SFNL Div 1 2018

Who wins the 2018 SFNL Div 1 premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all brand new to this. Just thought I would share with you some news I heard today at Port Colts sportsman’s luncheon,by the way great day great line up . Paul licuria ,David Schwarz , Danny Frawley , Glen Jacovich , Billy Brownless , Dan Kelly (UFC fighter) Comendian Doug Chappell jnr and hosted by Matt Pillious.Very funny day and well organised. But what was interesting was and the end of the day the President announced that they had signed as there new senior coach former Western Bulldog player Lindsay Gilbee. Heard club heading in right direction to be competitive in Div1 only time will tell .

Hi all brand new to this. Just thought I would share with you some news I heard today at Port Colts sportsman’s luncheon,by the way great day great line up . Paul licuria ,David Schwarz , Danny Frawley , Glen Jacovich , Billy Brownless , Dan Kelly (UFC fighter) Comendian Doug Chappell jnr and hosted by Matt Pillious.Very funny day and well organised. But what was interesting was and the end of the day the President announced that they had signed as there new senior coach former Western Bulldog player Lindsay Gilbee. Heard club heading in right direction to be competitive in Div1 only time will tell .
New hey?

You sure you just aren’t the confident Parkf00ty who was asking where finals were going to be played in div 2 first week of a new thread being opened up?

No mate I have no reason to be anyone else . I don’t understand why you would ask that question , just thought I would share some info I was privy to hear.

Hearing WRFL gun, multiple team of the year and 100 goal kicker. Jase Perkins is heading back to port Melbourne.. Leo Barry you have any news on this?
Would love to get him back maybe with the appointment of Gilbee,players might follow. He was at the sportsman day . Honestly guys I’m not in the inner sanctum but when I hear something I will put it up on here . Ps I’m going to find out who is or was Parkfooty. Personally I think appointments like Gilbee is a win for the league as well. And that can only be a good thing in making the SFNL stronger.

Would love to get him back maybe with the appointment of Gilbee,players might follow. He was at the sportsman day . Honestly guys I’m not in the inner sanctum but when I hear something I will put it up on here . Ps I’m going to find out who is or was Parkfooty. Personally I think appointments like Gilbee is a win for the league as well. And that can only be a good thing in making the SFNL stronger.

Spot on, appointments like this will only raise the profile of the league and potentially attract some more high level talent. Also makes other clubs up the ante

The Top Sefnl clubs would be too big in their current form. Would be going back to the days of Noble and Balwyn domination. It’s an interesting discussion. What’s more attractive to the league, a much stronger top end in div 1 but no chance for others to bridge the gap or an even, competitive competition where playing finals isn’t that far out of reach for all clubs?

It’s whats killed the sefnl. No one can compete with the big 3. No one wants to play in a comp where the best finish most clubs can hope for is 4th place.

I know my club Doveton wouldn’t be keen on another Doveton in the same competition either.

Why couldn't it develop into a great cross town rivalry?

Not a good thing. Another black eye for the league.
The league is all at sea at the moment & the SFNL Board need to be held to account. A) for the appointment of someone not seeing out their term B) for being bedazzled by the resume rather than appointing someone with football experience & C) for doing deals in the interim heavily favouring some teams whilst no one was in the CEO's chair. This bloke wasn't even brought up to speed on the salary cap & player points policy until clubs brought it to his attention. Add to the fact that the SFNL Board have had 2 board members resign this season just gone. Lets hope the next person is appointed with an AFL Victoria recommendation. Or maybe go to the office next door *knock knock "Hi Sarah Loh, can we catch up for a coffee?" May it's what the league needs: a woman's touch

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league is all at sea at the moment & the SFNL Board need to be held to account. A) for the appointment of someone not seeing out their term B) for being bedazzled by the resume rather than appointing someone with football experience & C) for doing deals in the interim heavily favouring some teams whilst no one was in the CEO's chair. This bloke wasn't even brought up to speed on the salary cap & player points policy until clubs brought it to his attention. Add to the fact that the SFNL Board have had 2 board members resign this season just gone. Lets hope the next person is appointed with an AFL Victoria recommendation. Or maybe go to the office next door *knock knock "Hi Sarah Loh, can we catch up for a coffee?" May it's what the league needs: a woman's touch
I think appointments and decisions made by afl vic recommendation of recent times have been far from successful so that wouldn’t be the way to go. They have more problems than our comp.

And the player points debacle was not Palmers fault. The policy was coming for 2 years before it was enforced this year and our comp had no idea how to administer it and had done zero preparation. I would imagine he would have been stunned to walk into that storm which was well and truly upon us before he started.

I do agree that HQ needs some more people with recent footy experience in key posts like CEO.

I think some club representation at board level would be great also.

They could do worse than asking Adam sparrow to take the wheel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back