SFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of Ressies, how are clubs looking? I’m hearing 2-3 clubs are struggling with numbers and come June-July may have to forgo reserves games due to depleted numbers?

I don’t think this is just an SFNL issue and maybe across other leagues too.
I’m hearing the same I know Hampton park have the numbers but not as many as expected I’m not sure about div2 sides but a few in other divisions have said they probably will struggle to get numbers for a 2s side and even sides in other leagues have said they might struggle to get the numbers every week

I’m hearing the same I know Hampton park have the numbers but not as many as expected I’m not sure about div2 sides but a few in other divisions have said they probably will struggle to get numbers for a 2s side and even sides in other leagues have said they might struggle to get the numbers every week

The league could always change the rules to 15 on 15 and no limit on bench.

The league could always change the rules to 15 on 15 and no limit on bench.

Would make a lot of sense, especially on some of the smaller grounds. Even 16 aside in the seniors with 4 on the bench so that way you could at least drop 2 blokes to the reserves.

probably against the rules of the game but just thinking out loud.

Would make a lot of sense, especially on some of the smaller grounds. Even 16 aside in the seniors with 4 on the bench so that way you could at least drop 2 blokes to the reserves.

probably against the rules of the game but just thinking out loud.

talking to a guy from Caulfield and they have about 60 on the books! They have put together a very solid list. Should be a cracker in both grades v springy April 10

Skye looked to be dominating all the footy and was suprised when I read the result. A tall and solid out fit. Would expect a top 4 possibly top 2 finish from them.
Huge call! Would be very surprised if they make finals. Here’s my predicted ladder

springy
Caulfield
Hampton park
Chelsea heights
East Brighton

kesey
Skye
Heatherton
Hampton
Murrumbeena

I reckon there might be a decent gap between the top 5 and bottom 5 teams this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge call! Would be very surprised if they make finals. Here’s my predicted ladder

springy
Caulfield
Hampton park
Chelsea heights
East Brighton

kesey
Skye
Heatherton
Hampton
Murrumbeena

I reckon there might be a decent gap between the top 5 and bottom 5 teams this year.

Whats happened at Murrumbeena? Out of cash? where did Hackett go to?

Whats happened at Murrumbeena? Out of cash? where did Hackett go to?
Hackett and Walder have both moved interstate. What I’ve heard the club is strong off the field. However, the old president getting kicked out in 2019 caused a lot of unrest and players left because of it. They now have a new committee and focusing on the next wave of youth players.

Similar to east Brighton a few years ago, just need to stay in Div 2, otherwise it’s hard to get out of the lower divisions..probably why they are denying clearances.

So why was the President fired? He seemed to be doing a good job, a successful club very unlucky not to have won promotion to Div 1.

What a load of BS, you've got no idea.

give me a spell, obviously the coach getting a gig at Wesley didn’t help things but it was the beginning of the end when the “money man” knifed president in the AGM which pissed off a lot of players that were the core of that side for years. It’s been a slippery slope since and now the “money man” is nowhere to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back