SFNL Div 1 2018

Who wins the 2018 SFNL Div 1 premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy, the league will have to go through all clubs in all divisions to sort this out. Its not just a Div 1 issue, there are at least 3 Div 2 clubs rumoured to have made the same mistakes, 1 in particular being a game off top spot is well over. If it needs to be discussed further with the league then get it sorted now otherwise the whole comp will be laughing stock and the finals will be a farce. My suggestion would be leave well alone for this season, whats done is done and allow clubs to get on with playing footy. To the lesser clubs who are crying foul, just try to win a few games.

If you're referring to Beena, it's all rumour with no truth to it.

Only other one you could be referring to is Keysey?

Billy, the league will have to go through all clubs in all divisions to sort this out. Its not just a Div 1 issue, there are at least 3 Div 2 clubs rumoured to have made the same mistakes, 1 in particular being a game off top spot is well over. If it needs to be discussed further with the league then get it sorted now otherwise the whole comp will be laughing stock and the finals will be a farce. My suggestion would be leave well alone for this season, whats done is done and allow clubs to get on with playing footy. To the lesser clubs who are crying foul, just try to win a few games.

Agree with much of what you say BSA but unfortunately as the genie is already out of the bottle it has to be resolved and can’t be held over until next year or just swept under the carpet. Both clubs in the frame are legitimate flag chances. In fact one is probably favourite. Can you imagine the outcry if one of those clubs win the flag? Right or wrong the clubs will be accused of cheating and of winning a tainted premiership which means this fiasco will roll over into next year and beyond. It needs to be resolved now so we can move on.

Agree with much of what you say BSA but unfortunately as the genie is already out of the bottle it has to be resolved and can’t be held over until next year or just swept under the carpet. Both clubs in the frame are legitimate flag chances. In fact one is probably favourite. Can you imagine the outcry if one of those clubs win the flag? Right or wrong the clubs will be accused of cheating and of winning a tainted premiership which means this fiasco will roll over into next year and beyond. It needs to be resolved now so we can move on.

The point is BTL is that the both clubs have copped their whack and their case should be done and dusted.[ loss of 4 points and $1,000 fine ]. End of story for them unless they breach the rules again or make an honest mistake. Now its up to the powers to investigate all the other clubs if they believe there is rampant points being smudged. If the league need assistance then just ring up BFNC and they should be able to help.

The point is BTL is that the both clubs have copped their whack and their case should be done and dusted.[ loss of 4 points and $1,000 fine ]. End of story for them unless they breach the rules again or make an honest mistake. Now its up to the powers to investigate all the other clubs if they believe there is rampant points being smudged. If the league need assistance then just ring up BFNC and they should be able to help.

No the clubs haven’t “copped their whack” they are still continuing to play players and giving them the incorrect points. Until they put the right points down without their “adjustments” the competition isn’t level.

No the clubs haven’t “copped their whack” they are still continuing to play players and giving them the incorrect points. Until they put the right points down without their “adjustments” the competition isn’t level.
That's BS, maybe you are just sour because your club may have copped a whacking. There's 18 players on the field at any one time, can't tell me 1 or 2 points on players ratings are going to make a difference when you have to get the ball and play some decent footy.

That's BS, maybe you are just sour because your club may have copped a whacking. There's 18 players on the field at any one time, can't tell me 1 or 2 points on players ratings are going to make a difference when you have to get the ball and play some decent footy.

I agree with what you're saying BSA but flip side of the argument is: what if a player is marked lower in points and he kicks 3 goals for the game and his team wins by goal or two? I think that's what a few teams have a bee in their bonnet about

I agree to an extent, however if a club can recruit two/three of their best new players because they are listing them as theee points when they are actually four pointers then that is a pretty clear advantage from breaking the rules

A few weeks back Port Colts lost to Chelsea heights by 3 points. Because of points Port had to play Cal Cathcart in the reserves. I have absolutely no doubt that had he played Colts would have won. Port Colts had to manage their player points so as not to exceed the cap and it probably cost them a game.

I don’t know whether EM or StKC are guilty or not but player points does impact on team selection and more broadly may have influenced off-season recruitment.

A few weeks back Port Colts lost to Chelsea heights by 3 points. Because of points Port had to play Cal Cathcart in the reserves. I have absolutely no doubt that had he played Colts would have won. Port Colts had to manage their player points so as not to exceed the cap and it probably cost them a game.

I don’t know whether EM or StKC are guilty or not but player points does impact on team selection and more broadly may have influenced off-season recruitment.
He didn’t play because they were managing points!!! Is that true!!??

Absolutely its true. Their PPV for that round was 45. Cal is a 4 pointer. They couldn’t fit him in and he played in the 2s. If they gave a couple of other players a points 'hair cut' he could have played and they likely would have won.

And now we are getting to the crux of the problem. This is ongoing, the port colts example is perfect.it is obvious they are playing players under a points system that other teams were not allowed to follow therefore they “get” to pick who they like. I imagine if there 3 pointer recruits were all of a sudden four pointers those first five games and maybe even this next round might of had different outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now we are getting to the crux of the problem. This is ongoing, the port colts example is perfect.it is obvious they are playing players under a points system that other teams were not allowed to follow therefore they “get” to pick who they like. I imagine if there 3 pointer recruits were all of a sudden four pointers those first five games and maybe even this next round might of had different outcomes.
Give me a spell.

Sorry Bruce but give me a spell doesn’t explain anything??? Do you think that only some teams should follow the rules? Is it fair that some teams have been given points exemptions and others haven’t?? Where is the transperancy of the SFL. This should of been fixed and minimum a statement in the record their publication about what has been done to prevent this from happening again and how they have audited EVERY clubs players and points standings.....
Crickets

Currently the leagues silence is deafening

I would like to know what influence or involvement SFNL Chairman Marc Gauci had in approving East Malvern’s dispensation & the decisions to reject other clubs applications to receive it, given there was an absence of a league CEO at the time

What
I would like to know what influence or involvement SFNL Chairman Marc Gauci had in approving East Malvern’s dispensation & the decisions to reject other clubs applications to receive it, given there was an absence of a league CEO at the time
What dispensations were given and which ones were rejected?? The league CEO was in place at start of year. The operations manager handles the points

What

What dispensations were given and which ones were rejected?? The league CEO was in place at start of year. The operations manager handles the points
Hmmm the plot thickens then...

Call me Robin Hood for drawing a long bow, but given the CEO started his appointment on March 19th of this year, there seems to have been a lot of East Malvern players' clearances rushed through, (some of which are those with shaved points) just days before his start date

I find this extremely amusing, why would PC play one of the best players in the comp who they recruited on big $ in the 2's ????? I would suggest that his injury may have been managed for that game ? Surely there would have a been a fringe player they could have dropped to fit in Cal ???

I find this extremely amusing, why would PC play one of the best players in the comp who they recruited on big $ in the 2's ????? I would suggest that his injury may have been managed for that game ? Surely there would have a been a fringe player they could have dropped to fit in Cal ???
Cut it out BSA your displaying too much common sense for this forum

Hmmm the plot thickens then...

Call me Robin Hood for drawing a long bow, but given the CEO started his appointment on March 19th of this year, there seems to have been a lot of East Malvern players' clearances rushed through, (some of which are those with shaved points) just days before his start date
Such as?

I’m sure Port Colts didn’t find it all that amusing. It was due to points an nothing else. Juggling players was considered but removing one fringe player and selecting Cal would still leave them over the cap.

I guess this is the PPV doing what it was meant to do and discourage club hopping, particularly between clubs in the same competition. Under the PPV policy Cal went from a 3 to a 4 on the basis he would be playing against his previous club.

I’m sure Port Colts didn’t find it all that amusing. It was due to points an nothing else. Juggling players was considered but removing one fringe player and selecting Cal would still leave them over the cap.

I guess this is the PPV doing what it was meant to do and discourage club hopping, particularly between clubs in the same competition. Under the PPV policy Cal went from a 3 to a 4 on the basis he would be playing against his previous club.

Hmmm how does Cal feel about it all-VFL to SFL seconds ! Points cap and a salary cap much to ponder.

well they could taken a two or three point fringe player out and put in cal who is a 4 pointer because they were on 45 points 2 points under cap. So maybe there was another reason for him playing 2s.

well they could taken a two or three point fringe player out and put in cal who is a 4 pointer because they were on 45 points 2 points under cap. So maybe there was another reason for him playing 2s.
Yes WB, there has to be another reason. PC are playing for their existence in DIV 1 and decide to play their best player in the 2's, maybe they're in with the Indian bookmakers and getting some cabbage to drop games. Seriously though, I know he was struggling a bit with his early injury, and we've had the rest last week so my tip is that he'll be playing next week. I guess the fringe players may have to take their turn now in the 2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back