waverley is ranked 2nd for scoring and 3rd for defence, this isn’t rocket-science, have a strong defence and a potent forward line. You hear most coaches at this level say “they always pick their back six first”, yet it is always a forward line/attacking structure that they’re always trying to master.
You can’t be a good team without having both a good forward line and a good backline.

2. A staunch defence is a good defence
In relation to point No.1, if you had a forward line and back line evenly spread and needed to choose one area to focus to get that extra edge? Choose defence.
Carrum Patterson-Lakes were sitting 5th after 5 rounds with the 7th best offence, and the 5th best defence. Based on the last 3 rounds alone, they have the best defence and now sit strongly in 4th just behind Dandenong instead of barely scraping into 5th spot.

3. Despite how good your form is.. There are still key wins and losses..
Lyndale were in good form sitting 5th ahead the likes of Sandown, Ashwood & Black Rock.
Then facing a Sandown team that is at the cross-roads of being Pre-season Favourites to a disappointing outfit. They needed to start stamping their authority and win the crucial matches as they had lost to Ashwood the week prior.
They didn’t smash Lyndale, only winning by 16 pts, but the win propelled them into the Top 5, and if they keep their winning form up with their healthy percentage, finals beckons for a team that looked bleak only a few weeks back.

4. Bottleneck Final 5 is still on the cards
Despite Sandown sitting 5th with a healthy percentage, they obviously still need to keep winning to maintain a finals spot.
Lyndale, Ashwood and Black Rock are nipping at their heels with Lyndale & Ashwood on the same amount of wins as 5th placed Sandown.
The last 3 rounds will really shape it with the following matches:
Round 16
Lyndale v Hallam
Dandenong v Sandown
Doveton v Ashwood
Assume Lyndale wins as Sandown & Ashwood lose, Lyndale will sit 5th,
Round 17
Sandown v CPL
Ashwood v Black Rock
Mt Waverley v Lyndale
Assume Ashwood wins as Sandown & Lyndale lose, Lyndale & Ashwood on equal wins, 1 ahead of Sandown.
Round 18 *FINAL ROUND*
Lyndale v Dandenong
Endeavour Hills v Sandown
CPL v Ashwood
Assume Lyndale & Ashwood lose as Sandown beats Endeavour Hills

After all this, they could all be on equal wins and it will be determined by percentage which makes the last 3 rounds very interesting (this is assuming that results fall as they sit now).

5. I feel Hallam have got a win just around the corner
Round 15.. bookmark it in. Hallam v Endeavour Hills.
Endeavour Hills don’t seem to be getting worse, but they aren’t showing much improvement either.
Whereas Hallam in the last few weeks have really tightened up their game and are only getting beaten by a few goals here and there.
I’ve stated all along I think Endeavour Hills will become a much better side & club over time, but we all know without the huge influx of cash and top-line recruitment, developing a new squad does take time. Will be an interesting match to watch as I think Endeavour Hills could win this game from what I have seen of them so far.

Interesting last few rounds with black rock beating Sandown today. Surely only out of lyndale and Ashwood for 5th now?

5. I feel Hallam have got a win just around the corner
Round 15.. bookmark it in. Hallam v Endeavour Hills.
Endeavour Hills don’t seem to be getting worse, but they aren’t showing much improvement either.
Whereas Hallam in the last few weeks have really tightened up their game and are only getting beaten by a few goals here and there.
I’ve stated all along I think Endeavour Hills will become a much better side & club over time, but we all know without the huge influx of cash and top-line recruitment, developing a new squad does take time. Will be an interesting match to watch as I think Endeavour Hills could win this game from what I have seen of them so far.

Hee Hee watched this game Saturday "what was i thinking" Hallam wern't that bad they could build on that in the future but Endeavour Hills they stunk it up big time absoulute putrid.

Hee Hee watched this game Saturday "what was i thinking" Hallam wern't that bad they could build on that in the future but Endeavour Hills they stunk it up big time absoulute putrid.

I too saw this game and ive lurked in this forum for awhile only just posting now. I live around the area and like to get out to see the local teams if i can. SFL, MPNFL and EFL.

However, I have never seen a more non structured team ever than Endeavour Hills. I mean i understand some teams just don't have the cattle and looks like they are playing genuine kids (not necessarily a bad thing come 3-4 years). But the fundamentals of play don't exist or the similarly don't have proper instruction or leadership. Their midfielders don't get back, their forwards don't chase, credit where its due their back line works hard for a group of guys under siege constantly most players are slow and unsure of themselves too. The only fight they show is when they are trying to fight the opposition.

E.Hills only got 2 coaches (1 coach, 1 assistant) assistant coach didn't address or talk to players but held the board on the bench, Hallam had 3 coaches that were having input.
Overall their off and on ground support looked lacking.

Through all the teams in the area and Leagues to be honest the SFL I have seen is probably not the most desirable at that level to be in but it cant be hard to build up a team to be competitive. Hallam are obviously improving enough.

On the other side of it. Doveton i have seen play and they could easily challenge any team in MPNFL and some Div 2 EFL clubs.

EDIT: Sry I have just seen E.Hills are a 3rd year club. By which means it should be growing not going backwards.

However, I have never seen a more non structured team ever than Endeavour Hills. I mean i understand some teams just don't have the cattle and looks like they are playing genuine kids (not necessarily a bad thing come 3-4 years). But the fundamentals of play don't exist or the similarly don't have proper instruction or leadership. Their midfielders don't get back, their forwards don't chase, credit where its due their back line works hard for a group of guys under siege constantly most players are slow and unsure of themselves too. The only fight they show is when they are trying to fight the opposition.

Endeavour Hills seem to have the classic Under 11s mentality. "We have 6 good players and get smashed by 100 points every week, so let's just put our 6 best players in the back line where the ball is".

That may not be what the coaches do specifically, but it sure seems that way from outside. Even if those "better players" aren't named in the backline specifically, they still find themselves down there looking for cheap kicks and not working hard once the ball is out.

They were understandably not a great side their first year in the comp, they did improve somewhat in the second year, albeit nowhere near enough. And now in their third year, I would say they are worse than their first year. It is hard to attract players with such a horrible record and no plan. It's also hard to attract players when you play in a swamp that is shin deep in mud for 3/4 of the season. No one wants to train 2 nights a week and play every second week in those conditions, especially when there are other nearby clubs.

Back