SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day fellas, long time reader, first time poster.
2 crackers this week:
Woods V Jets
Hills V Hawks

For me
LYNDALE
HALLAM
BLACK ROCK
SOUTH YARRA
DOVETON
MOORABBIN

In other news, looks like Endeavour Hills is Hallam's kryptonite.

Seems like stylistically Endeavour Hills are really good against Hallam

6 into 5 don't work. Will make for some very interesting games in the coming weeks. Black rock looks the real deal.

Is it just injuries that are causing Ashwood's downward slide?

From a few weeks ago, the players just don't look interested. Maybe a coaching thing at ashwood. Has the coach lost the players?

From a few weeks ago, the players just don't look interested. Maybe a coaching thing at ashwood. Has the coach lost the players?
Injuries are only a small part of it, and every team has players out, so we aren't using it as an excuse.
Mick hasn't lost the players. We just aren't working hard enough. Maybe that's due to complacency after our good start, we aren't too sure. But I know the playing group is committed to doing everything they possibly can to get our season back on track and run into some form heading into the business end of the season.

Injuries are only a small part of it, and every team has players out, so we aren't using it as an excuse.
Mick hasn't lost the players. We just aren't working hard enough. Maybe that's due to complacency after our good start, we aren't too sure. But I know the playing group is committed to doing everything they possibly can to get our season back on track and run into some form heading into the business end of the season.

Maybe the envelopes arnt as 'thick' as they were at the start of the season.....

Ashwood to finish 6th, there overrated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for the hills last week. Just looking at the qtr by qtr scores, it looks like it was a cracker. Black Rock continue their charge. Another test for them this week. 2nd to 6th still a raffle. Lyndale maybe one game too far back given their tough run home but who knows.

Shaping up to be one hell of a finals series.

This weeks tips:

Carrum by 24, Sandown showing some improvement. could pinch it if carrum aren't switched on.

Lyndhurst by 60. Got to watch Lyndhurst last week. Wasn't a great game but I could see them making a big step next year if they can find one or two A graders over summer.

Hallam by 40. Can't see Hallam dropping one after last week. Everytime we play Lyndale they seem extremely competitive, have some very handy players and are as hard to beat as anyone. I'm surprised they havent had a better season so far.

Black Rock by 18. Should be a ripper. Going with BR because it's their home game.

Doveton. Looking forward to taking on an endeavour hills side that has been pretty consistent this year and will be flying off the back of last weeks win. Should be a great game.

Ashwood by 70. Moorabbin have some good players but I think Ashwood will be looking to make a statement and find form again. Too much talent to Drop this one.

Maybe the envelopes arnt as 'thick' as they were at the start of the season.....

Ashwood to finish 6th, there overrated

Would take a brave man to completely write off Ashwood, few players missing due to injury & the usual few taking off for a mid season europe fiesta! when everyone is back I imagine they will be a formidable force come finals. Two games clear of 6th so cant see them completely dropping out. BR may end up lamenting those early season losses, there not going to catch anyone on percentage, will need a few results to go there way!

No change to the 5 for me, the finishing order will be interesting

Would take a brave man to completely write off Ashwood, few players missing due to injury & the usual few taking off for a mid season europe fiesta! when everyone is back I imagine they will be a formidable force come finals. Two games clear of 6th so cant see them completely dropping out. BR may end up lamenting those early season losses, there not going to catch anyone on percentage, will need a few results to go there way!

One reserves player went to Europe for a month and returned on the weekend so I wouldn't be using that as any reason for lack of form...
black rock are an absolutely cracking team very different to the first time we played them
Their reserves are good enough to go all the way I think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

South Yarra v Black Rock classic 8 pointer this week - if BR loose would make it tough

One reserves player went to Europe for a month and returned on the weekend so I wouldn't be using that as any reason for lack of form...
black rock are an absolutely cracking team very different to the first time we played them
Their reserves are good enough to go all the way I think

Their reserves lost to Doveton so they can't be that good.

Considering the amount of players our ones have taken, Doveton reserves have been pretty competitive. Beat Black Rock and Ashwood, lost by a goal or two to End Hills and SY. Right in the contest most weeks.

We're on the same boat and I think doveton two's are definitely a very good side just thought luck rock were a bit better... if you have a 2-3 to have back in the side then that's a different story...

2017 RANKINGS
1. Geelong

2. Mornington Peninsula Nepean

3. Eastern

4. Essendon District

5. Northern

6. Western Region

7. Goulburn Valley

8. Ovens & Murray

9. Ballarat

10. Bendigo

11. Hampden

12. South East

13. Gippsland

14. AFL Yarra Ranges

15. Murray

16. Wimmera

17. Mornington Peninsula Nepean (2)

18. Bellarine

19. Sunraysia

20. Central Murray

21. Heathcote District

22. Geelong & District

23. North Central

24. Southern - that's us peanuts

25. Central Highlands

26. Alberton

27. Ellinbank & District

28. Maryborough Castlemaine District

29. Riddell District

30. Warrnambool & District

31. Horsham & District

32. Colac & District

33. Loddon Valley

34. Golden Rivers

35. Mid Gippsland

36. Mininera & District

37. Kyabram District

38. South West District

Granted divisional competition is harder to gauge but we are not the lowest form football in Victoria. Anyone needing to justify their arguments with this is 'outdated'

SFL has jumped up in the past few years & I think it's true indication would be a ranking of 12-17 , yes we are Div3 but I know the hills have knocked off multiple comps in previous years (div4 of EFL for example) & various country leagues, whilst some Div 1 sides have competited & defeated some higher ranked leagues too

We ain't the Rolls Royce of comps haha but we are not the worse.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back