• Hampton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doveton Eagles

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So only 5 rounds to go and there's still a fair bit of jostling for positions to go, who's everyone's tips for the all important:
Top spot- Doveton or Beena. I have Beena marginally in front on this one but they they will need to win at Doveton.
3rd Spot- Highett or Keysie. Very tough one to tip, probably will come down to when they meet in Rd17
5th Spot- Caulfield or Hampton. Feel like Hampton are going better than Caulfield but Caulfield have two game gap with 5 to go so they probably hang on.

Should be a ripping finals series, anyone know when venues are finalised?

So only 5 rounds to go and there's still a fair bit of jostling for positions to go, who's everyone's tips for the all important:
Top spot- Doveton or Beena. I have Beena marginally in front on this one but they they will need to win at Doveton.
3rd Spot- Highett or Keysie. Very tough one to tip, probably will come down to when they meet in Rd17
5th Spot- Caulfield or Hampton. Feel like Hampton are going better than Caulfield but Caulfield have two game gap with 5 to go so they probably hang on.

Should be a ripping finals series, anyone know when venues are finalised?
I think a decision on finals venues is being made this week. Is Moorabbin available this year? I think I heard something on the radio about Sandringham being an option as well.

I’d guess that springy and Mordi would be in the mix for the div 2 GF as well, assuming they put in.
All of those venues have good surfaces and are large. I hear Mordi is very impressive now it’s been upgraded.

Springy is good but always very windy!!!

Wouldn't mind Mordi also as you're right the venue is top notch since the update.

I think a decision on finals venues is being made this week. Is Moorabbin available this year? I think I heard something on the radio about Sandringham being an option as well.
I thought Sandringham was only available for Div 1 as it is a week later, could be wrong.

I thought Sandringham was only available for Div 1 as it is a week later, could be wrong.
Is the Div 1 grand final finally going to be on a Saturday?

I remember how annoying Sundays were, especially for kickons as you'd have to take more annual leave ;)
I think you’re right Burra4lfe. Who will provide staff for the day if it goes to Sandy I wonder? It wasn’t listed as an option to bid for in the tender docs.

Big dramas at Clayton Wilson concussed several times this year and club continues to play him
Case going to football victoria next week. Club could be sued for duty of care also solicitors have southern league
In there sights. Clayton trainer also under heavy scrutiny. Watch this space

Big dramas at Clayton Wilson concussed several times this year and club continues to play him
Case going to football victoria next week. Club could be sued for duty of care also solicitors have southern league
In there sights. Clayton trainer also under heavy scrutiny. Watch this space

Or perhaps the bloke could take some ownership of his own health and well-being and go see a doctor, and then follow the doctors instructions.

Yes clubs have a duty of care, especially in-game e.g. concussed player returning to the field, but in all seriousness, he's a grown adult and should take some responsibility............

Hey Tigersman, what's the go with new recruit "Cyril" running around in the ressies on the weekend?

Noticed the team was at 47 points so could it be a matter of trying to fit him in without it being at the expense of some local or in form players?

Not necessarily a bad problem to have if so.

Hey Tigersman, what's the go with new recruit "Cyril" running around in the ressies on the weekend?

Noticed the team was at 47 points so could it be a matter of trying to fit him in without it being at the expense of some local or in form players?

Not necessarily a bad problem to have if so.
Our other two small forwards, Hancock and Ricky Johnson were probably the two best on the week before. We had Robbo and Sheen coming back into the forward line so it was just a team balance thing.

To Cyril’s credit he went back and was best on in the twos. I reckon he is in our best side come finals but I’m not in selection so time will tell.

Our other two small forwards, Hancock and Ricky Johnson were probably the two best on the week before. We had Robbo and Sheen coming back into the forward line so it was just a team balance thing.

To Cyril’s credit he went back and was best on in the twos. I reckon he is in our best side come finals but I’m not in selection so time will tell.

He is probably in your best side for finals no doubt but can you fit his points in?

If he's worth 3 or 4 points then you can't drop 1 pointers for him as you'll be over. This is where i've been interested as to how the points system will impact selection etc. Guarantee if Cyril wasn't worth the points he was then he'd have lined up for your seniors on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is probably in your best side for finals no doubt but can you fit his points in?

If he's worth 3 or 4 points then you can't drop 1 pointers for him as you'll be over. This is where i've been interested as to how the points system will impact selection etc. Guarantee if Cyril wasn't worth the points he was then he'd have lined up for your seniors on the weekend.
When we are close to our best 22 we have no problem. We sit in the low-mid 40s. It’s when we have a few out and look to bring in a young bloke from our twos the points get close. As a club with no juniors every young bloke we bring in to the club is a 3-4 pointer. It’s a problem for clubs without traditional pathways. If we had of pushed for our alignment with our local junior club to be honoured by the league and players from there to be 1 point players (as the system allows) we would have another 6-8 points up our sleeve.

In this particular case though it was simply the other two smalls played better. Hancock is the same points as Cyril and got selected ahead of him.

I’m not selecting the side though, that’s just my read on last week

Great game of footy out at Doveton Yesterday. Both sides had a few out but considering the windy conditions it was played at a pretty good standard.

Credit to the Beena crowd and players who hung around in good numbers and had a beer after the game.

Who of Caulfield, Hampton or even East Brighton will take 5th spot?

Great game of footy out at Doveton Yesterday. Both sides had a few out but considering the windy conditions it was played at a pretty good standard.

Credit to the Beena crowd and players who hung around in good numbers and had a beer after the game.

Who of Caulfield, Hampton or even East Brighton will take 5th spot?
Having seen all 3 sides over last 4 weeks Hampton are a mile ahead of other two.

Well finals are here, who's everyone tipping?

For what it's worth I think Beena by 4 goals & Keysie by 1 goal.

Wowee what a game out at Heatherton today.

The Luke James show was in full flight in the first quarter. Nearly blew Highett away single handedly. Some high quality finishing.

Credit to Highett though. What a gutsy effort to work their way back and control the next three quarters.

Great day at the footy as a neutral watching two good sides

Wowee what a game out at Heatherton today.

The Luke James show was in full flight in the first quarter. Nearly blew Highett away single handedly. Some high quality finishing.

Credit to Highett though. What a gutsy effort to work their way back and control the next three quarters.

Great day at the footy as a neutral watching two good sides

Not a great day from my end. We had the game at quarter time and just needed to keep control but let a golden opportunity slip. Good thing about the double chance is it allows you to put in a stinker and still be in the hunt.

Not a great day from my end. We had the game at quarter time and just needed to keep control but let a golden opportunity slip. Good thing about the double chance is it allows you to put in a stinker and still be in the hunt.
After watching Saturday's game there's no way you're beating Doveton or Highett on any given day.

After watching Saturday's game there's no way you're beating Doveton or Highett on any given day.

Yet we've done just that in the season (Doveton by 10 goals) and Highett twice?

Write us off if you like but I'm certain we are very much still in the hunt and have just a good a chance as any if we play our brand of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back