SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might change your mind when you see Ben Phibbs play.

Phibbs and Anstey are legends of A grade Ammos, having taken St Bedes to a three peat through the grades.

He lead the goal kicking in the competiton from the wing in Ammos, and gave the likes of Gary Ablett Jnr and Jimmy Bartel bath's in VFL grand finals for Port Melbourne when they were younger.

Phibbs is just about the best player in Southern..... let alone Div 2, he will tear this comp to shreds.

And im not even a Mordi supporter.[/quot

I was making a comment about the club not the players.

I know Anstey was there this year and one player will not change a team.
They have been a rabble since they left the old VFA.
They should have dominated this competition but havent due to poor administrators.

Heard also that they won't have to worry about money next year because there is a push to not pay players from next season, if you catch my drift

So you're saying they're are considering going across to the VAFA, Members sections??!!
Wrong move in my opinion, they're off going down to Div 3. As we all know that the Ammos dont give too sh1ts about lower division district clubs, then theres the travelling to Point Cook, Mt Lilydale, Truganina & North Brunswick. Not to mention VAFA HQ fining them for so much as looking at them funny.

They'll lose most of their players if they do....bad move

i'm a yarra boy and our president said after the last game that we should "consider ourselves in div 2 until we are told we are not' so he might have heard a whisper of what might happen

we have presentation night sat so we might find more out then

Just a rumor I have heard around the traps, it's a fine line whether to cross over or not

Cons, can't sell beer during the game loose a bit of cash from that & the gate. The travel can be annoying for some blokes

Pros, you don't have to pay players saving a fortune & the grades are pretty even down the bottom your always a chance of having some success

Black rock cannot leave one competition to join another if they owe money to the initial league ie: SFL. They arre AFL Victoria rules. Dragons to VAFA? WOW they did not want to know them when they started...

Why would the dragons want to go to the VAFA? The SFL bent over backwards to accommodate them and they were just gaining a bit of momentum.

Anyways, if they want to travel all over the country side, good luck.

Why would the dragons want to go to the VAFA? The SFL bent over backwards to accommodate them and they were just gaining a bit of momentum.

Anyways, if they want to travel all over the country side, good luck.

This rumour going through the VAFA also, as is the whisper on Black Rock. The Dragons actually started life as the Box Hill North Club 18 team in D4 of the VAFA so are not entirely unfamiliar with the VAFA and the travel involved. Having said that the SFL have been very accommodating and it would seem strange, and a little ungracious to jump after just 3 years.

Some of the garbage at a handful of SFL games this year could have made them re-evaluate. They are not a club that relies on selling grog to supplement players’ wages so perhaps the VAFA is a better fit for them.

Black Rock on the other hand seems a very strange move. 4 strong higher division clubs in very close proximity including Beaumaris 1 klm down the road. Beaumaris a juggernaut that the moment – first district club in ‘A’ section for 20 years, 2 x U19 teams and a huge junior program. It would be a long hard road and then there is the travel that they are not used to. They wont be the poor relation. They will be the red headed stepchild !

As someone else stated if they owe money to the SFL, then they're going nowhere!

I mean, I kicked my first goal in 51 matches this year against Black Rock 2s, I need them to stay!!

That's where I heard it rooster around the traps in the vafa.

We'll just have to wait & see I spose every year there are rumors of clubs changing leagues & the only one I can remember recently was Brighton & they were up front about it right from the very start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black Rock cannot go anywhere as they owe money to SFL. AFL Vic rule, btw the Ammos would not want them.

If Southern Dragons leave to go to the Ammos that would be a choice that they have made without considering the support both financially and resource wise the SFL provided - poor form. Things have not gone as well for the SFL recently I reckon they may be missing the ex boss Holsworth big time.. As a supplier I talk to a lot of clubs in the SFL and Ammos and MPNFL and they all speak very highly of Holsworth and were interested what would happen after his departure.

As someone else stated if they owe money to the SFL, then they're going nowhere!

I mean, I kicked my first goal in 51 matches this year against Black Rock 2s, I need them to stay!!

If they do it will be under a different entity, just let the current entity go under.

Lots of companies do it every day.

If they do it will be under a different entity, just let the current entity go under.

Lots of companies do it every day.
Beacon, AFL Victoria will not allow it. They are not idiots. different name, jumpers etc etc but still the same people playing at the same ground that owe money to one league. If AFL V let every club go that applied to move to a league because they owed money and wanted to walk away from it, mass exodus. Black Rock from my sources have promised the SFL the world in terms of paying back debts and not delivered yet paid good money to blokes and still finished near the bottom. Moloney and Chalane the year before are 2 that got money and yet mOLONEY mmOLONEY THIS YEAR

sorry, hadnt quite finished the gist is that they were paying players without success at the expense of not paying the league. That does not go down well when you have players openly boasting of receiving money.

Black Rock cannot go anywhere as they owe money to SFL. AFL Vic rule, btw the Ammos would not want them.

If Southern Dragons leave to go to the Ammos that would be a choice that they have made without considering the support both financially and resource wise the SFL provided - poor form. Things have not gone as well for the SFL recently I reckon they may be missing the ex boss Holsworth big time.. As a supplier I talk to a lot of clubs in the SFL and Ammos and MPNFL and they all speak very highly of Holsworth and were interested what would happen after his departure.

Just comes down to the $$ required to compete in Div 2 then much more needed to compete in Div 1.
Vicious cycle as no club wants to be the fodder of a competition. Div 3 is almost a remedial league for clubs that are struggling to survive or have lost interest in going any further and are happy to tread water.Maybe it should be left alone for three years to let these clubs reach a certain level before promoting any of them. Maybe Div 2 has to be a 7 team competition next season with a top 4. Not very appealing but at least you would have 7 strong and competitive clubs. Black Rock and South Yarra can go to Div3 and rebuild whilst the Dragons will probably leave to become nomads in Div 4 Ammos before they fold. Perhaps they want to go back to Div 3 for a few years to establish their club? Has anyone asked them?
Div 3: Ashwood has been on the decline for over a decade and tasted some success in Div3 by winning a final. Hopefully it will motivate them to do better and get back to Div 1.Caulfield Dandenong Lyndale are/have been basket cases and will not progress out of Div3 for at least 5 years.Endeavour Hills and Hallam are the new boys on the block and will take them about 5 years to become very competitive.Mt Waverley seem have a good set up but it appears they are happy to be a big fish in a small pond and do not want to move. Moorabbin don't have the depth or structure and will get slaughtered next season in Div 2. Sandown probably in the same boat, whilst Doveton have the potential to rise through the ranks as long as they keep away the bad influence from entering into their club. It is not my intention at taking cheap shots at any Div 3 club because I know how hard a lot of the officials work to keep their clubs running but maybe it is time to sit down with all the stake holders and seriously discuss the future.

Don't worry about south yarra we had an off season last year not many clubs would have gotten through with 20 senior blokes leaving due to retirement and chasing more cash on other leagues and a shithead coach that signed then did a runner

It was the year we knew would happen with an ageing list but unfortunately they all left at once

Rember we finished one game out of the finals in 2011 losing some games we shouldn't have with the reserves making the prelim and we also have thirds

We will be more than happy to stay in div 2 in 2013 and improve from this year as there were stood signs at various tes of the year (oakleigh, east Malvern) games

That being said I agree with not promoting teams after 1 successful year...I'm no sure of how to do but maybe 2 years of success may required???

2012 SFL Grand Final Highlights as shown at the league B&F, stolen from the SFL Facebook page. Shows vision from all SFL GFs
*check out the clash at the 40sec mark ;)

And the 2nd package of still photography

Videos look good although I would have liked to have seen an individual highlights pack for each GF, even if they only went for 1 or 2 mins each as opposed to all divisions in 1 vid

Videos look good although I would have liked to have seen an individual highlights pack for each GF, even if they only went for 1 or 2 mins each as opposed to all divisions in 1 vid

I agree with what you're saying, but I think it was a time issue thing, as they had two less than 2 weeks to put it together for the league presentation night.

Probably would have cost a few more dollars as well in editing & producing?? I don't know.

They've also got the DVDs of every Grand Final to produce as well this year, as opposed to just the senior GF of each division as in past years. Probably why they didn't do each division's highlights package, as this may the hurt the DVD sales, might be something on their anyway....... could take some time in getting them though, I'd reckon

Just comes down to the $$ required to compete in Div 2 then much more needed to compete in Div 1.
Vicious cycle as no club wants to be the fodder of a competition. Div 3 is almost a remedial league for clubs that are struggling to survive or have lost interest in going any further and are happy to tread water.Maybe it should be left alone for three years to let these clubs reach a certain level before promoting any of them. Maybe Div 2 has to be a 7 team competition next season with a top 4. Not very appealing but at least you would have 7 strong and competitive clubs. Black Rock and South Yarra can go to Div3 and rebuild whilst the Dragons will probably leave to become nomads in Div 4 Ammos before they fold. Perhaps they want to go back to Div 3 for a few years to establish their club? Has anyone asked them?
Div 3: Ashwood has been on the decline for over a decade and tasted some success in Div3 by winning a final. Hopefully it will motivate them to do better and get back to Div 1.Caulfield Dandenong Lyndale are/have been basket cases and will not progress out of Div3 for at least 5 years.Endeavour Hills and Hallam are the new boys on the block and will take them about 5 years to become very competitive.Mt Waverley seem have a good set up but it appears they are happy to be a big fish in a small pond and do not want to move. Moorabbin don't have the depth or structure and will get slaughtered next season in Div 2. Sandown probably in the same boat, whilst Doveton have the potential to rise through the ranks as long as they keep away the bad influence from entering into their club. It is not my intention at taking cheap shots at any Div 3 club because I know how hard a lot of the officials work to keep their clubs running but maybe it is time to sit down with all the stake holders and seriously discuss the future.

Moorabbin will hold their own next year and will not be "slaughtered"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back