SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SFL Div 2 - Part 3

A few tipping TM to go well. Looking at their form and list last year they would want to get a few players. Would have thought Bentleigh and Springy to be preferred and maybe Oakleigh. Skye could be the dark horse

Forget dark horse, Skye are the No. 1 contenders for mine. You don't add 22+ players to your squad & be just thereabouts. Depth at a club is what is important, especially during the winter months where injuries set in. Expect them to be no lower than 2nd all year!

Forget dark horse, Skye are the No. 1 contenders for mine. You don't add 22+ players to your squad & be just thereabouts. Depth at a club is what is important, especially during the winter months where injuries set in. Expect them to be no lower than 2nd all year!

They have lost Doyle (league b&f) 2 to retirement and Fox (but wil get him for 5 games at least) 6 to Chelsea Heights (even though league rule is 5) They finished 7th or 8th last year don't forget and a lot of those 22 are under 18s. They will be there abouts for the top 5 and that is what they are aiming at. Good to see Fermanis did what he does every year and went and then came back for more money at Oakleigh for the 4th or 5th time (had nothing to do with money though it is all because his grandmother lives across the road)

The boys playing for the love of the jumper really shows on the SFL clearance site...not a single dragon up for a transfer. few good players coming into the squad too.

It certainly helps winning a premiership from the year before & the anticipation at playing at a higher grade. Good luck for the up coming season as I think the Dragons will be very competitive & be a fast outfit.

Is the man they called "The Machine" suiting up again?

It certainly helps winning a premiership from the year before & the anticipation at playing at a higher grade. Good luck for the up coming season as I think the Dragons will be very competitive & be a fast outfit.

Is the man they called "The Machine" suiting up again?

Unfortunately Machine (Huy Vuong) has retired. He got smashed in the face (from the footy out of all things) during the Q2 of our Granny last year and somehow developed a hardcore eye infection afterwards. Has lost quite a bit of his vision as well. Big loss for the Snrs, but we've got a few big lads coming up the ranks, so fingers crossed.

Yes, we are hoping to be competitive but we're also fully aware that there is a MASSIVE gap between Div 2 & 3. Remember too that we're still a very young club, with many newbies to AFL (including in our Snrs), so we hope our lack of bigtime experience won't count too much against us. Good luck to your mob too buddy.

Unfortunately Machine (Huy Vuong) has retired. He got smashed in the face (from the footy out of all things) during the Q2 of our Granny last year and somehow developed a hardcore eye infection afterwards. Has lost quite a bit of his vision as well. Big loss for the Snrs, but we've got a few big lads coming up the ranks, so fingers crossed.

Yes, we are hoping to be competitive but we're also fully aware that there is a MASSIVE gap between Div 2 & 3. Remember too that we're still a very young club, with many newbies to AFL (including in our Snrs), so we hope our lack of bigtime experience won't count too much against us. Good luck to your mob too buddy.

That's too bad about the Machine, as I was looking forward to finding out what all the fuss was about from 2011 - could play from what I hear. Sounds very serious if loss of sight is involved. From memory your Grand Final was a wet muddy day, so the ball would have been heavy?? Might have had something to do with it?

Anyway will be good to play against yet another team only 5 mins away!!

krieger, will be cleared .IF you are looking for a change of clubs come down to black rock we will make you most welcome.......:thumbsu:
1st Kriegs and now Collins on the clearance list. Can you help me out with how the Rocker's are travelling. Anymore to go or come?

1st Kriegs and now Collins on the clearance list. Can you help me out with how the Rocker's are travelling. Anymore to go or come?

BRFC can confirm the loss of the following(please see below). Recruits ? All players have been an integral part of Black Rock Fc and will always be welcome back. There is absolutely no animosity towards these players and the club is thankful for the contribution of these players and we would like to wish them all the best for the 2012 season. Black Rock FC will always encourage players to aspire to play a higher level of football and are excited to see many younger players attempt to make the step into VFL football. Other players who have also requested a clearance have made the move for various personal reasons and BRFC supports and respects all of these players. Any player who has had a clearance rejected simply hasn't returned a football jumper. Finally BRFC also has several other players that will potentially make the step into VFL next season and we hope this happens. BRFC would like to wish all clubs the best for the 2012 season.

Losses - Gains -
Krieger ?
Murray
Collins
Wallis
Smith
Marshall
Cahalane

BRFC can confirm the loss of the following(please see below). Recruits ? All players have been an integral part of Black Rock Fc and will always be welcome back. There is absolutely no animosity towards these players and the club is thankful for the contribution of these players and we would like to wish them all the best for the 2012 season. Black Rock FC will always encourage players to aspire to play a higher level of football and are excited to see many younger players attempt to make the step into VFL football. Other players who have also requested a clearance have made the move for various personal reasons and BRFC supports and respects all of these players. Any player who has had a clearance rejected simply hasn't returned a football jumper. Finally BRFC also has several other players that will potentially make the step into VFL next season and we hope this happens. BRFC would like to wish all clubs the best for the 2012 season.

Losses - Gains -
Krieger ?
Murray
Collins
Wallis
Smith
Marshall
Cahalane

Thanks for the feedback. Diasappointed about the losses, but let's hope the club is still on the climb.

Ford is an ok player. Played with Devon Meadows last year, a team that really struggled. Played 11 games in the seniors and 5 in the reserves. He's a forward with decent marking and skills.

Yeah, he played two years ago at springy. Played full back I believe, not sure. But I heard he had a few issues with the ones coach and told him where to go. That's why he played the reserve games. But he is a good forward target great hands finished second in the goal kicking in the ones in a poor team. But he came second in the two's goal kicking after only 5 games with 21 goals.
So it will be interesting where he plays this year... Forward or back.

Losses - Gains -
Krieger ?
Murray
Collins
Wallis
Smith
Marshall
Cahalane

enjoy third division in 2013 blackrock! :):):D:D:cool:

I can't say why it has been denied, but if he doesn't play at Oakleigh, I wouldn't think he would play anywhere. Has been training the house down at every session over the past month or so. And is set to lead one of the teams at the Intraclub match coming up.

Which then begs the question: Why did he get a clearance from Oakleigh in the first place??

Haha, it really does, but I guess he had his reasons to leave, and he has his reasons to come back. Not going to lie and say I know what they are. But, it has been a regular thing over the past 3 years. Said he was leaving, went somewhere, then came back. I know last year he came back because of time commitments with work. Unsure of the circumstances of it all this year, but, hey, I'm not complaining.

definaltely a handy player to keep jimmy. also how are margetis and isaacs fitting in down at the districs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definaltely a handy player to keep jimmy. also how are margetis and isaacs fitting in down at the districs?

They are money hungry club hoppers. I saw them play against Skye last year. Margetis would struggle to get a kick in a Kung fu fight. Issacs is a very good player when he has good players around him (which he will have at OD) but really struggled last year with a good tag.

They are money hungry club hoppers. I saw them play against Skye last year. Margetis would struggle to get a kick in a Kung fu fight. Issacs is a very good player when he has good players around him (which he will have at OD) but really struggled last year with a good tag.

weak pricks the pair of them. as soon as the going got tough they got going. wouldnt know the meaning of the word loyalty .there's a few boys down at the toolbox looking forward to round 4 :D:cool:

On a more positive note, I see the Southern Dragons getting there brand & the SFL brand out in the community in the new 2012 AFL TV ad. Good on them, great for our league!!

(check out 14-15 sec mark)

[YOUTUBE]kEaqIEqvJaE[/YOUTUBE]

Ha Ha very good assessment, funny how they have made a rep for themselves now... what happened to the third muskateer Armo ?

Ummm, both have seemed to fit in pretty well, pretty sure they both knew players down at Oakleigh before they came. Isaacs was everywhere in the intraclub match, played well for a half. I think he was rested afterwards, playing in the Harmony Cup this weekend.

Not if its for free he wont :D

I haven't heard much on here about East Malvern but I hear that they are traveling along quite nicely, can anyone give us some info

Maybe, just maybe they won't be the powerhouse everyone is expecting. Here's my rationalé: Finished bottom of Div 1, (yes much higher Division) but have lost 4 players & only gained 2 players which include the coach. Seems he hasn't bought any mates from Strathmore with him, not really the best recruiting coming into a lower divvy.

Springvale the year before got demoted but went on a recruiting drive & still lost a prelim. Don't get me wrong, East Malvern will be a major player in finals, but will be coming up against strong opposition.

Could be one of the closest top 5's for some time where spots 3 to 5 could be separated by % only

Stab in the dark with the ladder:
Bentleigh
Oakleigh
East Malvern
Springvale
Skye
Murrmbeena
Southern Dragons
Hampton
Black Rock
South yarra

ill give it a go

black rock
bentliegh
springvale
southern dragons
oakliegh
east malvern
skye
the benna
sth yarra
hampton

ill give it a go

black rock*
bentliegh
springvale
southern dragons*
oakliegh
east malvern*
skye*
the benna*
sth yarra
hampton*

joker-not-sure-if-serious1.jpg

Stab in the dark with the ladder:
Bentleigh
Oakleigh
East Malvern
Springvale
Skye
Murrmbeena
Southern Dragons
Hampton
Black Rock
South yarra

Not so sure BRFC will finish that low as I have heard they have picked up quite a few players??
Can someone confirm or deny this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back