SFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to Doveton today but disgusted by the actions of their coach.
Man handling players is not on, to do it twice including slapping a player surely warrants a large suspension.

Well done to Doveton today but disgusted by the actions of their coach.
Man handling players is not on, to do it twice including slapping a player surely warrants a large suspension.
Seems a bit rich coming from a Keysborough poster given what went on between Keysie and Springy with no penalties handed out.

Wasn’t too much going on today. Little bit of back and forwards when a Keysie player ran into the Doveton box. That’s about it.

On the game, was a good contest.
Doveton looked to have the game safely in hand before Keysie showed plenty of spirit in the last and weren’t too far away from pinching it. Carnelley was lively in the last quarter and they were storming home. Robertson took a strong contested mark and kicked the goal against the flow which stalled Keysies momentum. From there Doveton settled.

Great show of respect by both clubs to line up as Bryan walked off in his last game. He was huge on the day in the ruck and will be a big loss for that club and the division next year.

Got to give credit to Springvale. Down in Div 3 a couple years ago and looked like they would simply disappear. They have bounced back strongly. The Prelim Final should be a beauty. Murrumbeena has the wood on Doveton, but as finals have shown, it is a completely different when the season is on the line. Still expecting Murrumbeena to bounce back and win the flag.

Got to give credit to Springvale. Down in Div 3 a couple years ago and looked like they would simply disappear. They have bounced back strongly. The Prelim Final should be a beauty. Murrumbeena has the wood on Doveton, but as finals have shown, it is a completely different when the season is on the line. Still expecting Murrumbeena to bounce back and win the flag.

Not sure they were going to disappear. They have been stable off field for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Not sure they were going to disappear. They have been stable off field for a long time.

No juniors, always relying on recruiting to succeed especially when they are in an area which is not AFL stronghold. Clubs like that can go down pretty quickly. But again full credit to them and their committee.

Tbh they were extremely stiff to go down in the first place.
Were very competitive in D2 and from memory had 5 wins equal with a few sides and not a terrible %.

The way they rebounded in D3 in 2018 spoke volumes of the depth the club had.
It wasn't going to be easy with HP coming into the league but winning ones & twos showed they are a strong club.

Did they further recruit in 2019 or was it just a few additions that has made them rise up the table so swiftly?

Another wasted season for Murumbeena. There are reasons, but every club could cite injuries etc. Doveton far too accomplished on the day. Everyone has been waiting for Springvale to fall over. Springvale and Doveton played each other twice within the first 6 rounds. Not sure what that was meant to achieve. Both teams have stand 1-1 and both teams lost their home game matches. In both matches one team got off to a quick start and managed to hold on. Will the one week break work against Springvale or will Doveton just continue on as they did in their last quarter against Murumbeena?
Doveton are match fit and hard and will beat a dogged Springvale by 15 points.

Another wasted season for Murumbeena. There are reasons, but every club could cite injuries etc. Doveton far too accomplished on the day. Everyone has been waiting for Springvale to fall over. Springvale and Doveton played each other twice within the first 6 rounds. Not sure what that was meant to achieve. Both teams have stand 1-1 and both teams lost their home game matches. In both matches one team got off to a quick start and managed to hold on. Will the one week break work against Springvale or will Doveton just continue on as they did in their last quarter against Murumbeena?
Doveton are match fit and hard and will beat a dogged Springvale by 15 points.

should be a rippa. div 2 has seen clubs had it over clubs but these 2 are 1-1 having last played a while ago..... fitting GF I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Benna sticking with coach. He needs to promote all those not so young club players that have stuck thick and were Grand finalist (reserves) this year. He needs to move on the geriatrics that came with him years ago (James, Stewart, Ambrose, Lewis and even Kitchen to name a few). Look for running type players like Springy and Keysie had this year. (I didn't see Doveton play). Hope Doveton recruit well as they will be eaten alive in Div 1.

Good to see Benna sticking with coach. He needs to promote all those not so young club players that have stuck thick and were Grand finalist (reserves) this year. He needs to move on the geriatrics that came with him years ago (James, Stewart, Ambrose, Lewis and even Kitchen to name a few). Look for running type players like Springy and Keysie had this year. (I didn't see Doveton play). Hope Doveton recruit well as they will be eaten alive in Div 1.
You haven’t seen Doveton play but you say they will be eaten alive in div 1?

There was a fair amount of talent sitting on the sidelines injured for Doveton all year.

Sorry, I will not divulge my sauces... Although just quietly Nandos Mild Peri Peri is pretty good.

I won't divulge my sources either.

haven't seen anyone on here deny your breaking news so maybe there is a little bit of truth in it. seems to be happening a fair bit in other divisions too with 2 div 4 clubs (including the premiers apparently) supposedly telling the league they wont go up. carts pulling the horses it seems atm instead of the other way around.....

whats happening at Power Rd? Big off-season coming up!
[/QUOTE]

Good question..... anyone else heard about them wanting to stay in Div 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back