SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

When I mentioned "Opinion based" I was taking the piss out of you. The way you are speaking is that you have some sort of inside mail. You are guessing and probably come from a League that has already pulled the pin. 80% of Clubs have pulled out because it's a Financial Risk. 20% of Country Footballers are on big coin and travelling up there from Melbourne for that reason. No Coin = No Footballers, it makes it hard for Country Clubs to proceed. Northern, Eastern and EDFL all pay big coin. VAFA don't pay coin and SFNL would average the least out of player payments compared to most Comps. There are 195 active cases in Vic out of 6 million people. 85% of those cases are in certain suburbs. Whilst it's not helping, I still don't hear the Government jumping on Junior or Senior Sporting Competitions.
VAFA don’t pay coin LOL and I thought today was 29/6/2020 not the 1/4/2020 what’s next a cure for Corona by the end of June.

Gees a poster on a public forum speaking Opinion based. You must be new to this game!

Your comment : “ What would be there (THEIR) mindset in letting Clubs continue to train and potentionaly spread the Virus if there was never any intention on playing Senior Footy?“.

I ask you, what is the mindset of the 80% of leagues who are not proceeding. I would say exactly that this translate to the community where 80% doing right thing and the 20% have a ‘whim and a pray‘ mentality Which is Why the 2nd wave coming. 70 odd new cases today!! You reckon a responsible community minded CEO of a local football league is holding out for some frigging miracle in 7-14 days so he can run a 6 club competition....Really!!

CEO of much bigger leagues made the right decision weeks ago, it’s the try hard CEOs who cant make decisions.

SFNL is not going ahead so Just announce the decision so clubs, their players and volunteers can stop having stress and anxiety over the situation through false hope.
With every post Sonofagun sounds more & more like an SFNL employee.

"Its only 195 active cases out of 6 million"

Well its actually 288 cases now out of 5 million that live in Melbourne

Friday "But its only 566 active cases" why does every team want to pull out?"

VAFA don’t pay coin LOL and I thought today was 29/6/2020 not the 1/4/2020 what’s next a cure for Corona by the end of June.
Clubs don't pay their coin. Wealthy Supporters do. And they offer Jobs. It won't send their Clubs broke which is why most are pulling the pin.

With every post Sonofagun sounds more & more like an SFNL employee.

"Its only 195 active cases out of 6 million"

Well its actually 288 cases now out of 5 million that live in Melbourne

Friday "But its only 566 active cases" why does every team want to pull out?"
Not quite. Just a player who is keen to play footy. But your point is taken. 0.005% of the State has Corona Virus.

Last edited:
When I mentioned "Opinion based" I was taking the piss out of you. The way you are speaking is that you have some sort of inside mail. You are guessing and probably come from a League that has already pulled the pin. 80% of Clubs have pulled out because it's a Financial Risk. 20% of Country Footballers are on big coin and travelling up there from Melbourne for that reason. No Coin = No Footballers, it makes it hard for Country Clubs to proceed. Northern, Eastern and EDFL all pay big coin. VAFA don't pay coin and SFNL would average the least out of player payments compared to most Comps. There are 195 active cases in Vic out of 6 million people. 85% of those cases are in certain suburbs. Whilst it's not helping, I still don't hear the Government jumping on Junior or Senior Sporting Competitions.

Mate your argument is totally incorrect. 80% of SFNL especially Div 2,3 and 4 are under financially burden with a couple virtually bankrupt (Doveton) and you reckon they are all geared up ready to play where they can't make revenue however will be expected to pay umpires, councils, insurance, trainers...what planet are you on.

Highett, Malvern etc took the financial responsibilty of their members to drop out, other club presidents are just living in the dream land created by the SFNL board and CEO.

Also EDFL clubs would not be expected to pay their players in this environment so therefore their decision was because it was the right thing to do in a pandemic and to ensure their club volunteers and players are not living in false hope, under stress and anxious about keeping their club going in this environment.

Would you rather be a volunteer at a club where the season is done and dusted, or one where you are now Responsible for the compliance to a 10 page COVID RTP document. Imaging if a spread occurs at one of these clubs now who are training, how do you think the poor old volunteer would be treated/travelling.

Give me the club volunteer who are putting their feet up at home watching the races or AFL and not have to worry about anything until later in the year

Cannot believe the board members of the SFNL are allowing this charade to continue but when Jobkeeper is about and they need to keep going to 1st July then thats what we are up against.

Again, the SFNL and VAFA season will be cancelled over the next 7 days.

Mate your argument is totally incorrect. 80% of SFNL especially Div 2,3 and 4 are under financially burden with a couple virtually bankrupt (Doveton) and you reckon they are all geared up ready to play where they can't make revenue however will be expected to pay umpires, councils, insurance, trainers...what planet are you on.

Highett, Malvern etc took the financial responsibilty of their members to drop out, other club presidents are just living in the dream land created by the SFNL board and CEO.

Also EDFL clubs would not be expected to pay their players in this environment so therefore their decision was because it was the right thing to do in a pandemic and to ensure their club volunteers and players are not living in false hope, under stress and anxious about keeping their club going in this environment.

Would you rather be a volunteer at a club where the season is done and dusted, or one where you are now Responsible for the compliance to a 10 page COVID RTP document. Imaging if a spread occurs at one of these clubs now who are training, how do you think the poor old volunteer would be treated/travelling.

Give me the club volunteer who are putting their feet up at home watching the races or AFL and not have to worry about anything until later in the year

Cannot believe the board members of the SFNL are allowing this charade to continue but when Jobkeeper is about and they need to keep going to 1st July then thats what we are up against.

Again, the SFNL and VAFA season will be cancelled over the next 7 days.
I guess we will all see in a weeks time then.

Think clubs need to get a bit creative. The footy is probably likely gone but other things can be done. Organise regular weekly golf groups. Or something else the non-golfers will enjoy. Have a club leader take each small group and don’t necessarily just go in groups of mates you hang out with anyway. There’s still benefits to be had for team building for next season and for the mental health side of things.

EDFL are meeting Tuesday to possibly change their minds and have a season and outer East are also progressing with a season. Lots of negativity that is completely wrong. Most on here have no idea. Bar and canteen are allowed and as long as people stay 1.5m away from each other in the crowd it will work. Clubs will have to rely more heavily on players to pull their weight with game day duties such as monitoring the crowds during reserves etc. it’s not going to be hard to get a season going and hopefully a month in the restrictions lift a little and it becomes easier and easier.

EDFL are meeting Tuesday to possibly change their minds and have a season and outer East are also progressing with a season. Lots of negativity that is completely wrong. Most on here have no idea. Bar and canteen are allowed and as long as people stay 1.5m away from each other in the crowd it will work. Clubs will have to rely more heavily on players to pull their weight with game day duties such as monitoring the crowds during reserves etc. it’s not going to be hard to get a season going and hopefully a month in the restrictions lift a little and it becomes easier and easier.
I’m sure players will be thrilled to help with game day duties.

So
With highett East malvern oakleigh Mordi and Mayb bentleigh pulling the pin how will the structure of DIV 1 work?

Think clubs need to get a bit creative. The footy is probably likely gone but other things can be done. Organise regular weekly golf groups. Or something else the non-golfers will enjoy. Have a club leader take each small group and don’t necessarily just go in groups of mates you hang out with anyway. There’s still benefits to be had for team building for next season and for the mental health side of things.

Absolutely

Whole handling of Covid has been a farce. Now it is coming out that infected people left hotel quarantine and were never tested, because they refused or due to incompetence. Now they are targeting suburbs, and yet when people were trying to get tested they were turned away because they had no symptoms. You can't have the 2nd largest State crippled with Covid, and country towns like SA & WA holding barn dances thinking they are over it. People are fed up being told what to do, as there seems to be rules for one group and totally different rules for others. Put a line thru all AFL, Soccer, basketball, netball, and Rugby, and just hope 2021 the Year of the Ox is a better year than the Pig.

Oh are they just? That was last week's news. By next week it will be BYO pies & sauce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just think of the protocols around change rooms if you run a seniors and reserves game.
Rooms cleaned before reserves come in
Rooms cleaned after half time after reserves start 2nd half and seniors come in to get ready, strapped, rub down etc
Rooms cleaned after seniors run out and reserves come back in after game
Rooms cleaned after reserves are all out and before half time when seniors come back in.
Rooms cleaned after seniors are all done after the game.
There will be a minimum standard for this, so it cant be slapdash or left to the players. So who is going to do this - and monitor it.
We could try it without change rooms, (as the juniors will be) but senior footballers need a bit more professionalism and preparation to play, getting changed in cars and rubbed down outside (maybe in the rain) is going to wear very thin.

No negativity just facts. No season confirmed but we have decided a canteen and bar Are ok.....please, that’s putting the horse before the cart.

Can I have a side bet with you that EDFL meeting lasts less than 30 seconds with no going back?

with 70 odd new cases no league will be active in a week. Some people on here need to face reality.

Just think of the protocols around change rooms if you run a seniors and reserves game.
Rooms cleaned after half time after reserves start 2nd half and seniors come in to get ready, strapped, rub down etc
Rooms cleaned after reserves are all out and before half time when seniors come back in.
There will be a minimum standard for this, so it cant be slapdash or left to the players. So who is going to do this - and monitor it.
We could try it without change rooms, (as the juniors will be) but senior footballers need a bit more professionalism and preparation to play, getting changed in cars and rubbed down outside (maybe in the rain) is going to wear very thin.
Lee Hartman will be down there helping clubs clean the rooms

Who’s gonna police it?

I am still amazed how city are able to sign all these players on $0 salary cap.

If someone says “They are all mates and have wanted to play footy together” I am throwing in the towel!

I am still amazed how city are able to sign all these players on $0 salary cap.

If someone says “They are all mates and have wanted to play footy together” I am throwing in the towel!
Why would Edwards and Potts leave pines there both on huge coin where they are unless there getting coin which is superior at the City.
But it won’t matter as if the corvid cases keep rising no local football

Why would Edwards and Potts leave pines there both on huge coin where they are unless there getting coin which is superior at the City.
SFNL still believes they will be starting July 25th and nothing has changed.

I've got a good mate at Pines who told me both Edwards and Potts notified Pines they wouldn't play for no dollars this year before the MPNFL pulled the pin. It seems they have had a change of heart and are now willing to travel from the Peninsula to the Peanut Farm. Dane Swan and Brent Macaffer also seem not to concerned with getting injuries and pulling on the boots for no money. All 4 of these players would demand $1000-1500 per game minimum in a normal season. Add on top of that Jay Bruno who is also keen to play for nothing despite chasing coin in previous years. It will be a good side on paper if they can pull it off. Just not sure how a side can fit 5 x 5 pointers in if you include Dan Connors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back