SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed mate. If air travel is back up and running - I’d be shocked if local sport doesn’t go ahead. Other states are playing - if only Victoria can’t - we have a serious issue.
When you look at the way QLD is going with AFL and NRL, there should be no reason why footy in Victoria will not start on time.
Only Dan will know I suppose.
Any news on cricket season, local and subbies.

Clearances window open, any big signings. I think St Kilda City will be busy along with Mordialloc.

Graeme Yeats to coach Port Colts. "Great Get" well done.
Just signed Marley Williams during the week

Any news here. A few I know thats going to Southern;
INS.
Dingley - Andrew Godfrey (Eastern Div 1)
Port Colts Marley Williams ex Collingwood
East Malvern - Tom Preece , and a couple of country B&F,s in Adrian Crawford and Reece Duffield
St Kilda City- Potts (Pines)

EXITS
Bentleigh -Matt Troutbeck and Tom Backman- MPNFL, lost the Irishman ex Melbourne as well.

INS.
East Malvern - Tom Preece , and a couple of country B&F,s in Adrian Crawford and Reece Duffield

EXITS
Bentleigh -Matt Troutbeck and Tom Backman- MPNFL, lost the Irishman ex Melbourne as well.

Arent Dane Swan and Dan Connors off to StKilda City?

INS.

EXITS
It just appears that Bentleigh seems to have lost quite a number of players who came through their junior ranks. Is it all about the money???

Stkilda city flag is my tip. Ridiculous ins.

relegation - Oakleigh

top5:

Dingley, StKilda, Cheltenham, Port Colts, Mordialloc

Stkilda city flag is my tip. Ridiculous ins.

relegation - Oakleigh

top5:

Dingley, StKilda, Cheltenham, Port Colts, Mordialloc

Huge call, didn't make finals in 2019 even with some high profile inclusions, have lost Purvis, Hansen and Hartung from that side. Most of the inclusions are 30+ and then a good mix of younger guys that have come through their successful u19 program. Will be a big task for young coach Matty Hoy to get them to gel together but I would still have Port Colts and Dingley as the favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 predictions

Cheltenham, Port Colts & Dingley clear top 3 for mine.

others to round out the 5 - St Kilda, St Pauls and Bentleigh

Big ins for Port and Cheltenham (not much talk about them, were the best team all last home and away season and have picked up 3-4 solid VFL players) Dingley are always solid, haven't lost and have picked up Hansen (city) and Justin Van-unen (64 goals for Wandin in 2019)

City will be clear improvers if they bleed their youth, I noticed they played a lot of kids in the back end of last season, tested some of finals bounds teams, and played exciting footy. will improve greater with some experience likes potts, Edwards, Connors and off course Swan. will be interesting to see if they get some VFL players back?

I'm extremely excited to see what the year holds, the covid break hasn't been a bad thing for community footy. it seems clubs have attracted local players who are chasing money in the country (previously) to stick around and play the metro - I would suggest they realize playing close to home and spending time with family is far more attractive than chasing a couple of extra bucks hours away.

Top 5 predictions

Cheltenham, Port Colts & Dingley clear top 3 for mine.

others to round out the 5 - St Kilda, St Pauls and Bentleigh

Big ins for Port and Cheltenham (not much talk about them, were the best team all last home and away season and have picked up 3-4 solid VFL players) Dingley are always solid, haven't lost and have picked up Hansen (city) and Justin Van-unen (64 goals for Wandin in 2019)

City will be clear improvers if they bleed their youth, I noticed they played a lot of kids in the back end of last season, tested some of finals bounds teams, and played exciting footy. will improve greater with some experience likes potts, Edwards, Connors and off course Swan. will be interesting to see if they get some VFL players back?

I'm extremely excited to see what the year holds, the covid break hasn't been a bad thing for community footy. it seems clubs have attracted local players who are chasing money in the country (previously) to stick around and play the metro - I would suggest they realize playing close to home and spending time with family is far more attractive than chasing a couple of extra bucks hours away.

Van Unen wow... that’s big

Few players out, they were a well oiled team.
Team had a lot of twos players in it

Yes, Mordialloc is a smart operation. Would have liked to see how their depth is travelling, always a sign of a good football club with a plan (as Mordialloc are). I know they lost quite a few but the word is they have a good crop of young fellas coming along. Mordy have shown in the past they can have 1-2 down seasons rebuilding then have 5-6 good years at the top of Div 1.

Few players out, they were a well oiled team.
Team had a lot of twos players in it

When I was at Beena we played them and got smashed by 100+ points, I was surprised at how well drilled they were around stoppages and with their ball movement so comes as no surprise they beat Mordi.

When I was at Beena we played them and got smashed by 100+ points, I was surprised at how well drilled they were around stoppages and with their ball movement so comes as no surprise they beat Mordi.
To the contrary I was really surprised at the result. I know you can’t take much away from practice games but believe Waverley Blues third tier EFL. Have lost some talent but I like Mordy. Working their backside off as a club and despite being in an area awash with clubs have managed to get U19s up and running this year. Good effort in a tough environment.

On another note - Van Unen huge get for the Dingoes. Their coffers musty be full as he is a north of 1K week player. Have seen him play and while getting on in years will take the P155. Dingley has become a real foreign legion. Credit to them as they have become a real club of choice for players from other leagues.

On another, another note - I know this is a Div 1 page but what's happening at Beena? Have heard they are in all sorts.

They were just bigger bodies in the midfield, their spread was pretty good made it easier to hit targets in the fwd line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back