SFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
umpires were disputing each other at the city colts game . Didn’t influence the end result but it was funny to watch the umpires argue with each other’s decisions

Write East Malvern off at your own peril. The competition has jumped in standard significantly and have played 2 teams that will feature in the finals in first 2 rounds
This year could see the top 6 seperated by just a couple of games

Write East Malvern off at your own peril. The competition has jumped in standard significantly and have played 2 teams that will feature in the finals in first 2 rounds
This year could see the top 6 seperated by just a couple of games

City a finals team after the Port colts game ?

Umpiring in the SFNL is the worst I’ve ever seen. 50m penalties being given for players asking why a free was paid. Free kicks reversed for a push in the chest. One game in div1 - a free kick was given, a player from the same team that got the free yelled out “s**t umpiring ump” to try and milk a 50 and the umpire was sucked in and gave the 50. Deplorable.

Umpiring in the SFNL is the worst I’ve ever seen. 50m penalties being given for players asking why a free was paid. Free kicks reversed for a push in the chest. One game in div1 - a free kick was given, a player from the same team that got the free yelled out “s**t umpiring ump” to try and milk a 50 and the umpire was sucked in and gave the 50. Deplorable.

I saw this in the game I was at as well. Kids wanting to get put on VFL umpiring lists are watching too much TV (AFL games) and mimicking new AFL umpiring interpretations of the rules, when they haven't been changed at local level. I saw this creep in 3 years ago when the AFL brought in the strict deliberate out of bounds rules. SFNL umpires should be banned from watching Friday night footy.

Who won out of Chelt and Bentleigh yesterday? Can’t believe the scores still haven’t been updated online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the bottom 3;

Bentleigh
Highett
Oakleigh

St Kilda City, East Malvern and St Paul’s fighting it out for that 5th spot.

The rest should mix it up in the top 4.

Having said that though, we are only 2 rounds in.

Gee this MRP stuff will sure weed out the thugs in our league. Just saw the Endevour Hills v Clayton incident missed by the umpires and no report. MRP he got 4 weeks and closer to pissing off from playing the big slug. Think it got another thug from a lower division last year tipping him over the 16 weeks bringing in a lot of self interest tears. One of the better iniatives new the league.

Gee this MRP stuff will sure weed out the thugs in our league. Just saw the Endevour Hills v Clayton incident missed by the umpires and no report. MRP he got 4 weeks and closer to pissing off from playing the big slug. Think it got another thug from a lower division last year tipping him over the 16 weeks bringing in a lot of self interest tears. One of the better iniatives new the league.
think your being a bit harsh on the Clayton guy. The End Hills player was pushed from behind and accelerated into the hip and shoulder. Ball was between the two of them as well from memory. Unlucky for the End Hills player and perhaps the Clayton guy could have pulled out of the contest but I wouldn’t call that a thug act.

Agree that the video should weed out thug acts generally speaking though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back