SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Rocbank football club are looking for a game for this Saturday happy to play at home or away pm if any team is available cheers

ill give it a go

black rock
bentliegh
springvale
southern dragons
oakliegh
east malvern
skye
the benna
sth yarra
hampton

Not much love for the hammers boys! Can personally guarantee we will be there abouts when it matters. The boys are absoloutely FLYING! In particualr the ones we picked up from the ammos, they will tear d2 apart! Off to fish creek tomorrow to give them a bit of a football lesson:cool::cool::D:D
Anybody on here know what the standard is like down there???

Not much love for the hammers boys! Can personally guarantee we will be there abouts when it matters. The boys are absoloutely FLYING! In particualr the ones we picked up from the ammos, they will tear d2 apart! Off to fish creek tomorrow to give them a bit of a football lesson:cool::cool::D:D
Anybody on here know what the standard is like down there???

I know a few guys who play in that league and they should be very competitive. What other sides have practice matches this weekend? I wouldn't mind coming down and watching a few games.

Bentleigh vs Cheltnham
South Yarra vs Caufield
Springvale vs East Brighton
Blackrock vs Dandenong
Skye vs Mordialloc
Murrumbeena vs Highett
Hampton vs Fish Creek

Have no idea about EastMalvern, Oaks, or Dragons. Any one want to fill us in??

Maybe, just maybe they won't be the powerhouse everyone is expecting. Here's my rationalé: Finished bottom of Div 1, (yes much higher Division) but have lost 4 players & only gained 2 players which include the coach. Seems he hasn't bought any mates from Strathmore with him, not really the best recruiting coming into a lower divvy.

Springvale the year before got demoted but went on a recruiting drive & still lost a prelim. Don't get me wrong, East Malvern will be a major player in finals, but will be coming up against strong opposition.

Could be one of the closest top 5's for some time where spots 3 to 5 could be separated by % only

East malvern have picked up 5 that played seniors in the goulburn valley which is a real good brand of footy and another one from the tfl also a very strong comp.. They will be up there for sure..

Skye have picked up heaps.. Anthony craddock has sneaked under the radar probably will be skyes best player by a mile.. Probably will be the best player In division two

East malvern have picked up 5 that played seniors in the goulburn valley which is a real good brand of footy and another one from the tfl also a very strong comp.. They will be up there for sure..

Skye have picked up heaps.. Anthony craddock has sneaked under the radar probably will be skyes best player by a mile.. Probably will be the best player In division two

Shhhhhhhhh......

Is it just me, or does SFL Div 2 feel like its going to be stronger this year than last with teams recruiting heavily? Can only be good for the comp & make leagues like the VAFA sit up & take a look. I remember earlier in the year the VAFA had an article on their website stating there's a higher percentage of people joining the Ameteurs than leaving. Maybe they should ask Ormond what they think of that :D

Anyway I digress. Teams who finished 7th & 8th last year won't be push overs, that is for sure! So I'll give this ladder prediction thing a go

East Malvern
Skye
Springvale Dist
Bentleigh
Oakleigh Dist

Hampton
Murrumbeena
Southern Dragons
Black Rock
South Yarra

Will be a stronger an even comp as I predict maybe teams 6th & 7th missing out on finals by percentage only. Will look back at the end of Round 18 to see how close (or far from it) I got. Good luck for 2012

Any results from practice matches today?

We went down to fish creek by about 40odd points. very well drilled side! i would say they are in for a super year! Our boys played really well in patches, just struggled to gel. So many new players, there was a lot of 'treading on each others toes' which was expected. We'll bounce back!! :D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was chatting to a couple of the fich creek boys after the game who told us they had a practice match against East Malvern last weekend. They got over the top of them pretty easily in the end or though the scoreboard didnt reflect it (6points).

I heard bentleigh got a bit of a touch up from Cheltnham? 60 points. can you confirm Fish? Has Illya left a bigger hole then expected in the forward line?

Skye knocked off Mordialloc by nearly 6 goals. MeanGene you want to fill us in? A mate of mine was down there who reckons you were still missing 4 of your best 22.

Just read on d3 thread that South Yarra were beaten by Caufield?? and not a close game either... 9 goals! Captain can you let us know just what is going on down there? could be a loooong year for the Yarras

any other results??:cool::cool::D:D

BRFC can confirm the loss of the following(please see below). Recruits ? All players have been an integral part of Black Rock Fc and will always be welcome back. There is absolutely no animosity towards these players and the club is thankful for the contribution of these players and we would like to wish them all the best for the 2012 season. Black Rock FC will always encourage players to aspire to play a higher level of football and are excited to see many younger players attempt to make the step into VFL football. Other players who have also requested a clearance have made the move for various personal reasons and BRFC supports and respects all of these players. Any player who has had a clearance rejected simply hasn't returned a football jumper. Finally BRFC also has several other players that will potentially make the step into VFL next season and we hope this happens. BRFC would like to wish all clubs the best for the 2012 season.

Losses - Gains -
Krieger ?
Murray
Collins
Wallis
Smith
Marshall
Cahalane

I hear that Joey Krieger is back for the Rockers. Fantastic result if true.

We went down to fish creek by about 40odd points. very well drilled side! i would say they are in for a super year! Our boys played really well in patches, just struggled to gel. So many new players, there was a lot of 'treading on each others toes' which was expected. We'll bounce back!! :D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was chatting to a couple of the fich creek boys after the game who told us they had a practice match against East Malvern last weekend. They got over the top of them pretty easily in the end or though the scoreboard didnt reflect it (6points).

I heard bentleigh got a bit of a touch up from Cheltnham? 60 points. can you confirm Fish? Has Illya left a bigger hole then expected in the forward line?

Skye knocked off Mordialloc by nearly 6 goals. MeanGene you want to fill us in? A mate of mine was down there who reckons you were still missing 4 of your best 22.

Just read on d3 thread that South Yarra were beaten by Caufield?? and not a close game either... 9 goals! Captain can you let us know just what is going on down there? could be a loooong year for the Yarras

i don't think it was 9 goals? might have been i got ko'ed so i can't quite remember...they kicked 7 goals to zero in the first 1/4 though and it was stevens after that

we had 2 senior players from last yr in that game, at least 10 playing their 1st game for the club and 3 colts

caulfield have 5 - 6 beena blokes running around for them I hear though so they're not the bears from last yr but when your supposed coach does a runner then you're always behind the 8 ball

Yeah that was probably the margin. Not our strongest side in & Chelt are a Div 1 side that won a final last year. Definately the better side on the day though.

Ilya would be a loss in any side, but we'll be right ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was probably the margin. Not our strongest side in & Chelt are a Div 1 side that won a final last year. Definately the better side on the day though.

Ilya would be a loss in any side, but we'll be right ;)

Dissapointing pal. Have'nt heard much from your side of the tracks, any new recruits worth talking about? How about Plapp, is he playing at all this year or just development for the colts??

i don't think it was 9 goals? might have been i got ko'ed so i can't quite remember...they kicked 7 goals to zero in the first 1/4 though and it was stevens after that

we had 2 senior players from last yr in that game, at least 10 playing their 1st game for the club and 3 colts

caulfield have 5 - 6 beena blokes running around for them I hear though so they're not the bears from last yr but when your supposed coach does a runner then you're always behind the 8 ball

Yeah your right it would be tough going. Fantastic to hear you have a colts up and running for season 2012?? Got many numbers down?
Who are you playing next week cptn? AANND how did Brady go in his 1st match as senior coach?

we don't have our own colts, they're fro rich central i think...we're gonna try and let them play both and rotate them a bit if we can...we have a 14yr old future afl star though among them

braydes was alright, i'm still not sure if he's playing or not to be honest, not sure he knows

Bentleigh vs Cheltnham
South Yarra vs Caufield
Blackrock vs Dandenong
Skye vs Mordialloc
Murrumbeena vs Highett
Hampton vs Fish Creek

Have no idea about EastMalvern, Oaks, or Dragons. Any one want to fill us in??

How did all the other teams go in their practice match?

Blackrock vs Dandenong
Murrumbeena vs Highett

Dissapointing pal. Have'nt heard much from your side of the tracks, any new recruits worth talking about? How about Plapp, is he playing at all this year or just development for the colts??

On the contrary, played a Div 1 finals team with 11 players who didn't play in last year's Div 2 GF side (which included 4 colts). I'd say we're all the better for having played a team from Div 1, next week it's Heatherton.

You haven't heard much from Bentleigh as I'm pretty much the only poster on here & I'm not really one to give too much away.

On the topic of recruits?? ;)
Ace%20Up%20Sleeve.jpg

As for the Hammers, I hope they can repay some of your new faith & confidence that's been bubbling out of Petersen St. Might be a cracker of a game Round 1.

Yeah your right it would be tough going. Fantastic to hear you have a colts up and running for season 2012?? Got many numbers down?
Who are you playing next week cptn? AANND how did Brady go in his 1st match as senior coach?
Playing Swinburne Uni this week, should be a good contest. Still a lot of new players to get used to playing with, and a few getting used to the step up they'll have to make in 2012.

Caulfield also have a few from the country down. One of our players recognised one from Lavington in the O&M who he reckons will be great for Caulfield. They seem pretty enthusiastic about the coming year's chances!

Yeah watched the game on Saturday. Skye had at least 6 of there best out but that's what happens in practice games. Mordy were a few players short of there best also. Skye looked pretty good though::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah watched the game on Saturday. Skye had at least 6 of there best out but that's what happens in practice games. Mordy were a few players short of there best also. Skye looked pretty good though::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Skye looked quite sharp and organised. Seems as though they have worked hard on their game plans/set ups and should go into the season as flag favourites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back