SFNL div 2 - 2016

Who will take out the flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It was close till half time Keysie are a good side they work hard to get numbers to the contest and set up well at stoppages I think number 1 and #2 went we'll and there ruck man is handy also a small forward was lively till half time #22 Not sure if they rested blokes after half time they had a large bench But Colts were good against the wind started to win the stoppages and got on top Colts ended up with 5 senior players not playing on Sat
There were 3 umpires and they struggled to be consistent with each other I think park footy should only have 2 umpires The games not quick enough that 2 umpires can't keep up and keep an eye on the game up the other end

What was score?

It was close till half time Keysie are a good side they work hard to get numbers to the contest and set up well at stoppages I think number 1 and #2 went we'll and there ruck man is handy also a small forward was lively till half time #22 Not sure if they rested blokes after half time they had a large bench But Colts were good against the wind started to win the stoppages and got on top Colts ended up with 5 senior players not playing on Sat
There were 3 umpires and they struggled to be consistent with each other I think park footy should only have 2 umpires The games not quick enough that 2 umpires can't keep up and keep an eye on the game up the other end
who had more out Colts or K
Keysie?

Any result from the Springvale praccy match?

2s won by 110 points.
Seniors by 10+ goals.

Had 23 players unavailable. Half of those Seniors, had a few blokes play 8 quarters and finished the Senior game with 15 on the park.

Opposition was fairly weak but was good to have a run around. Aparantly they beat Black Rock a couple of weeks earlier?

2s won by 110 points.
Seniors by 10+ goals.

Had 23 players unavailable. Half of those Seniors, had a few blokes play 8 quarters and finished the Senior game with 15 on the park.

Opposition was fairly weak but was good to have a run around. Aparantly they beat Black Rock a couple of weeks earlier?
Who did you play?

Round 1 tips:

Hampton to defeat Black Rock
Chelsea Heights to defeat Caulfield
Heatherton to defeat Springvale Districts
Keysborough to defeat Skye
Port Melbourne Colts to defeat Murrumbeena

Colts went well The boys gelled well after a few scratchy praccies
Murrenbeena boys had a crack and most came in after the game which is what local footy is about
Well done to both sides

Colts went well The boys gelled well after a few scratchy praccies
Murrenbeena boys had a crack and most came in after the game which is what local footy is about
Well done to both sides

Talk about sending a message to the rest of the competition! Has Murrumbeena lost a few players, or did they have one of those days?
Was there a decent crowd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about sending a message to the rest of the competition! Has Murrumbeena lost a few players, or did they have one of those days?
Was there a decent crowd?

I was there after half time good crowd Colts smashed em really! I counted 6 of Murrembeena's 2nd half goals from free Kick 50 Meters penalties!

Is anyone else shocked about caulfield beating Chelsea? Wasn't Chelsea supposed to smash div 2?

The same thing was said about Heatherton the year before.

Both were completely uncompetitive the year they were relegated, and both were favoured to dominate. We know how it turned out with Heatherton. Time will tell on Chelsea Heights.

It is a long year. Result is surprising but Caulfied have gone from strength to strength since coming up from Div3.

I wasnt surprised at all. Caulfield play their ground well and are in my top 3 this year. Was probably the wake up call chelsea heights needed.

ladder prediction for end of year

Chelsea Heights
Port Colts
Caulfield
Murrumbeena
Keysborough
Skye
Hampton
Springvale
Highett
Heatherton
Black Rock

I wasnt surprised at all. Caulfield play their ground well and are in my top 3 this year. Was probably the wake up call chelsea heights needed.

ladder prediction for end of year

Chelsea Heights
Port Colts
Caulfield
Murrumbeena
Keysborough
Skye
Hampton
Springvale
Highett
Heatherton
Black Rock

Noone giving Highett a chance? completely out played Chelthenham for 3 1/2 quarters on the weekend...

I wouldn't get too excited about that effort. Teams have been outplaying Cheltenham for a long time. Beat Keysborough this week and everyone will sit up and take notice!

Is Skye the hardest away game?
And ive heard they have a very good 2s side
Travel wise, no doubt. Their Ressies have been pretty good over the years, but Skye has not had much luck with injury over the past few seasons. I really thought they would have been in Div 1 by now.

They play
Travel wise, no doubt. Their Ressies have been pretty good over the years, but Skye has not had much luck with injury over the past few seasons. I really thought they would have been in Div 1 by now.
They play a physical game Skye and use there far wing well The score didn't reflect the effort by Skye
There 2s are well drill and zone and set up well with some big bodies Looking forward to the return game against the 2s

I wouldn't get too excited about that effort. Teams have been outplaying Cheltenham for a long time. Beat Keysborough this week and everyone will sit up and take notice!
Beware Highett, 15 goals up on Keyborough at 3/4 time. Won by 11. All over Keysborough today. Gained 6, lost virtually none. Were also 2 down on the bench from the 1st quarter

Last edited:
Back