SFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moorabbin new thug house leader with Murrumbeena coming through with 5 weeks.

The 3 weeks I contributed to murrumbeena was for a sling tackle, which wasn't intentional from my end but still considered dangerous for potential to get seriously injured so i'll take my medicine. We also had 3 weeks against Chelsea, also "sling/rough conduct tackles" with one of the blokes not challenging because he was headed to europe for a holiday and the other was extremely stiff so hardly thug acts from our mob.

Last edited:
It is what it is.

20 weeks handed down last week, how good is this league going. So many young guys banging the doors down to join. Wonder what our interim CEO is doing other than staring at his unopened boxes.

5 weeks to a Moorabbin guy for kneeing and 6 weeks to the Heatherton Presidents son for head butting...did someone say something about fruit falling from a tree? Old Johnny, wonder if the old Dinnasour was proud with that one?

Last edited:
The 3 weeks I contributed to murrumbeena was for a sling tackle, which wasn't intentional from my end but still considered dangerous for potential to get seriously injured so i'll take my medicine. We also had 3 weeks against Chelsea, also "sling/rough conduct tackles" with one of the blokes not challenging because he was headed to europe for a holiday and the other was extremely stiff so hardly thug acts from our mob.
A lot of very minor stuff being thrown up by the MRP. We’ve had a central umpire come in to tribunal as our witness saying they saw the “incident” clearly and there was nothing in it yet the mrp still gave 2 weeks, and we’ve had a couple of players accept set penalties for weak charges as they were injured and not playing the next week.

We saw a Skye bloke get weeks against us for a very light bump, slightly late. Both players kept their feet, our player pushed him back in the chest in response. Nothing more in it.

Not sure you’d see such light charges get brought up in any other Comp.

I’d like to see the MRP dial back the sensitivity just a touch.

A lot of very minor stuff being thrown up by the MRP. We’ve had a central umpire come in to tribunal as our witness saying they saw the “incident” clearly and there was nothing in it yet the mrp still gave 2 weeks, and we’ve had a couple of players accept set penalties for weak charges as they were injured and not playing the next week.

We saw a Skye bloke get weeks against us for a very light bump, slightly late. Both players kept their feet, our player pushed him back in the chest in response. Nothing more in it.

There’s an absolutism that has crept into organised sport which is disconcerting.

Create the appearance of a crisis. Implement draconian measures and systems to address crisis. Call it “Zero Tolerance”. When presented with unintended adverse consequences and injustices for individuals caught up in said measures “make no apology” for measures to address said crisis. Wonder why the mob are getting seemingly angrier. Implement draconian measures to suppress anger. Call it “Zero Tolerance.” “Make no apology for....”

Accountability to clubs, players, members, and volunteers dispersed with.

Last edited:

Spot on. The king hits and the intentional stuff I have no problems with, but the rough conduct ones can be a lucky dip.

I heard city were robbed after the siren yesterday. Didn’t see the game but from what I was told was disgraceful combined with some very dubious 50m penalties in the last few minutes.

I heard city were robbed after the siren yesterday. Didn’t see the game but from what I was told was disgraceful combined with some very dubious 50m penalties in the last few minutes.
That's BS about City, umpires did a great job considering the conditions, the game was a ripper and could have gone either way at the end. Some penalties dealt out were for mouthing off and umpire abuse after the decisions were awarded. No-7 for city gave a 100 metre.

Having spoke to a couple people around the ground from Saturday’s game down at city.

A 50m was awarded late after a dubious free kick with roughly 3-4 Minutes left on the clock and numerous 50s were delivered to both teams. Having seen a couple of St Kilda games in the past and 2 games this season, it is fair to say as an onlooker they are on the receiving end of bad calls. I’m not sure what it is with them but in some cases over the past 3-4 years it seems they don’t get dealt a fair hand.

Please keep in mind the game on the weekend is only something I’m been told.

In other news dingley are coming good! And chelt have lost 2 in a row? The season is heating up.

Can anybody tell me the last time an umpire changed his/her mind after receiving a spray? Never seen it, but all these players believe it will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should be an interesting week off footy

interested to see the results in:

cheltenham vs st pauls

bentleigh vs port

st kilda vs mordialloc

St. Paul’s seem to be shot? Depth not there and a huge reality check against a side that was on a mission to regain the attention of the league.

Port colts let go of a 8 goal lead to get run over the top off by bentleigh

City ended all of mordiallocs hopes of September action in a win away from home.

To me there is 3 who can win it and IMO dingley will play east Malvern in the final.

With highetts coach moving on from coaching to focus on family who is the front runner for that spot?

Will there be any other coaching changes around the league? Bentleigh, st kilda, mordialloc?

St. Paul’s seem to be shot? Depth not there and a huge reality check against a side that was on a mission to regain the attention of the league. If Chelt get the yips in the finals, look out for a massive finger pointing exercise.

Port colts let go of a 8 goal lead to get run over the top off by Bentleigh - Port stopped, got far too ahead of themselves and too cockey after kicking the first goal of the last quarter, massive choke.

City ended all of mordiallocs hopes of September action in a win away from home. Not surprised, City have a good record down at the Mordi ground, too fast for the slow bloodhounds.

To me there is 3 who can win it and IMO dingley will play east Malvern in the final. Fair chance

With highetts coach moving on from coaching to focus on family who is the front runner for that spot? Who cares

Will there be any other coaching changes around the league? Bentleigh, st kilda, mordialloc? Fair chance

See that flog pinching wallets from the Colts rooms?

Rumour has it he’s a 2’s player from their opposition last weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back