SFNL Division 1 2017

WHO WILL WIN THE 2017 DIV 1 FLAG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see st Kilda city used up all their 48 points on Saturday. Apparently 14 new players debuted for the club

anyone not happy with the club thay are at or not getting a game we are looking for players up here at mackay magpies north queensland were the temp is always fine

And they still lost
Strange to see St Kildas coach play two blokes behind the ball in the first quarter and they had the wind

Was a very tough fought out contest from the start The pressure made it ugly with not many passages of play We had young gun Max Russell go down early and hurt us going forward
Second half had to Colts get in first for the ball and came back and held on in terrible conditions Great win for the club in front of a huge crowd

Colts had 6 new blokes and few juniors back to the club
We will be competitive and push some of the top sides

Looking forward to deathly rivalry with City

Strange to see St Kildas coach play two blokes behind the ball in the first quarter and they had the wind

Was a very tough fought out contest from the start The pressure made it ugly with not many passages of play We had young gun Max Russell go down early and hurt us going forward
Second half had to Colts get in first for the ball and came back and held on in terrible conditions Great win for the club in front of a huge crowd

Defintley a good outing for you blokes, Mordialloc in a couple will be a real good test to see if you guys can match it with thise at the top

Hey parkfooty, I'm interested to know how port colts get these players with out having a 19s team for the last few years. You guys must have a great culture to maintain success. I know the last few years in the WRFL weren't as good for use but looks like you are up n about again. Good luck in div1 this year bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dingley are a clear example of reaping the benefits of having a strong junior structure. They have a lot of wriggle room if they want to recruit some guns during the season

Just a thought .The latest trend is getting a ex AFL to play a couple of games on permit.

1- does the payment / contract go against the club salary cap? Eg ; Fev charges $5k plus % gate takings
2 - do the points system still apply to this scenario?

Dingley are a clear example of reaping the benefits of having a strong junior structure. They have a lot of wriggle room if they want to recruit some guns during the season
Its tough for clubs with no juniors that are in areas with low junior numbers to compete. Every player you bring in is a three pointer.

We're colts at full strength

From in the interview I heard with colts female committee member They had 3/4 missing and are close to signing an ex AFL 200 game player who lives and works in port Melbourne and can't play where he had already signed. Hoping to have this recruit available by round 2.
Though they did suffer two broken wrist to their full forward and another player.
Strange to have two players suffer the same force type injury.

Just a thought .The latest trend is getting a ex AFL to play a couple of games on permit.

1- does the payment / contract go against the club salary cap? Eg ; Fev charges $5k plus % gate takings
2 - do the points system still apply to this scenario?

Yes & Yes

Last week East Brighton Player Points 36, Dingley 27!!! Go figure.

I can still hear the Peanut Gallery having a crack at The Dingoes future:)

Very true but you must have juniors in the first place to reap those benefits. Dingley have had established juniors for 50 years and not many other options for kids growing up in Dingley. Areas like Cheltenham, Hampton, Mordy etc have junior clubs every 500 metres!

Having said that Dingley do it well and good luck to them but some clubs have little option but to go to market each year.

Last edited:
Yes well said localfootyfan08 Our young full forward broke his wrist it was his first senior game which is a shame but he started well which is good signs. The AFL player is still in the works as you know nothings for sure in park footy these days
We only had one broken wrist . We have 4-5 to come in over the next three to four weeks and a few young blokes pushing up from the 2s
We have a long way to go with a young team. Looking forward to the challenge

Very true but you must have juniors in the first place to reap those benefits. Dingley have had established juniors for 50 years not many other options for kids growing up in Dingley. Areas like Cheltenham, Hampton, Mordy etc have junior clubs every 500 metres!

Having said that Dingley do it well and good luck to them but some clubs have little option but to go to market each year.
Welll said BTL.

We don't have a one size fits all model and clubs need to be agile to there individual situation.

as I said we are still looking for key players up here at mackay magpies were the temp is always warm in queensland ring me on 0414416879

Round 2 what are people's thoughts on this weeks games?
Can mordi back it up?
Will EM bounce back
How will the saints fair against the premiers on their home deck.
Can port continue their good start to div1??
My tips
Mordi v Colts. I'm tipping Mordi to win this by 12 goals after last weeks effort the team to beat.
Chelt v Bentleigh. Think Chelt can win this on their home deck.
St.pauls v OD. Think the districts will be to good in this one. Expecting them to be tops 3 this year.
Saints v dingoes while I think the dingoes will win it will be just. Saints will be better than round 1 though.
The final game on Sunday
Clayton v EM will see the boom side get their first win for the season by 100 plus.

Back