SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Morwood ?

St.Pauls v Beena praccy match should be good, no doubt a bit of banter there.

Top 5:

Chelt
Dingley
Colts
St. Pauls
City
Interesting you have City in the 5, have picked up Connors, Kelm and few others but not even going close to replacing what they have lost with Cam Hansen, Aaron Purves, Billy Hartung & Jesse Firebrace all leaving. They have a young inexperienced coach so really hard to see how they improve on last year.

Interesting you have City in the 5, have picked up Connors, Kelm and few others but not even going close to replacing what they have lost with Cam Hansen, Aaron Purves, Billy Hartung & Jesse Firebrace all leaving. They have a young inexperienced coach so really hard to see how they improve on last year.

wheres Purvis gone?

There is rumours around Purvis is having a year off, I’m not sure how true they are.

St. Paul’s are extremely well coached and that comment is just outrageous. Completely disagree with that comment.

plenty of people are respecting city’s youth from what I’ve heard. Interesting to see how they go, could be an interesting one.

Great post. I played one season under Jase at Doggies and he's one of the best coaches I've played under. Has a knack at connecting with the younger players and got the most out of a young 2017/2018 list that not many rated. Those who know football know that he's a great coach.

Get back there for a flag tilt.

Oh yah Shane.:hand:
Old Dogs Ambrose, Lewis and Kitchen Verses young dogs. Where and when ??
Shane Morwood ?

St.Pauls v Beena praccy match should be good, no doubt a bit of banter there.

Top 5:

Chelt
Dingley
Colts
St. Pauls
City

Beena also got St Kilda City so i guess we will see first hand how they are shaping up for 2020

I seen on socials that headquarters have finally reacted and starting to take the u19s seriously. I really like the rule changes, allowing a game to be played with 16 makes sense and can definitely see this helping the clubs struggling for numbers.. not sure about making the minimum 12 players on a field, that would become quite farcical in practice.

Removing affiliation fees is a no brainer, and hopefully this removes any reluctance a club might have to try and get an u19s team up.

It would be good if they could attract some of the VAFA teams 2nd or 3rd teams to play in the comp to boost numbers..

Have t say a big tick for Hartman, hopefully the league continues with some progressive thinking.

I seen on socials that headquarters have finally reacted and starting to take the u19s seriously. I really like the rule changes, allowing a game to be played with 16 makes sense and can definitely see this helping the clubs struggling for numbers.. not sure about making the minimum 12 players on a field, that would become quite farcical in practice.

Removing affiliation fees is a no brainer, and hopefully this removes any reluctance a club might have to try and get an u19s team up.

It would be good if they could attract some of the VAFA teams 2nd or 3rd teams to play in the comp to boost numbers..

Have t say a big tick for Hartman, hopefully the league continues with some progressive thinking.
Agreed. Not sure the VAFA is going to lift a finger to help the SFL.

Anyone going to have a crack at the League 50 players, say top 3 or so.
For me not in any order; Noddles (Dingley) Krem (St Pauls) and Carey (E. Malvern) B&F last year. I would also put in a few from Port and City (but don't know much about them but hear big wraps all the same) Smart (Bentleigh) as well.

Lets hope clubs support under 19's comp, all Div 1 team must have a team you would expect.

Anyone going to have a crack at the League 50 players, say top 3 or so.
For me not in any order; Noddles (Dingley) Krem (St Pauls) and Carey (E. Malvern) B&F last year. I would also put in a few from Port and City (but don't know much about them but hear big wraps all the same) Smart (Bentleigh) as well.

Lets hope clubs support under 19's comp, all Div 1 team must have a team you would expect.
Kwame Mcharg Port Colts will be the best player in the Comp, had over 40 touches in the Granny last year and didn't get BOG, I think its because the umpires see it every week. absolute Gun.

1. Mcharg
2. kreymborg
3. Perkins

the SFNL love walmsley and co. So it will be interesting. Mcharg best player in the Comp by the length of Flemington straight.

i after with Tabakman as mentioned above, he is one to watch this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

City putting together a nice list of recruits.. Look to be very well balanced and could be a dark horse..

Former Casey VFL player Dylan Collis has joined St Kilda City.​

St Kilda City has made another notable signing for 2020, securing former VFL and Eastern league player Dylan Collis.

Collis ran pen over paper and trained with City last night.

The left-footer, originally from Garfield, has joined the Southern league scene after stints at Eastern Division 1 powers Balwyn and Noble Park.

He has been on the Casey Demons’ list for the past four years, playing 25 senior games.

“He’s the sort of bloke you want to play footy with, because he always has your back,’’ former Casey coach Justin Plapp once said of Collis.

“The point of difference he has over a lot of other players is that he’s as tough as nails. He runs straight at the footy. He hangs his hat on his hardness and he uses it to his advantage in games. He’s a no-frills type of player who goes about with a strong competitive spirit. You can coach him hard, tell him how it is, and he accepts everything you say to him.’’

Collis, 26, figured in two senior premierships at Garfield before joining Noble Park in 2015.

Devlin Brereton playing for Sandringham Dragons.

He made Casey’s list in 2016 and played 11 senior games in his first year.

St Kilda City will go into 2020 with a long list of recruits, the most high-profile former Richmond and Port Melbourne VFL player Dan Connors, who has moved into the area.

Sullivan played 16 senior games but missed the grand final.

Powerful Shem Tatupu, who was with Frankston in the VFL last year, has also returned, strengthening the Saints’ stock of big men.

Devlin Brereton, the son of AFL great Dermott, has signed with City as he attempts to make the Frankston list.

A clever forward, Brereton played for Sandringham Dragons and Eastern Ranges in the NAB League.

Tevita Hallett-Tauali’I, who was also at Eastern Ranges in 2018, has also landed at the Peanut Farm.

He played 10 senior games at Mt Evelyn last year.

Queenscliff’s Daniel De Gois has joined St Kilda City.

Other signings include:

* Daniel De Gois, a century goalkicker with Queenscliff in 2014.

* Oscar Glover from Collegians.

* David Manning from Robina AFL Queensland.

In another positive, New Zealand youngsters Misilifi Faimalo and Josh Morgan-Ranui are back for second seasons with the Saints.

Last year both figured in City’s Under 19 premiership team, from which Matt McNaughton and Tyrell Lafituanai will progress to the seniors.

St Kilda City will also get a full season from classy Jordan Tabakman, who with former AFL player Billy Hartung joined the club mid-season.

Hartung has crossed to the SANFL.

City putting together a nice list of recruits.. Look to be very well balanced and could be a dark horse..

Former Casey VFL player Dylan Collis has joined St Kilda City.​

St Kilda City has made another notable signing for 2020, securing former VFL and Eastern league player Dylan Collis.

Collis ran pen over paper and trained with City last night.

The left-footer, originally from Garfield, has joined the Southern league scene after stints at Eastern Division 1 powers Balwyn and Noble Park.

He has been on the Casey Demons’ list for the past four years, playing 25 senior games.

“He’s the sort of bloke you want to play footy with, because he always has your back,’’ former Casey coach Justin Plapp once said of Collis.

“The point of difference he has over a lot of other players is that he’s as tough as nails. He runs straight at the footy. He hangs his hat on his hardness and he uses it to his advantage in games. He’s a no-frills type of player who goes about with a strong competitive spirit. You can coach him hard, tell him how it is, and he accepts everything you say to him.’’

Collis, 26, figured in two senior premierships at Garfield before joining Noble Park in 2015.

Devlin Brereton playing for Sandringham Dragons.

He made Casey’s list in 2016 and played 11 senior games in his first year.

St Kilda City will go into 2020 with a long list of recruits, the most high-profile former Richmond and Port Melbourne VFL player Dan Connors, who has moved into the area.

Sullivan played 16 senior games but missed the grand final.

Powerful Shem Tatupu, who was with Frankston in the VFL last year, has also returned, strengthening the Saints’ stock of big men.

Devlin Brereton, the son of AFL great Dermott, has signed with City as he attempts to make the Frankston list.

A clever forward, Brereton played for Sandringham Dragons and Eastern Ranges in the NAB League.

Tevita Hallett-Tauali’I, who was also at Eastern Ranges in 2018, has also landed at the Peanut Farm.

He played 10 senior games at Mt Evelyn last year.

Queenscliff’s Daniel De Gois has joined St Kilda City.

Other signings include:

* Daniel De Gois, a century goalkicker with Queenscliff in 2014.

* Oscar Glover from Collegians.

* David Manning from Robina AFL Queensland.

In another positive, New Zealand youngsters Misilifi Faimalo and Josh Morgan-Ranui are back for second seasons with the Saints.

Last year both figured in City’s Under 19 premiership team, from which Matt McNaughton and Tyrell Lafituanai will progress to the seniors.

St Kilda City will also get a full season from classy Jordan Tabakman, who with former AFL player Billy Hartung joined the club mid-season.

Hartung has crossed to the SANFL.
With all this external personnel lets hope they have replaced the batteries in the calculator so they can add up to 47 points & $150k.

For now I'd keep the powder dry until round 9 to see if these guns are still there back half of the season

Code:
With all this external personnel lets hope they have replaced the batteries in the calculator so they can add up to 47 points & $150k.

For now I'd keep the powder dry until round 9 to see if these guns are still there back half of the season

should be interesting, we will see. History tells me your right. I would make the same case for port colts. But only time will tell. I always pick the team I think is in the top 4 with the strongest personnel as a club. Hence why I backed dingley in all the way last year when Everyone was raving on about Cheltenham. I will go with dingley as an early pick again this year. But port and city getting names around their club is only a positive for the league.

Doesn't make sense, not sure what tomorrow's meeting with the AFL will change but would take it a guess that they will follow suit.

Any results and/or reviews from the practice matches on the weekend?

What to do with my winter... at least the horses continue to race I suppose, may need to go back to using monkeys as jockeys though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back