SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear the coaching merry go round will be on again next year, with the Rockers and Hammer coaches both resigning. Straight swap?

Have these been confirmed? Hampton for mine were a much improved side even though the ladder position didn't reflect this. I thought he might of stuck around another year.
i spoke to the Hampton coach after the game Saturday he has resigned the club was not as professional as he would have liked. Black rock wll be in troble without Beshera. South Yarra coach stood aside for a new coach but no one in Division 2 probably cares its back to Division 3 forums.

i spoke to the Hampton coach after the game Saturday he has resigned the club was not as professional as he would have liked. Black rock wll be in troble without Beshera. South Yarra coach stood aside for a new coach but no one in Division 2 probably cares its back to Division 3 forums.

Beshara's replacement will do just fine.

He may even get a few more players onboard in addition to the current list.

As long as they keep there current list then add some there is no use getting ten then losing 10. They have finished 2nd last for the last two years only winning about 5 games in two years.

So, are you saying the Rockers have appointed a new coach already? If so, they certainly move quicker than the Power or the Blues. The resignation mustn't have come as a suprise then. It ceratinly did to me.

Did Beshara resign?????? I hear he may have been pushed. Anyone from BR like to elaborate as I believe they were at the pub on Saturday night. Just what I heard. Didn't he have a 3 year contract. Anyway who really cares. Bring on the finals. Who's peoples tips for this weeks finals

Did Beshara resign?????? I hear he may have been pushed. Anyone from BR like to elaborate as I believe they were at the pub on Saturday night. Just what I heard. Didn't he have a 3 year contract. Anyway who really cares. Bring on the finals. Who's peoples tips for this weeks finals

I think he was pushed! Was it warranted or not depends on which side of the story you want to believe. From my understanding he had at least a year left on his contract.

As long as they keep there current list then add some there is no use getting ten then losing 10. They have finished 2nd last for the last two years only winning about 5 games in two years.

It was always going to be hard to improve on the 2011 season when you lose 10-12 of the starting senior side before the 2012 season even started. From those you have the bnf, runner up and 3rd and 4th if I'm not mistaken. Yes they had some good recruits come into the team this year but it was basically a whole new team. If they had been able to keep some of those players they would of been a hell of a lot more competitive this year with the new recruits they added. They were then forced to play multiple players that only played reserves last year, so they were on the back foot from round 1. If you look back to 2011 they almost rolled murrumbeena, springvale and highett at home and were very competitive against oakleigh in both games. They also happened to beat sky in the last game of the year.

Something definitely went on behind the scenes and it will be interesting if the full and true story ever comes out. Where to now for Beshara?? Will another club give him a chance with a senior gig?

Perhaps you are asking the new coach?:)

Maybe, he is a SFL Div 1 Premiership player!;)

But I'm thinking he's got a few playing years ahead of him before taking up coaching, although I do wonder if the new Black Rock coach does have a St Pauls connection:cool:

And if so, (and I stress I'm not trying to be provocative here) but why wouldn't Black Rock say go after a Heath Barnes type as coach. Early 30's?, older enough for experience but still young enough to play, wasn't going to play this year but could still play SFL Div 2, comes from a great footballing coaching pedigree, great leader of young men & I reckon a few might follow him to wherever he decided to go....food for thought...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely appalling to see one of the 50year old female supporters from oakleigh try to 'hit' the coaches sister from Skye yesterday at the final. Should be ashamed of herself!

Sorry, the sisters friend was actually hit by the older lady! Good to see some of the oakleigh players apologizing to them after the game though

Absolute disgrace is right! I ventured down to cheltnham on saturday to watch a cracker of a game of footy, only to be spoiled by that rubbish. And they werent the only feral Oakleigh supporters down there!
Perfect conditions, quality opposition, and what a finish!
Oakleigh looked to be doing it pretty easy for 3 qtrs, with their defence holding up strong and their big names doing as they pleased. Fermanis and Kiellerup looking to run away with the game. Elimovski was in everything, and arvinitis for mine dominated the ruck. Assistant coach from skye kept them in the game along with big bloke in the midfield (think he was 15)
Johnny Hynes steps up to the plate and kicks the 1st goal of the last, looked as though the oaks dropped there heads immediately.
Then there was a pivotal moment in the last qtr when the skye captain crashed into and won a 1v3 contest, that spurred the skye boys to kick the next 4 goals (5-0 for the qtr). Pretty guttsy effort to turn a 23 point 3/4 time deficit into a 10 point win.
Anyone get down to the bentleigh murrembeena game?? I hear that it came down to overtime and bentleigh getting up by 10 points? Geez what a ripper start to a finals series

Maybe, he is a SFL Div 1 Premiership player!;)

But I'm thinking he's got a few playing years ahead of him before taking up coaching, although I do wonder if the new Black Rock coach does have a St Pauls connection:cool:

And if so, (and I stress I'm not trying to be provocative here) but why wouldn't Black Rock say go after a Heath Barnes type as coach. Early 30's?, older enough for experience but still young enough to play, wasn't going to play this year but could still play SFL Div 2, comes from a great footballing coaching pedigree, great leader of young men & I reckon a few might follow him to wherever he decided to go....food for thought...

heath's too much of a st.pauls man to leave em fish, but agree that thts the type for em to be chasing, bashara never a good fit anyway, especially not after he right hooks a bloke 1 minute in their game against beena a few weeks ago, good leadership on display? i think not

Atholwood, you are right he has not quite fitted in anywhere really even back to his days at Ormond footy and cricket where I think he was perhaps given his marching orders from both organisations, Mind you I think the environment he has worked in at BR was very difficult I understand that the council find BR very hard to work with..

Well done Hampton Ressies. Hard fought win on Sunday.

Certainly have come good the right time of year. Reserves Oakleigh v Hampton should be a belter. Oaks were missing a couple on Saturday from what I saw being Maynard (also didn't play qualifying )& Ioannidis out with hamstrings?? & Kandakji promoted to the 1s. Id imagine that all three will be back this week.

Bennett for Hampton looks to be on fire at the minute with 10 goals from the past two finals, will be hard to stop again. Might get down & see the second half to see if it will be a Bentleigh v Oakleigh rematch or the team from the "Toolbox"

Absolutely appalling to see one of the 50year old female supporters from oakleigh try to 'hit' the coaches sister from Skye yesterday at the final. Should be ashamed of herself!
Lol

Good win hampton Ressies. Oakleigh, get with the program. The behavior of some of your players and members leaves many of us astounded. Say no more.

Great win Oaks,and to the Oakleigh haters get stuffed.
Yeah wonderful club that Oakleigh. Player (or ex) runs onto the field at half time abusing the sh1t out of the umps & Skye and then attacks a Skye player when told to settle down. Even with the Oak management giving the guy another shirt to camouflage the culprit lets see how the SFL put this one on Skye! East Malvern will sh1t it in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back