SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the clearances/transfers page. Concern that collectively MK, DR, SC and CPL have zero in at this stage with lots out. Seems to be whatever quality they had at DR, MK and SC gone. Surely this is a concern that the weak will get weaker? In the pre-season comp DR will get smashed which surely won't attract potential players??

Ashwood round 1 will kick a score higher than any cricket grand final side will post
If they get flogged in their practise matches and then again in round one could even cause players to give up too

Daniel Kerr to play second half of the season at at doveton eagles can anyone confirm or deny?
If true, the jokes about doveton having no money can stop plz....

Last edited:

Apparently everyone is playing for free there lol. Must really wana buy that flag really bad
No one ever said we weren't paying anyone... we just pay a a handful of players a sum of money that keeps them happy even though they can get much more... not pay a shitload of players a certain amount then recruit a few ex afl players a heap more... doveton will spend more between those two players than ashwood will total

I can assure you that the spend is a fair bit lower than anyone would expect.
I don't doubt it wouldn't be much I'm just highlighting you can recruit without spending big money... we would be no doubt spending more than you but the talent we've picked up with a low amount of money... no one can deny dovetons spendings anymore....
if it gets then a premiership then good on then but it won't help their future past that

I don't doubt it wouldn't be much I'm just highlighting you can recruit without spending big money... we would be no doubt spending more than you but the talent we've picked up with a low amount of money... no one can deny dovetons spendings anymore....
if it gets then a premiership then good on then but it won't help their future past that
True they are spending heaps by the sounds of it don't no we're all the $ is coming from as they had * all in the bank at the end of the year and still had bills to pay but it seems there take the punt on this to get the $ from people combing to watch these guys or someone has tipped in a heap of $ all of a sudden good luck to them if they have but I agree it won't help the club in the future doing this as most clubs that do this sort of thing have a year or two of success then are stuffed for years or fold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry krumm shouldn't speak about your bum buddy like that i am so so sorry. But he is a spud

Ricky Nixon has been spruiking Kerr all week on Facebook for 3k a game, so if he is playing at Doveton from round 11 onwards, that's 24k for half a season. Even if they get a discount, they are looking at 20k.
That's a lot of coin to invest in 1 player, not to mention the money being thrown at Robertson too.
This has got Parkmore written all over it.

The Eagles haven't announced anything regarding Kerr.

On on the clubs future, we have worked hard to get an u19s up and running this year and 99% of our recruits this year are mid 20s or younger.

The recruiting of an AFL player was as much about marketing and sponsorship as anything. It's been a success on both those fronts.

It was also about giving our playing group an enjoyable experience. You can't win a flag every year and you want your playing group to enjoy their time at the club. I'm sure our group will enjoy playing a season with an AFL player, something most players at this standard wouldn't normally get a chance to do.

I'm sure every club in the Comp would have jumped at signing Robbo if the opportunity arose.

I'd rather be paying big bucks to marquis players like Kerr and Robertson than overpaying mediocre park footballers who think they're worth more than they are. At least Kerr and Robertson might bring some exposure and revenue to the club.
Everyone bagging Doveton should be honest. If their club had the money, they'd be spending it.

I'd rather be paying big bucks to marquis players like Kerr and Robertson than overpaying mediocre park footballers who think they're worth more than they are. At least Kerr and Robertson might bring some exposure and revenue to the club.
Everyone bagging Doveton should be honest. If their club had the money, they'd be spending it.
Lol Kerr was has been locked up several times tried to burn his x partners house down been done with drugs his own parents wouldn't bail him out and has had serval other issues I'm tipping he needs the $ bad and why won't any local clubs from WA getting him playing for them ??? That's if he does end up playing there and Robbo is a good get providing he play at least 7 games

Lol Kerr was has been locked up several times tried to burn his x partners house down been done with drugs his own parents wouldn't bail him out and has had serval other issues I'm tipping he needs the $ bad and why won't any local clubs from WA getting him playing for them ??? That's if he does end up playing there and Robbo is a good get providing he play at least 7 games

If he plays he'll draw a crowd and run rings around everyone else in the comp. Can't see how it could really hurt a club sitting in div 3.

Well no I don't think most clubs would do it...
if you are given for example 2k per week to pay players, you would rather spend 2k a game on one player... than 10 decent local footy players on 200 a game... and I dare say he's getting more than 2k... if so... you're an idiot

An article in the heraldsun says kerr is doing a fev and will be playing with 14 different clubs this season. Is that even allowed after the cut off? Or the sfl allow it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back