SFNL Division 1 2017

WHO WILL WIN THE 2017 DIV 1 FLAG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what other clubs spend but dingley annual report says 120k. That's a lot of money but peanuts compaired to some other leagues. East Malvern 150k?
Ironic that Port Melbourne in the VFL has asked its players to play for nothing in Round 1 because they are broke. AFL is spending money everywhere except at the grass roots. If a club like Port goes to the wall then AFL is stuffed.

Have Bentleigh lost many Langers? I heard a whisper couple maybe wavering! Nicholls? lawry?
Nichols has gone to USA. Obviously Robbo and Kade Murphy have left for Chelsea, tristian mayling joining the div 1 ressies going to div 2. Actually looks like we may have too many once again as a few handy players have wandered in.

Last edited:
Clayton just given training off friday night see use next week coming off there fb page. Surely not good signs a divvy 1 side just having a night off training? Is it just me or is that strange?
Clayton are training 3 nights a week as well as Fridays weather supposed to be s**t house

With port coming in and all sides recruiting well, Div 1 will be very even and strong. Bring it on pumped for footy to start

Ironic that Port Melbourne in the VFL has asked its players to play for nothing in Round 1 because they are broke. AFL is spending money everywhere except at the grass roots. If a club like Port goes to the wall then AFL is stuffed.
Money that could've been used to prop up stand alone clubs like Port Melbourne VFL & Frankston Dolphins (who have been around for eons), has otherwise been spent to launch AFLW & buy GWS a flag within their first 8 years of existence

As long as GWS win a flag. They can celebrate with their 3000 supporters. Why isn't the media raising these issues?
Scared of having their AFL media accreditation revoked?? or at risk of having players be made unavailable to them for interviews?? Call it a conspiracy but AFL have the media by the cohunes. they are more powerful than you think. Try reporting on a game when no player or official will be made available to you.

I haven't heard one media identity criticize ALFW, yet men's footy is pulled apart and players poured over the coals. Why is that? Because its in the best interests of the media to pump up women's footy as they can report on footy for 2 extra months of the year. Media get their pockets lined as a result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scared of having their AFL media accreditation revoked?? or at risk of having players be made unavailable to them for interviews?? Call it a conspiracy but AFL have the media by the cohunes. they are more powerful than you think. Try reporting on a game when no player or official will be made available to you.

I haven't heard one media identity criticize ALFW, yet men's footy is pulled apart and players poured over the coals. Why is that? Because its in the best interests of the media to pump up women's footy as they can report on footy for 2 extra months of the year. Media get their pockets lined as a result

Ofcourse you are correct, however if the media played hard ball it would be the AFL that would suffer. Look at soccer. First chance the media get, they kick the s*it out of them.

East Malvern's new stars will be on show Friday night v Seaford if my mail is correct? Not 100% sure of the venue. Maybe at StKilda training ground?

It all went pear shaped for PC when the committee replaced him. What the hell were they thinking.
Yeah it didn't have a good outcome for a long while Though last year was a decent year and he's back so we are building He's passion is second to none and he has red hair so he hates losing haha

Any Practice Match Results over the weekend? Dingoes had their Pre Season camp in Rosebud. First Praccy against Narre after the Long Weekend. Heard on the weekend that St Kilda City have applied for an increase on Player Points through Football Victoria?? Surely they are taking the piss considering their U/19's have just won Back to Back Flags.

Any Practice Match Results over the weekend? Dingoes had their Pre Season camp in Rosebud. First Praccy against Narre after the Long Weekend. Heard on the weekend that St Kilda City have applied for an increase on Player Points through Football Victoria?? Surely they are taking the piss considering their U/19's have just won Back to Back Flags.
If you look at their clearances you'll see those same under 19s went chasing $$ in the EFL because City would stop paying them when they play ressies

If you look at their clearances you'll see those same under 19s went chasing $$ in the EFL because City would stop paying them when they play ressies
They shot themselves in the foot with that one, a club that has to pay under 19s shouldn't have an under 19s. Doesn't matter because I can't see them getting increased player points unless AFL Vic are willing to lose all creditability

Anyone else notice how poor the camera work has been in the preseason episodes? St.Kilda City and Port Colts going well according to the videos though

Back