SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

How have Hallam largely escaped scrutiny on here for what is an almighty choke job in both grades, yet other clubs have been pasted mercilessly for far less.
New club so allowed a little slack but if they stuff up next year we shell roll around there and drop a truck load of chicken manure on their doorstep.

ha. Good one Greg. Senior reserves.
Thanks mate. Been a solid supporter of mine for a long time. I dont care what people say about you bouncey. Your alright in my book. . .

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No I'm not, but I have shaken your hand on a number of occasions and even had a half a beer with ya. All the best to you and the club on Saturday. I'm heading up to Darwin Thursday for a bit of fishing so unable to watch.

I hope TheEnemyWithin takes a lot of pride in both games and he is looked after.

You left Chelsea out mate...they are inski....

IMO, the number of clubs in the SFNL doesn't make it easy to work out more than 3 grades, but........

We currently have 33 Clubs, and for the sake of this proposition, i'll add either Hampton Park or Cerebrus as the 34th Club.

Div 1 stays at 10 teams and Div 2 becomes 10 teams also. All teams play each other twice.

Div 3 becomes an 8 team comp with every team playing each other at least twice and 4 other teams three times. Not too dissimilar to current Div three where you play each other once and some teams twice.

Div 4 (which includes Hampton Park or Cerebrus) becomes a 6 team comp with everyone playing each other 3 times for a 15 round season or 4 times for a 20 round season (can be done). Only problem if Cerebrus is the 6th team is that there would be a bye in the Ressies.

Promotion/Demotion as follows:

Div 1 - One team down
Div 2 - One up/Two down
Div 3 - Two up/Two Down
Div 4 - Two up

Obviously the teams going up will be the winner of the Grand Final and the loser (where two go up).

Once again IMO, this at least gives Clubs lower down an opportunity to play finals which in turn helps with recruiting and in turn makes the competition stronger over time.

If we recruit more teams in to the league, we adjust the number of teams accordingly same as we'd do if we lost clubs. Ideally, even numbers would eliminate the Bye which nobody wants!

So the Divisions in 2018, based on finishing positions for the sake of this argument (as GF winners/combatants aren't known), would be:

Div 1 - Dingley, Mordialloc, St. Pauls, Bentleigh, East Malvern, Cheltenham, Oakleigh Districts, St. Kilda City, Port Colts, Chelsea Heights (Top of Div 2)

Div 2 - Clayton (Bottom Div 1), Keysborough, Caulfield, Murrumbeena, Skye, Mt. Waverley, East Brighton, Highett, Hallam (Top of Div 3), Ashwood (2nd Div 3)

Div 3 - Hampton (3rd Bottom Div 2), Springvale Districts(2nd Bottom Div 2), Heatherton(Bottom Div 2), Endeavour Hills, Doveton, Black Rock, South Yarra, Lyndale

Div 4 - Lyndhurst, Moorabbin, Carrum Patterson Lakes, Sandown, Dandenong, Cerebrus or Hampton Park

NB. Any team entering the comp enters at Div 4 (or the lowest division available)

It works well in the Ammos and they have 7 divisions + U/19s + Clubbies

Yeah strong club. Still a new club really and are flying. Will probs lose a couple but will gain some. In a better position than alot of other clubs.

Only club to have U19s, thirds, reserves & seniors. Plus a women's side. Huge upside, can't see them dropping off, will be a force next year after a disappointing finals series. Looking forward to watching the granny on sat, if Robbo plays it's Doveton for me. Then we can all sit back and enjoy watching them sink in div 2!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only club to have U19s, thirds, reserves & seniors. Plus a women's side. Huge upside, can't see them dropping off, will be a force next year after a disappointing finals series. Looking forward to watching the granny on sat, if Robbo plays it's Doveton for me. Then we can all sit back and enjoy watching them sink in div 2!!

Mate we have 19s thirds reserves and seniors and 2 womens side. So not the only ones. But they are in a great position also

Correction dig! Second club, & our women's ones would flog the SFL BUT Hallam have the Hallam Acamedy & with manny retiring after their match in the rooms, he'll probs move into coaching & that great stream of kids from Hallam academy to HFC make them a powerhouse !!! It's envitable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With how bad his onfield banter is he'd get a kick in the nuts.
Brooksy banta?? Please you d get better zingers out of a gumboot , plain as day to see zingers don't come out of his mouth they just go in....with some large chips and wicked wings ta boot I'd say

Brooksy banta?? Please you d get better zingers out of a gumboot , plain as day to see zingers don't come out of his mouth they just go in....with some large chips and wicked wings ta boot I'd say
Haha. Not much i can do besides eat hey. Im sure if you told everyone who you were youd be copping a pasting on here. Ill eat 25 zingers if we win the flag saturday. Ill share one with you over a beer and some banter. Maybe you can teach me some.

Meeting obviously went well at Dandenong. President has resigned........is the writing the wall now???

Correct. The whole world will fall apart because a club president resigned..

Assuming based on your comments their coach setting training dates and a rebuild committee being set up is just a front for them folding.

Is there anyone actually from the club that knows what is going on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back