SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the Swallows enjoyed an influx of the folding Mawsons. Eagle, Crozz and D.Train are gunna stretch the points. Hard to hide these in a list.
Read the post again VH, no D.Train... Eagle & Crozz are 1 pointers in my mind, although there probably will be a hat passed around for Eagle's services..

Read the post again VH, no D.Train... Eagle & Crozz are 1 pointers in my mind, although there probably will be a hat passed around for Eagle's services..

One point for each of those ? Are you trying to infuriate the Swallows. Reckon you are way off the mark with your one point. It's like the commentator who was testing his tonsils before that big final when the Green Men got up in the twos a few years back. I recall his call like it's yesterday. 29 and half minutes into the last and green men are 2 points down. "Hickey gathers the lose ball on the wing and steps around a tired opponent like he was standing still, he looks at his options and he's got nothing so he kicks to a contest, it's a good ball and Schnail caught behind again is surprised by the ball coming over the back and takes and lucky grab just inside the forward 50. Could this be Imps last hope, Schnail who has done nothing all day, could he be the match winner, just needs to steady and........he's played on, he's played on Scnail has taken full advantage of his prolific weight advantage and his momentum it's almost pushed him deep into the pocket and noooooo..........he has taken a shot running away from the sticks, don't tell me...don't tell me.....I can't believe it.....I have seen it all..... Thanks Tony

One point for each of those ? Are you trying to infuriate the Swallows. Reckon you are way off the mark with your one point. It's like the commentator who was testing his tonsils before that big final when the Green Men got up in the twos a few years back. I recall his call like it's yesterday. 29 and half minutes into the last and green men are 2 points down. "Hickey gathers the lose ball on the wing and steps around a tired opponent like he was standing still, he looks at his options and he's got nothing so he kicks to a contest, it's a good ball and Schnail caught behind again is surprised by the ball coming over the back and takes and lucky grab just inside the forward 50. Could this be Imps last hope, Schnail who has done nothing all day, could he be the match winner, just needs to steady and........he's played on, he's played on Scnail has taken full advantage of his prolific weight advantage and his momentum it's almost pushed him deep into the pocket and noooooo..........he has taken a shot running away from the sticks, don't tell me...don't tell me.....I can't believe it.....I have seen it all..... Thanks Tony
So glad you got to see that VH, sort of my career rolled into a minute, everyone wonders what the hell i'm doing, just watch in awe coz it's all gold. TH knew he was sending it into Rolls Royce territory, from the moment it left his boot he knew we had it won....!!! and they're 1 pointers, I believe they all played long enough at the club, if not juniors to justify...

So glad you got to see that VH, sort of my career rolled into a minute, everyone wonders what the hell i'm doing, just watch in awe coz it's all gold. TH knew he was sending it into Rolls Royce territory, from the moment it left his boot he knew we had it won....!!! and they're 1 pointers, I believe they all played long enough at the club, if not juniors to justify...

It was the the Wayne Harmes Leo Barry moment in the Sunraysia Resi football when Schnail took off after clunking grab number one 29 minutes into the last. Word around the scribes is, when the Schnail turned on dial and ran towards the pocket and dared to take a bounce, Big Bill called it like a jelly telly tubby on a roller coaster trying to eat another pie, and when that Sherrin went through, Big Bill had an out of body experience that he could never get back. There are some who still whisper that Bill attributes his dramatic weight loss to what is now known fondly known as the, "Thanks Tony, Scnail Run"

Swallows submitted another clearance request for Eagle outta St Albans in the GFL, interesting to see how this one pans out... Super Saints not a happy place atm....

Just want to wish Ash Connick, his players and staff all the best for tomorrow in the interleague game, you look to have picked a good spread of talent, hope they kickstart the climb back into the top 10 of Vic Country Footy for Sunraysia.

Bit quiet on here this year...a few questions

1) can anyone beat Mildura? Seem to be a one-way street to the flag atm
2) surely a new regime for interleague and some new attitudes needed. not Connick's fault but clearly not working. Been a long slide in last 5 - 7 years
3) with Jason Eagle's second transfer being knocked back, will he play footy again this year? any news on this
4) any clubs with big ins or returnees in the second half of the season?

Bit quiet on here this year...a few questions

1) can anyone beat Mildura? Seem to be a one-way street to the flag atm
2) surely a new regime for interleague and some new attitudes needed. not Connick's fault but clearly not working. Been a long slide in last 5 - 7 years
3) with Jason Eagle's second transfer being knocked back, will he play footy again this year? any news on this
4) any clubs with big ins or returnees in the second half of the season?
1) I'm sure they'll get beaten at some stage during the regular season, come finals though I think they'll have the best list and group to get the job done. Too many A graders at this level to be beaten imo...
2) Interleague is a hard one. Speaking to a couple of the players, it's though they just don't connect on the ground. Do they train enough together? I would support a longer campaign with bigger numbers, make it more competitive during the run up to the game. Clubs probably won't like it, but it's a case of the last few years going through the motions rather than the process being a privilege.
3) Eagle's back, lucky for irregular paperwork....
4) Dunno, you heard anything?

Big numbers by the Swallows over the hapless Bulldogs on the weekend. Now sitting in second spot and the spine is looking very strong and with some quality through the mid field are looking the biggest threat to the Demons. If they can get it right and the injury list stays light, they can get the job done in September. Who would stop Eagle kicking plenty with the delivery he enjoyed on Saturday ?

Big numbers by the Swallows over the hapless Bulldogs on the weekend. Now sitting in second spot and the spine is looking very strong and with some quality through the mid field are looking the biggest threat to the Demons. If they can get it right and the injury list stays light, they can get the job done in September. Who would stop Eagle kicking plenty with the delivery he enjoyed on Saturday ?
It's more a case of making sure the Swallows midfield continue to work and deliver into the forward line. They have been sporadic this year with their ball movement, I think the coaching staff are still finding the balance in the back 6 and mids. A fit Eaton is a huge plus and if he can play in the midfield and forward, they tend to move the ball better. If they can sustain improvement towards the finals, head-to-head with the Demons will be a cracker. I'm still not convinced about the Swallows, the consistency of effort will need to be on display for the second half of the year. If they play their roles, they'll cause some damage. As for stopping Eagle, if the Irymple mids and half backs fire, I don't think anyone in the league will be able to clamp him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time you got back on board. The silverware will be at Henshilwood Oval come September and the perennial chokers will be still wondering what happened

About time you got back on board. The silverware will be at Henshilwood Oval come September and the perennial chokers will be still wondering what happened
Two things you don't do in June, win premierships and assume only 2 teams will be in the big dance...
No-one has beaten Mildura season to date, therefore they must be favorites. There are 2 teams on 20 points in second spot, and 4 teams outside the top 4 by only 1 game (including the best season ending side of the last 2 years Red Cliffs). Anyone from 1st to 7th could play in the GF this year in my opinion, still a long way to go....

Need to modify my opinion after the weekends games, reckon Red Cliffs season is teetering, and South have lately just stank the joint up after their great start to the year, Mildura still favourites (should win it), Swallows doing a lot of things right, Merbein and Ouyen should and will challenge at the pointy end... Hate writing off teams, but Imps and the Tigers may cause some chaos during the season, but won't play in the GF

A bit light on for some substance here Schnail. Prepared to make a call on who won't make the last game of the season but no such fortitude when it comes to putting ya scrubby reputation on the line. A couple fence sitting comments regarding Ouyen & Merbs but otherwise a bit of chin dribble

A bit light on for some substance here Schnail. Prepared to make a call on who won't make the last game of the season but no such fortitude when it comes to putting ya scrubby reputation on the line. A couple fence sitting comments regarding Ouyen & Merbs but otherwise a bit of chin dribble
Only enough room in the keyboard gutter for one Vanderhum, and considering you have residency, I'll remain conservative in my position.
Down to four imo..
Mildura
Irymple
Ouyen
Merbein

Only enough room in the keyboard gutter for one Vanderhum, and considering you have residency, I'll remain conservative in my position.
Down to four imo..
Mildura
Irymple
Ouyen
Merbein

Irymple comfortably over Ouyen would seem to have drawn a line between the top two and the rest Schnail, so I am thinking you could commit to a Swallows v Demons play off for the silverware? And who for the medal and you can't chose 45 players, have a crack at 3 you think will be there when Big Bill calls the final round

Josh martin should be in contention but im unsure how many games his missed, Ash rowe from merbein has had a ripper year to date are my top 2.

Andrew Richardson is my pick for the medal, class and speed, his couple of years in the GFL with Joeys and GWSP has helped develop him into a more accomplished player. Ash Rowe has been good also, I reckon Ben Duscher will take some votes from him. My roughie is (if he can be called that, awesome player) is Lovett, red cliffs have good second half of the season periods running into September, he'll pick up plenty between now and then.

Anyone got a solution to Souths woes?
More recruits than anyone else, seem to have the cash. What's gone wrong at no.3?

Yesterday's results tend to indicate the league is tightening up. All results open at the last change which is healthy for the comp and whilst I don't like to skite, the chokers are coming back to the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back