SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

So hallam.have marriot ward chin neve peresso but we still knocked em off. Your theorys no good pal. If we are talking individuals those blokes can carry batsons bags.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Div 3 Team of the year so far, extended bench

Anyone stiff to miss out?

Backs.

S. Chin (hallam). D. Kick (black rock) B. Rafferty (black rock)

Half back

R. Marriott (hallam). M. Maginnes (ashwood) D Chin (hallam)

Centre

J.Chapman (ashwood) J.Marriott (Hallam)

F. Martinicchio (ashwood)

Half Forward

E.Samadi (doveton) R.Mckay (Hallam) Corrie Wilson (doveton)

Forwards

Corey Wilson (doveton) T. Kumetaitis (lyndale) S.Peakes (ashwood)

Followers

E.Hanney (south Yarra) M.Peresso (Hallam) D.Batson (endeavour)

Bench

P.ward(Hallam) D.Carroll (ashwood)

C.brady (south. Yarra) S.Stegheuis (south Yarra) k.Saliba (lyndale). R.Forsyth (ashwood) S.Richard (endeavour) J. O'Neill (doveton)
I must be playing in another league

Ashwood
Riley
Scully

Sth Yarra
Volpetti

Lyndhurst
Powell
Waillia

Also Hoe is far better than Batson. Hoe reads it and gives it better than Batson easy

as far as Robbo concerned you can't count him in as he's not a genuine suburban footy player

I could understand you saying that Robbo hasn't played enough in the first half of the season to make the side but if that's not your arguement then he absolutely walks into the side.

Bias aside, Saunders from Ashwood is a good player. We haven't played them yet but I find it hard to believe he isn't in a best of team in this Comp

Last edited:
I could understand you saying that Robbo hasn't played enough in the first half of the season to make the side but if that's not your arguement then he absolutely walks into the side.

Bias aside, Saunders from Ashwood is a good player. We haven't played them yet but I find be it hard to believe he isn't in a best of team in this Comp

I disagree on Robbo who whilst averaging 5 goals a games is good but considering the level he has played at down to Div 3, is it great? Old Goughy was averaging 7-8 per game as a stay at home full forward a few years back which is what Robbo is. Gee based on $2.5k per game it's costing Doveton $500 per goal ATM. Robbo has probably averaging only 10 kicks per game, based on his accuracy and again virtually 90% of kicks on goal. Again, is that the output of an AFL player at Div 3 level? Not in my book.

Need to weigh up what he should be bringing to our standard not just his name as auto entry into the list

If spending $2.5k per game I reckon a midfielder picking up 25-30 possessions would be a benchmark.

I disagree on Robbo who whilst averaging 5 goals a games is good but considering the level he has played at down to Div 3, is it great? Old Goughy was averaging 7-8 per game as a stay at home full forward a few years back which is what Robbo is. Gee based on $2.5k per game it's costing Doveton $500 per goal ATM. Robbo has probably averaging only 10 kicks per game, based on his accuracy and again virtually 90% of kicks on goal. Again, is that the output of an AFL player at Div 3 level? Not in my book.

Need to weigh up what he should be bringing to our standard not just his name as auto entry into the list

If spending $2.5k per game I reckon a midfielder picking up 25-30 possessions would be a benchmark.
Like me bouncey lel

Your $$$ numbers are way way out for a start.
And he would have given away as many goals as he's kicked so your 90% kicks on goal isn't right. He's also probably the forward that applies the most defensive pressure for us. He's been Great. He's been injured the whole time also with some rib damage that hopefully is nearly gone.
6.13 against sandown didn't do his averages and favours! Lol

We're very happy with him

How many forwards get more than 10 kicks a game in our division or even in our league

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must be playing in another league

Ashwood
Riley
Scully

Sth Yarra
Volpetti

Lyndhurst
Powell
Waillia

Also Hoe is far better than Batson. Hoe reads it and gives it better than Batson easy
Surly you don't mean Riley that came from dandy to Ashwood he is soft and a sook I can't believe he is even getting a game In Ashwood's ones they have better players I. There 2s than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surly you don't mean Riley that came from dandy to Ashwood he is soft and a sook I can't believe he is even getting a game In Ashwood's ones they have better players I. There 2s than him
Just because he is an outside player does not mean he is soft. The bloke has some silky skills on him!

How many ashwood games have you seen this to say he hardly gets plenty of it?
One?

I dont have to goto any ashwood games to know what kind of player he is. Ive played against him for 7 years. think thats enough time for me to make an opinion on him. If he was playing for dandenong your opinion would be different.

E/Hills - 120 points. Good on Sandown for getting the points last week! I hope they enjoyed it thoroughly, because it's back to the losses this week. Endeavour building nicely, and will have one eye looking ahead to Hallam at home in a few weeks.

Hallam - 7 points. If there is one place in Melbourne I want to be this Saturday afternoon, it's at Essex Heights Reserve. I think Hallam will have a tad too much class on the outside, but I definitely think that gives the 'Woods an opportunity to dominate inside. Justin Marriott and Manny Peresso are big game players, look for them to explode this week. Does anyone know why McGraw didn't play last week? He adds a bit to Hallam and will be missed this weekend if he is out. A thrilling clash! If Ashwood win, they will practically lock in top spot and the week off, but Hallam can jump to to spot on percentage with a win, so expect both teams to put bodies on the line.

South Yarra - 85 points. Yarra got a little bit of a scare last week against the Pumas, but they are playing a team that has nothing to play for, and will win convincingly at home. Merchant's goals have dried up a tad, but I reckon he could be a chance to go big this week.

Lyndale - 12 points. As good as the Lightning have been defensively at home this season, Lyndale has been getting a really good spread of goal kickers recently, and I feel it will be a bit too much for Lyndhurst to contain over four quarters. Should be a great game nonetheless; with the loser likely to find themselves 3 games + percentage back from the Five.

Black Rock - 90 points. Hear come Black Rock!! It is incredible how much they have improved in the last month or so, pushing Hallam and then defeating Doveton last week. At their best they are a contender, but they are coming from a long way back and can't afford losses. That will not happen this week. Dandenong on the other hand were terrible last week in what was their golden opportunity to win a game. Confidence must be low, and it won't get any better this weekend.

Doveton - 120 points. The reality is that Doveton have now lost to South Yarra, Hallam and the improving Black Rock, and have Ashwood next week. They're winning the games they should, but are struggling against the other contenders. Still think they are thereabouts, but injuries and unavailability are crippling them at the moment, and the key this week will be getting through with personnel and form intact before a season defining match next week. Morrabbbin are cooked, Bone is a star. Neither of those facts will change before the season is over.

Overall, 4 massive blow outs and two great games coming up!!

E/Hills - 120 points. Good on Sandown for getting the points last week! I hope they enjoyed it thoroughly, because it's back to the losses this week. Endeavour building nicely, and will have one eye looking ahead to Hallam at home in a few weeks.

Hallam - 7 points. If there is one place in Melbourne I want to be this Saturday afternoon, it's at Essex Heights Reserve. I think Hallam will have a tad too much class on the outside, but I definitely think that gives the 'Woods an opportunity to dominate inside. Justin Marriott and Manny Peresso are big game players, look for them to explode this week. Does anyone know why McGraw didn't play last week? He adds a bit to Hallam and will be missed this weekend if he is out. A thrilling clash! If Ashwood win, they will practically lock in top spot and the week off, but Hallam can jump to to spot on percentage with a win, so expect both teams to put bodies on the line.

South Yarra - 85 points. Yarra got a little bit of a scare last week against the Pumas, but they are playing a team that has nothing to play for, and will win convincingly at home. Merchant's goals have dried up a tad, but I reckon he could be a chance to go big this week.

Lyndale - 12 points. As good as the Lightning have been defensively at home this season, Lyndale has been getting a really good spread of goal kickers recently, and I feel it will be a bit too much for Lyndhurst to contain over four quarters. Should be a great game nonetheless; with the loser likely to find themselves 3 games + percentage back from the Five.

Black Rock - 90 points. Hear come Black Rock!! It is incredible how much they have improved in the last month or so, pushing Hallam and then defeating Doveton last week. At their best they are a contender, but they are coming from a long way back and can't afford losses. That will not happen this week. Dandenong on the other hand were terrible last week in what was their golden opportunity to win a game. Confidence must be low, and it won't get any better this weekend.

Doveton - 120 points. The reality is that Doveton have now lost to South Yarra, Hallam and the improving Black Rock, and have Ashwood next week. They're winning the games they should, but are struggling against the other contenders. Still think they are thereabouts, but injuries and unavailability are crippling them at the moment, and the key this week will be getting through with personnel and form intact before a season defining match next week. Morrabbbin are cooked, Bone is a star. Neither of those facts will change before the season is over.

I'm not having a dig at ya or anything but just asking as to why u say good job sandown on a win ...but you'll lose by 120 ... then pump up black rock on a massive last month but think they'll only beat Dandenong by 90... even tho sandown beat dandy?

Fair, unbiased, reasonable post. Clearly you've come to the wrong place.

I'm not having a dig at ya or anything but just asking as to why u say good job sandown on a win ...but you'll lose by 120 ... then pump up black rock on a massive last month but think they'll only beat Dandenong by 90... even tho sandown beat dandy?

You would have to be the most annoying poster on here hands down !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back