SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it does count towards you knowing dic about what happens off field with local football clubs.
Dandenong are having a rough patch due to low numbers. They've put their hat in their hands and have called out for assistance with players.
Sandown are in rough patch due to their off field arrogance and once their committee pulls their heads out of the ars3s they should be back on track.

You clearly have never had any attachment to a club other than rocking up and kicking a ball.
Well said.

A lot of people don't have any idea how much work goes in behind the scenes to be able to get 2 sides out on the field on a Saturday, and how much money it takes (even before paying players) to keep a club running. I was certainly surprised the first time I joined a committee. In many cases, local councils aren't helpful in aiding a clubs survival unless it suits their particular interests.

A few clubs are doing it tough right now, but it just takes putting the right people in place, and things can turn pretty quickly.

I don't know much about Sandown's situation, but Dandenong appear to be moving in the right direction off field, so that can only have a positive influence on their on field fortunes. They just need to weather this storm.

Tigersman what happen to doveton today ?
How come you haven't put your goal kickers and best players in ?
Bit salty
close game all day. Not the prettiest to watch but a good contest

Plenty to work on for us. SY forward, number 2 I think, is a handy player.

I hadn't been down to that ground before. By far the worst facilities I've seen in senior football. Don't know how they put up with it.

close game all day. Not the prettiest to watch but a good contest

Plenty to work on for us. SY forward, number 2 I think, is a handy player.

I hadn't been down to that ground before. By far the worst facilities I've seen in senior football. Don't know how they put up with it.
It's definitely the best home ground advantage in the league. South Yarra know how to play the ground really well, and no result from that ground ever surprise me.

Bugger home ground advantage, SY is a hole and always will be. Great fellas down there, but a miserable weekend when you have to play there.

Prefer to play on the mud heaps Doveton and Mount used to have to serve up.

Bugger home ground advantage, SY is a hole and always will be. Great fellas down there, but a miserable weekend when you have to play there.

Prefer to play on the mud heaps Doveton and Mount used to have to serve up.
Like I said in my earlier post today, you will find the state of the ground and the facilities is no fault of South Yarra's, but is rather the hand they have been dealt by their local council.
I don't know how SY are set up or how their local council operates, but if they don't have auskick or a junior program, I would suggest their council would have little interest in improving their situation.

Agree with a few other posters defending Sandown and Dandy.
You only have to look in the local sports results in the herald sun today to see flogging arnt that uncommon in any local league around the state.

It's just the cycle of grassroots football that there will be sides really struggle from time to time.

To both these sides credit, it was a great achievement for both of them to field three grades of open footy in 2016. Something that would be extremely tough to coordinate off the field with trainers, runners etc considering thirds sides can generally play away from the 1s & 2s.

Like I said in my earlier post today, you will find the state of the ground and the facilities is no fault of South Yarra's, but is rather the hand they have been dealt by their local council.
I don't know how SY are set up or how their local council operates, but if they don't have auskick or a junior program, I would suggest their council would have little interest in improving their situation.

We have "no council' so to speak

We're SY (Stonnington) playing in Camberwell (Boroondara) so they're not interested plus the ground is actually owned by Swinburne and the chick who books the facility and the ground has never even been there before (or so I've heard).

If the libs got in last election then Dennis had promised a redvelopment of that whole complex but they lost - I believe it's still "on the table" but that mdeans next to nothing.

In the last 3 yrs we've gone from 5 football teams *(seniors, ressies, thirds, over 35/45) to those plus 4 netball teams, auskick and under 8/9's for this season so we are serving community needs in that area so hopefully that goes a ways to getting that deal done ASAP.

But yeah imagine having to train there 40 times between now and Aug...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only ever played at the Fritz - was that Glen Iris I think we played at for a while?
T.H King in Glen iris we went into recess in 2006 we had 1 year off and st kevins took over the ground built double story clubrooms!! Everyone complains about the ground sth yarra have to put up with it all year round its the worse ground in.Melbourne but there are sfa grounds we can move to!! A s**t ground is better than a bye

T.H King in Glen iris we went into recess in 2006 we had 1 year off and st kevins took over the ground built double story clubrooms!! Everyone complains about the ground sth yarra have to put up with it all year round its the worse ground in.Melbourne but there are sfa grounds we can move to!! A s**t ground is better than a bye

Representative of ammos v sfl. St K take the ground, council puts in cash, and they have a great place to play footy and attract players

Alma park east oval has a brand new pavilion and no tenant club. It's Probably closer to Sth Yarra as well

Just stumbled upon this....can I ask a question about my junior club Endeavour Hills! How do they go?

A club that promised so much but fails to deliver. The players there run the show as highlighted by there experienced appointed coach walking out on them as probably couldn't handle that. Also evident a couple guys moved to other clubs and few EH on here slagged them so basically it's a players 'bubble of trouble' driving that club and hinders them moving forward. Committee needs some spine to get them going.

would only be 100m long, somehow shorter than our current ground, no parking either or lights if my memory serves correct
Vic rd reserve in Hawthorn east is only juniors and has decent rooms but it is tiny! Southern reserve mulgrave was free but think soccer has taken it over. Wellington reserve in mulgrave also is only a kids ground but is mcg size.
Admittedly not near south yarra!

Or perhaps east Caulfield reserve? Now the gryphons have buggered off to glen eira...?

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back