SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely correct Tiger. Great post.

I'm HO didn't do this research, all they had were $$ in their eyes and listen to a squealing club who couldn't cut it in their current league.
You make some valid points in your arguments bounce, but as you know the sfnl are a business. And like all businesses unless you grow you die. SFNL is growing yeAr on year and becoming profitable. SEFNL is dying a slow death with clubs leaving and the AFL propping it up.

Thoughts on the decision to put them into Div 3? Would have thought if they were spending the 75k cap then could be an absolute joke basically going undefeated, unless they spend it on lemons

You make some valid points in your arguments bounce, but as you know the sfnl are a business. And like all businesses unless you grow you die. SFNL is growing yeAr on year and becoming profitable. SEFNL is dying a slow death with clubs leaving and the AFL propping it up.
They are actually a community orginization. Making money is not number one.

Sefnl is profitable. They have run a comp with only 9 sides and charge pretty much the same fees as sfnl do with 30+ sides.

Totally agree that is why the cynical feel they let them in so they would not be blame for the demise of Dandenong and Sandown......"oh, did we do that?, sorry!"

They are actually a community orginization. Making money is not number one.

Sefnl is profitable. They have run a comp with only 9 sides and charge pretty much the same fees as sfnl do with 30+ sides.
The AFL southeast commission that runs the SEFNL is not a community organisation. The AFL pays there wages to run that league

Thoughts on the decision to put them into Div 3? Would have thought if they were spending the 75k cap then could be an absolute joke basically going undefeated, unless they spend it on lemons

Why the fucck would a club come into Southern div 3 and spend 75k on player payments ?

If anyone thinks that's gonna happen they have rocks in their head.

Why the fucck would a club come into Southern div 3 and spend 75k on player payments ?

If anyone thinks that's gonna happen they have rocks in their head.
They will if they are Building a side to go up to div 1. Recruit a gun side and they all go down in points the following year so you can recruit again.

They will if they are Building a side to go up to div 1. Recruit a gun side and they all go down in points the following year so you can recruit again.

Big bad Hampton Park have won 4 flags in 50 years and 4 games in the last 6 years are gonna roll into Southern Div 3 like John Wayne and take over .... ? They will buy recruits and manipulate the point system and will win flag after flag after flag... Look out Noble Park you're only 15 minutes down the road you could be next on The Hampton Park hit list.

LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big bad Hampton Park have won 4 flags in 50 years and 4 games in the last 6 years are gonna roll into Southern Div 3 like John Wayne and take over .... ? They will buy recruits and manipulate the point system and will win flag after flag after flag... Look out Noble Park you're only 15 minutes down the road you could be next on The Hampton Park hit list.

LOL
They have said they would have preferred div 2. Most would agree they are better suited to div 2. It's not manipulating the points system to build a side ready to go up. It's how it's meant to work. I'm sure they will be hoping to spend only the one year in div 3 so they will try to build a dominant side. Nothing silly about that.

Now they are in and their onfield issues are gone they will become a very strong SFNL side. It's a great move for them

if they have the cash why wouldn't they spend the cap am sure every other club would if they could

Well I'm not an accountant or a finance expert... but anyone with half a brain can work out that income in is gonna drop coming into southern div 3... gate takings bar sales etc etc.... no point coming in and spending all their cash and being broke in a year or two

They have said they would have preferred div 2. Most would agree they are better suited to div 2. It's not manipulating the points system to build a side ready to go up. It's how it's meant to work. I'm sure they will be hoping to spend only the one year in div 3 so they will try to build a dominant side. Nothing silly about that.

Now they are in and their onfield issues are gone they will become a very strong SFNL side. It's a great move for them

When was the last time you watched Hampton Park play ? They have not looked like winning a game for 2 years ... I don't know how bad Div 3 is but I cannot see them rolling in and winning a flag with what they've got even if they splash out on a few recruits.. it would be financial suicide to throw all their money away and buy a flag in div 3.......... will be broke in 2 years if they do.

a lot of u ppl are panicking about nothing.

When was the last time you watched Hampton Park play ? They have not looked like winning a game for 2 years ... I don't know how bad Div 3 is but I cannot see them rolling in and winning a flag with what they've got even if they splash out on a few recruits.. it would be financial suicide to throw all their money away and buy a flag in div 3.......... will be broke in 2 years if they do.

a lot of u ppl are panicking about nothing.
HP spending 70k is not throwing all their money away.

I dont think they will get near winning it.. best side is the hills comfortably. No bias there either. Should have won the granny didnt no excuses but natural progression and def some handy recruits they will be absolutley flying

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back