SFNL Division 1 2017

WHO WILL WIN THE 2017 DIV 1 FLAG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Dingley number may need some work!! Anyway if they can afford good luck to them. The positive is some tier 1 talent is moving into the league across quite a few teams.
What do you mean my dingley number might need some work? Its all in the end of year report

yeah I agree, if they can afford them good luck to them. It's great news for this Comp and the standard will lift

I'm fully aware, what's your point?

you might have to carry a calculator around in the back pocket mate

No. No need. The SFL website does it all for you. Every club has an equal amount of points they can allocate per match.

So unless for some reason you think EM are paying more per point than other clubs, then really you're just full of s**t.

No. No need. The SFL website does it all for you. Every club has an equal amount of points they can allocate per match.

So unless for some reason you think EM are paying more per point than other clubs, then really you're just full of s**t.

No there's a salary cap for that, or aren't you aware?

How did Rye fair over the last couple of years since they recruited the ex Vermont Guns?

Did ok. Finals 2014, just missed in 2015 and mid table last year. A much stronger competition than the SFL and some neighbouring clubs have very deep pockets. The aforementioned players certainly more than held their own. One or more of them won comp and club B&Fs, rep team selction etc. No doubting their quality, even if they are all probably past their absolute best.

Year after year? One comment about EM and you go into over exaggerations. You're a little touchy "Bruce" or paranoid

I know the points system as well as the salary cap guidelines inside out so don't lecture me what I have no idea about. It's club's like you and St Kilda City who put little effort into junior structure, but ask the league for dispensation for points, that people like myself will be watching like a hawk. That goes for points allocation & background checks for your new recruits too, to make sure they're in actual fact 3 points and not 4 or 5

Did ok. Finals 2014, just missed in 2015 and mid table last year. A much stronger competition than the SFL and some neighbouring clubs have very deep pockets. The aforementioned players certainly more than held their own. One or more of them won comp and club B&Fs, rep team selction etc. No doubting their quality, even if they are all probably past their absolute best.

So after all of the "who ha" when they left Vermont for Rye, they pull the pin on Rye after finishing mid table.

Look out EM, not the kind of recruits that you would target unless your only concern is the short term.

So after all of the "who ha" when they left Vermont for Rye, they pull the pin on Rye after finishing mid table.

Look out EM, not the kind of recruits that you would target unless your only concern is the short term.

Would suggest that other players (or lack thereof) would account for the mid table finish as these blokes were generally amongst the best. However your point about short term is spot on as they are hardly in their prime.

Saw them play Sorrento in the last game of the year in 2015. Bardon had a day out. The rest cracked it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Year after year? One comment about EM and you go into over exaggerations. You're a little touchy "Bruce" or paranoid

I know the points system as well as the salary cap guidelines inside out so don't lecture me what I have no idea about. It's club's like you and St Kilda City who put little effort into junior structure, but ask the league for dispensation for points, that people like myself will be watching like a hawk. That goes for points allocation & background checks for your new recruits too, to make sure they're in actual fact 3 points and not 4 or 5

I'm sure that the SFNL will be eternally grateful to have a bloke like you as their unpaid cop on the beat. When did EM ask for points dispensation? That's new.

See the thing I've worked out about you is that you're full of motherhood statements that sound kind of plausible. But whenever they're about something that I actually know about, like my own club, you're nowhere close to the truth. So I can only presume that your grand statements about other clubs are full of s**t as well.

But you keep on "watching like a hawk". Maybe the SFNL Media arm can employ you as a "fact checker". Tossbag.

Player Points and Cash aside, it's great for the Comp for teams to be bringing new players in especially when they have played better footy. It makes for a great Division Next Year. Dingley, East Malvern, City, Mordy, Bentleigh and Oakleigh should round out the top 6 All have eyes on a flag next year, and you would expect Chelt and St Pauls to also improve given their recruits. Plus the addition of Port Colts who will be more than competitive. Only battling team appears to be Clayton.

Player Points and Cash aside, it's great for the Comp for teams to be bringing new players in especially when they have played better footy. It makes for a great Division Next Year. Dingley, East Malvern, City, Mordy, Bentleigh and Oakleigh should round out the top 6 All have eyes on a flag next year, and you would expect Chelt and St Pauls to also improve given their recruits. Plus the addition of Port Colts who will be more than competitive. Only battling team appears to be Clayton.
Clayton are calling all past 2s and thirds players who have left over the last fee years to come back some guaranteed a seniors game. That cant be good can it? Guaranteeing thirds players a senior game?

Don't underestimate Clayton. In 2014 we were saying a similar thing & in came Scanlon x 3, Andy Ray and Chris Lee.

Let's not forget this year's coach had ties with Balwyn

Colts lost Clarke and Sutcliffe so unless they've got some real talent recruits its hard to see them competitive

all depends on getting recruits across the line. I heard they are speaking to A grade quality but I'm not going early just yet

Very late in the piece to be trying to recruit players. A powerful club back in the day but very few kids in that area now play footy and the junior arm folded years ago. Only option is to bid against other better resourced and more financial clubs for players.

The new coach is a local and may have some pulling power. Has previous ties to the club and recent involvement with an EFL powerhouse but I reckon it will be a very tough season for the Clays.

Very late in the piece to be trying to recruit players. A powerful club back in the day but very few kids in that area now play footy and the junior arm folded years ago. Only option is to bid against other better resourced and more financial clubs for players.

The new coach is a local and may have some pulling power. Has previous ties to the club and recent involvement with an EFL powerhouse but I reckon it will be a very tough season for the Clays.
Spot on. They won't bottom out as much as East Brighton but looking down thar barrel, more so when Div 1 depth looks to have increased.

Back