SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It has pros and cons obviously but the decision is not up to us and we just need to play in the division we are allocated.
Like most clubs in the area we run off the fumes of an oily rag and playing in the lower of the divisions will provide some financial relief.

Any player / coaching news? Heard black rock has announced a new coach

Mass walk outs on the cards at Springy Districts apparently if they get dropped to Div3. Also hearing CPL might have a same issue as they don't want to play (& rightly so) Div4 southern (if it happens) they are a strong club, who played in a Grand Final 2 years ago, I'd be flithy too

Looking at the suggested 're structure' Div3 next year looms as a very tough division with all 8 teams thinking they'd be a legit GF or very least finals chance

Springy Districts
Hampton Park
Black Rock
Hallam
----------------------
Endeavour Hills
Sth Yarra
Heatherton
Ashwood

Tell you what, that bottom four will be stiff & set some emerging clubs behind the 8 ball again.

Mass walk outs on the cards at Springy Districts apparently if they get dropped to Div3. Also hearing CPL might have a same issue as they don't want to play (& rightly so) Div4 southern (if it happens) they are a strong club, who played in a Grand Final 2 years ago, I'd be flithy too

Looking at the suggested 're structure' Div3 next year looms as a very tough division with all 8 teams thinking they'd be a legit GF or very least finals chance

Springy Districts
Hampton Park
Black Rock
Hallam
----------------------
Endeavour Hills
Sth Yarra
Heatherton
Ashwood

Tell you what, that bottom four will be stiff & set some emerging clubs behind the 8 ball again.
With Shayne Sheedy coaching Heatherton, rest assured they won't be finishing anywhere near that low.

Springy Districts
Hampton Park
Black Rock
Hallam
----------------------
Endeavour Hills
Sth Yarra
Heatherton
Ashwood

CPL last played in a grand final or half a grand final in 2014! So not 2 years ago. Since then they have been absolute CRAP,

Last edited:

Springy Districts
Hampton Park
Black Rock
Hallam
----------------------
Endeavour Hills
Sth Yarra
Heatherton
Ashwood

Not sure on any walk outs at Springy. According to their FB they have 2 pretty big signings. Both ex Noble Park players. They won 6 games this year in Divvy 2 and lost 8-9 games by under 2 goals. They will be very hard to beat in Divvy 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one is a better fit than Hampton Park, blind Freddie can see that! Hampton Park inclusion is like throwing a hand grenade into this region

how so bounceback? how is frankston a better geographical fit in SFNL than HP? HP being included into this comp (if it happens) has no effect on the other SFNL clubs apart from being another side they need to beat. I can assure u that SFNL players are not on their radar as far as recruiting goes apart from any former HP players who have been playing in SFNL.

secondly, I find it incredibly amusing that the doveton president has been on here voicing concerns about HP being cashed up and willing to spend when they have gone out and recruited battle and hendy from the doves. battle was 3rd in the SEFNL league bnf and spanner is a long term great player and leader. span alone would be on huge $$$ compared to most in 2nd div and battle would be on a lot more. points could be an issue tho. battle must be a 5 pointer as he played vfl, and span would be a 4 pointer coming from sefnl. add robbo's 4 pts to that and I don't see how they can recruit anyone else.....

either most of u ppl have no clue about the systems in place (points + salary cap) or u just have no idea at all.....

Frankston Dolphins coming in now as well

Genuine question and apologies if I am missing something here but why would Frankston Dolphins come into the SFL and in what capacity? If running a 2nds due to the demise of the VFL development league surely they would be looking at higher level than the SFL to run a reserves team? Just makes no sense to me.

Genuine question and apologies if I am missing something here but why would Frankston Dolphins come into the SFL and in what capacity? If running a 2nds due to the demise of the VFL development league surely they would be looking at higher level than the SFL to run a reserves team? Just makes no sense to me.

This senior club is a progression from the Frankston Dolphins Junior Football Club and not the VFL affiliate.

This senior club is a progression from the Frankston Dolphins Junior Football Club and not the VFL affiliate.

Cheers. Thanks for clearing that up. Was unaware that the junior club was planning a move into senior ranks. The Frankston area is awash with established senior clubs already so not sure they need another one. MPNFL 2 divisions in 2018 and 3 in 2019. On that basis I’m not sure why they would want to play on the SFL?

Regarding the SEFL blocking the HP move. I understand that the move has been ticked off by the higher bodies and is a done deal. They will be playing SFL in 2018.

how so bounceback? how is frankston a better geographical fit in SFNL than HP? HP being included into this comp (if it happens) has no effect on the other SFNL clubs apart from being another side they need to beat. I can assure u that SFNL players are not on their radar as far as recruiting goes apart from any former HP players who have been playing in SFNL.

secondly, I find it incredibly amusing that the doveton president has been on here voicing concerns about HP being cashed up and willing to spend when they have gone out and recruited battle and hendy from the doves. battle was 3rd in the SEFNL league bnf and spanner is a long term great player and leader. span alone would be on huge $$$ compared to most in 2nd div and battle would be on a lot more. points could be an issue tho. battle must be a 5 pointer as he played vfl, and span would be a 4 pointer coming from sefnl. add robbo's 4 pts to that and I don't see how they can recruit anyone else.....

either most of u ppl have no clue about the systems in place (points + salary cap) or u just have no idea at all.....
Spanner has come to be involved in coaching a side with his mate Clint wilson. Battle has come over as he is a mate as well. They applied for the coaching job as a team and the club accepted. We didn't go chasing them with big offers. Very happy to have them though.

Robbo is 3 points next year and we will get a point reduced for all our players that were first year players last season, that's 10 or so from the GF side so points will be fine. We have a few recruits still to announce so we have looked at the points cap.

Anyway, this not the div 2 thread so i won't go on.

I agree with the previous poster that suggested Frankston would be a better fit in the new divisional mpnfl structure given their location. Why does that area need another senior club? The population isn't growing out there. There's plenty of clubs there already. All this would do is remove a junior feeder club and weaken the area.

HP have recycled a past coach and I've heard whispers that they are recycling past ( mid 30's ?? ) players as well .... hasbeens coming back for easy pickings in div 3 Southern ??

New footy manager as well with farkall experience, it looks like he's scraping the barrel with recruiting.... dunno how this is gonna pan out.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back