SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sonofagun

Rookie
Jun 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speaking to a couple of clubs after the weekend wash-up

news out of port colts is Jase Perkins has torn his hamstring and out for 3-5 weeks

Mykelti Lefau from city dislocated 2 fingers and has been instructed there is significant damage 4-6 weeks

Easts pushed Dingley, did Ed Sim play? I didn't see him on the team sheet might have been the difference if he didn't lace em up

Mordialloc got their first win for the season coming from behind against the dogs.

having seen the first 3 weeks, it's obvious port and Cheltenham seem to be the ones to beat anyone else think they can be pushed?

Oakleigh and Highett are the 2 fighting for relegation who will stay up based on what we have seen the first 3 weeks
Sims had a Wedding and missed. Carey played though. Only dropped from Sandy because they had Ryder and McKernan playing. Expect he will be back at Sandy most of the year. Dingley missing Danny Ades, Ferguson and Van Unen if he plays. Colts favorites for mine at this stage.

notalegent

Debutant
Sep 12, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going to Peanut farm next Sat. SKC v St Pauls. Can someone tell me if Swan is playing ? Also is that the same Bruno 10 years ago?
And is Matt Kremberg playing at St Pauls these days.

Blood Stained Angels

Team Captain
Mar 30, 2009
In a house
AFL Club
Sydney
Going to Peanut farm next Sat. SKC v St Pauls. Can someone tell me if Swan is playing ? Also is that the same Bruno 10 years ago?
And is Matt Kremberg playing at St Pauls these days.
Swan will play unless contracted for another one off game up the bush ? Yes the same Bruno, still looks in good nick and played well against Bentleigh the other week. Kremborg has a long term injury may be back towards the back end of the season.

localfootyman_7

Senior List
May 12, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
SFNL the only league that has not put out a press Release around the training protocols? Have seen other comps such as WRFL EDFL have

SFNLnuffie

Draftee
May 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I read today about an incident with a St Kilda City reserves player and an umpire - the player got 20 weeks and de-registered. Anyone at the game care to share what happened?

Feb 2, 2001
Melbourne (Sainters)
AFL Club
St Kilda
I read today about an incident with a St Kilda City reserves player and an umpire - the player got 20 weeks and de-registered. Anyone at the game care to share what happened?
i arrived at half time of the 2nds. This individual was already off the ground, not sure if injured or sent off, and was changed back into street clothes
There was a scuffle in the 3rd q and he walked onto the ground and got involved. Umpires told him to get off, but he wouldn’t. This went on for a few minutes before he left the ground. Then at 3/4 time he walked directly out to the umpires shouting - I couldn’t hear it directly what was said but no doubt it was abusive. this guy is also physically big and no doubt was a threatening presence to the umpires. umpire Raised red card but he wouldn’t go off. A couple of STTKCity people tried to coax him off but werent effective. He Continued to abuse the umpires through the last q. Both Hartman and Cranny were there at the ground, though can’t directly know what they saw. Even in the seniors game, this person was inside the fence with the STK coaching team, with no apparent attempt to remove him or control him (can be seen on the match video).

Guav

Debutant
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i arrived at half time of the 2nds. This individual was already off the ground, not sure if injured or sent off, and was changed back into street clothes
There was a scuffle in the 3rd q and he walked onto the ground and got involved. Umpires told him to get off, but he wouldn’t. This went on for a few minutes before he left the ground. Then at 3/4 time he walked directly out to the umpires shouting - I couldn’t hear it directly what was said but no doubt it was abusive. this guy is also physically big and no doubt was a threatening presence to the umpires. umpire Raised red card but he wouldn’t go off. A couple of STTKCity people tried to coax him off but werent effective. He Continued to abuse the umpires through the last q. Both Hartman and Cranny were there at the ground, though can’t directly know what they saw. Even in the seniors game, this person was inside the fence with the STK coaching team, with no apparent attempt to remove him or control him (can be seen on the match video).
LOL what a terrible club, club should be fined by the league for allowing that behaviour and then also letting him come onto the ground during the 1s

gelder01

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
LOL what a terrible club, club should be fined by the league for allowing that behaviour and then also letting him come onto the ground during the 1s
Boxer/MMA person? Laughable that even the club officials are scared of him..........

Yabblettt

Debutant
Apr 8, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong

Starts at the top and the committees acceptance of this behaviour. Watch how they allow their under 19’s to behave.

Embarrassing for the league

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 2, 2001
Melbourne (Sainters)
AFL Club
St Kilda
Starts at the top and the committees acceptance of this behaviour. Watch how they allow their under 19’s to behave.

yep
only the coach and about 4 others came up for a drink after the game.
Several members of their crowd brought their own beer to the game.
no control over the reported player.
Other supporters in the coaches area during the game. Its seems all they care about is winning on the field, there’s a lot more to community sport than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guav

Debutant
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yep
Other supporters in the coaches area during the game. Its seems all they care about is winning on the field, there’s a lot more to community sport than that.
To be honest would expect nothing less from the SFNL
Never seen a league more spineless in my life, they allowed Andrew Lovett to be registered weeks after being convicted in court of beating his girlfriend... absolute weak kunts

sainter01

Senior List
Aug 24, 2011
moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
yep
Away games to the Peanut Farm are certainly different but if this is all true the SNFL must act this week as other Leagues would never put up with this

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
St.Kilda City should lose their points for the season in all grades. We keep going through this folly of respecting umpires, and when they need help everyone abandons them.

SaintsMagee

Debutant
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
St.Kilda City should lose their points for the season in all grades. We keep going through this folly of respecting umpires, and when they need help everyone abandons them.

and people wonder why we're down on umpires 50% from 2019, this is definately a contributing factor. whether and umpire makes the odd bad call or not then gets treated like s**t is nothing short of disgraceful

bullzo1234

Debutant
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Bit hard to judge any 19s team mate , every club that has a 19s team can all put there hand up and say that there 19s are misbehaved !
Dingleys 19s behaviour is piss poor ! Just like the banner the officials in the club approved of in the 19s final a few years back .

bullzo1234

Debutant
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I personally played in this game and there is a lot more to the story .

the player who was suspended was not a player of the reserves game . He played the game before in the thirds.

the game in the reserves got well and truely out of hand . Myself and my opponent could not believe what was going on .

players were yelling and swearing at the umpires from both teams .

it got so out of control that the umpires were blowing the whistle each time the coaches boxes were screaming out .

personally I do not condone any one treating umpires with any disrespect.

but once the game got completely out of hand and punches were thrown . Umpires had no control what’s so ever( not saying it was there fault ).

because city is full of islanders the suspended player initially came out to stop the fight before it became ugly.

Once he entered the ground which was obviously not allowed . The crowd started yelling at him and the umpires red carded him for entering the ground .

3qtr time he was walking to the umpires to explain his reasons on the ground .
the umps were already shaken up because of how many fights occurred in the 3rd ( which again I don’t blame them being young ).

he was then asked to leave again . I recall the player telling them to * off because he was honestly only trying to help stop the all in brawl .
I spoke to my opponent and he was under the same impression as myself.

every one can have a dig at stkilda city for there rough edges ! But let’s remember this club has embraced all different cultures and are a very multi cultured side !

I used to hate city when I use to play against them . But I have been at city the last 9 years and they have come leaps and bounds as a club .

the Hoy boys have done a amazing job bleeding the indigenous and islander kids through the ranks to play senior football .

I would say it wouldn’t be a easy job for them with so many different cultures.

and so many different beliefs and boundary’s that they have to work around .

yes city isn’t the most prettiest club . But they have come along way since the late 2000s and yearly 2010s

Yabblettt

Debutant
Apr 8, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit hard to judge any 19s team mate , every club that has a 19s team can all put there hand up and say that there 19s are misbehaved !
Dingleys 19s behaviour is piss poor ! Just like the banner the officials in the club approved of in the 19s final a few years back .

Mate , a banner is different to the actual behaviour they get away with . The
drinking and abuse I have seen this year is extremely poor and embarrassing for the club and league .
The big concern was it occurred for the whole senior game with no one from the club pulling them up . Very poor look

Last edited:

bullzo1234

Debutant
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I personally played in this game and there is a lot more to the story .

the player who was suspended was not a player of the reserves game . He played the game before in the thirds.

the game in the reserves got well and truely out of hand . Myself and my opponent could not believe what was going on .

players were yelling and swearing at the umpires from both teams .

it got so out of control that the umpires were blowing the whistle each time the coaches boxes were screaming out .

personally I do not condone any one treating umpires with any disrespect.

but once the game got completely out of hand and punches were thrown . Umpires had no control what’s so ever( not saying it was there fault ).

because city is full of islanders the suspended player initially came out to stop the fight before it became ugly.

Once he entered the ground which was obviously not allowed . The crowd started yelling at him and the umpires red carded him for entering the ground .

3qtr time he was walking to the umpires to explain his reasons on the ground .
the umps were already shaken up because of how many fights occurred in the 3rd ( which again I don’t blame them being young ).

he was then asked to leave again . I recall the player telling them to * off because he was honestly only trying to help stop the all in brawl .
I spoke to my opponent and he was under the same impression as myself.

every one can have a dig at stkilda city for there rough edges ! But let’s remember this club has embraced all different cultures and are a very multi cultured side !

I used to hate city when I use to play against them . But I have been at city the last 9 years and they have come leaps and bounds as a club .

the Hoy boys have done a amazing job bleeding the indigenous and islander kids through the ranks to play senior football .

I would say it wouldn’t be a easy job for them with so many different cultures.

and so many different beliefs and boundary’s that they have to work around .

yes city isn’t the most prettiest club . But they have come along way since the late 2000s and yearly 2010

Mate , a banner is different to the actual behaviour they get away with . The
drinking and abuse I have seen this year is extremely poor and embarrassing for the club and league .
The big concern was it occurred for the whole senior game with no one from the club pulling them up . Very poor look

A banner singling out a 16 year old isn’t a big concern ?
I am tipping you are from the dingoes ?
Yeah they were very loud but I don’t believe they were abusing .

I recall the grand final in the 19s when the dingoes won the flag the senior club was abusing the players calling them dogs and were caught abusing city’s players racially , i recall city’s coach calling out the dingoes senior squad for the abuse they were hurling .

but once again because the complaint was Against the protected species in dingley it got swept under the rug !

the game against dingoes the reserves and 19s from dingley werent On there best behaviour . With Dane swan and Aaron edwards disgusted with the abuse being thrown there ways from the spectators beside dingleys coaching box .

difference is city are sick of going to the league with complaints especially against dingley when nothing gets done! It falls on deaf ears !
But once dingley have a whinge clubs are put on notice .

Jul 16, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there any truth behind jed lamb returning to bentleigh? Was told in a passing comment but wouldnt say it was from a creditable source.

Great to have football back this Saturday 16 rounds, I would say it’s a great result from AFL Vic and a credit to the Southern League.

Interesting read about city, I would agree with a couple comments here. 1 bad moment shouldn’t reflect what the club is about. I seen a bentleigh player (unders) was suspended for 8 weeks for striking the same week. Not a word spoken (bentleigh is a great club).

The reality of local football, everyone of them have it’s pros and cons. AFL players and AFL clubs have crazy moments - they are the bench mark.

let’s move on and talk about the positives - community football is back.

bullzo1234

Debutant
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Is there any truth behind jed lamb returning to bentleigh? Was told in a passing comment but wouldnt say it was from a creditable source.

Great to have football back this Saturday 16 rounds, I would say it’s a great result from AFL Vic and a credit to the Southern League.

Interesting read about city, I would agree with a couple comments here. 1 bad moment shouldn’t reflect what the club is about. I seen a bentleigh player (unders) was suspended for 8 weeks for striking the same week. Not a word spoken (bentleigh is a great club).

The reality of local football, everyone of them have it’s pros and cons. AFL players and AFL clubs have crazy moments - they are the bench mark.

let’s move on and talk about the positives - community football is back.

Totally agree , can’t wait for the season to start again.

bentleigh got the rough end of the 2 missed games missing out on 2 big wins against oakleigh and Highett .

what is every ones thoughts for the top5 ?

I originally had port colts as favourites but now it’s hard to split dingley and Cheltenham .

dingley are always going to be stroking come finals time and cheltenham with a big injury list still managing to win games .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back