SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixed it.

Do it all in one swoop and footy will be much better, more local and more even across the board.

South-East Football League (18 clubs, 2 divs)
Edi-Asp (MPFNL)
Chelsea (MPFNL)
Devon Meadows (MPFNL)
Bonbeach (MPFNL)
Cranbourne (SFNL)
Skye (SFNL)
Lyndhurst (SFNL)
Narre South (SFNL)
Hampton Park (SFNL)
Hallam (SFNL)
Carrum Patterson Lakes (SFNL)
Chelsea Heights (SFNL)
Narre Warren (OEFNL)
Berwick Springs (OEFNL)
Officer (OEFNL)
Pakenham (OEFNL)
Berwick (EFNL)
Beaconsfield (EFNL)

Can soon be 20 clubs are there are more than enough juniors in this region for two new clubs – there are standalone junior clubs and other enormous clubs that are the size of multiple clubs. Additional senior clubs should have happened long ago. Narre North a good example.

MPFNL (20 clubs, 2 divs)
Sorrento (MPFNL)
Rye (MPFNL)
Rosebud (MPFNL)
Dromana (MPFNL)
Red Hill (MPFNL)
Crib Point (MPFNL)
Hastings (MPFNL)
Tyabb (MPFNL)
Somerville (MPFNL)
Mt Eliza (MPFNL)
Mornington (MPFNL)
Frankston YCW (MPFNL)
Frankston Bombers (MPFNL)
Karingal (MPFNL)
Langwarrin (MPFNL)
Pearcedale (MPFNL)
Seaford (MPFNL)
Pines (MPFNL)
Frankston Dolphins (SFNL)
South Mornington (SFNL)

SFNL (30 clubs, 3 divs)
Cheltenham (SFNL)
St Pauls (SFNL)
Port Colts (SFNL)
Springvale Districts (SFNL)
Dingley (SFNL)
East Brighton (SFNL)
Bentleigh (SFNL)
Mordialloc (SFNL)
Murrumbeena (SFNL)
Endeavour Hills (SFNL)
Doveton (SFNL)
Caulfield (SFNL)
Highett (SFNL)
Keysborough (SFNL)
St Kilda City (SFNL)
Heatherton (SFNL)
Black Rock (SFNL)
Ashwood (SFNL)
Hampton (SFNL)
Lyndale (SFNL)
Doveton Eagles (SFNL)
Moorabbin (SFNL)
Dandenong West (SFNL)
Clayton (SFNL)
South Yarra (SFNL)
Oakleigh District (EFNL)
Ormond (VAFA)
Beaumaris (VAFA)
Glen Eira (VAFA)
Parkdale (VAFA)

YVMDFL (20 clubs, 2 divs)
Woori Yallock (OEFL)
Olinda Ferny Creek (OEFL)
Wandin (OEFL)
Upwey Tecoma (OEFL)
Gembrook Cockatoo (OEFL)
Mt Evelyn (OEFL)
Monbulk (OEFL)
Emerald (OEFL)
Healesville (OEFL)
Belgrave (OEFL)
Alexandra (OEFL)
Seville (OEFL)
Warburton Millgrove (OEFL)
Yarra Junction (OEFL)
Yarra Glen (OEFL)
Yea (OEFL)
Powelltown (OEFL)
Silvan (EFNL)
Coldstream (EFNL)
Lilydale (EFNL)

EFNL (40 clubs, 4 divs)
7 clubs removed:
Berwick, Beaconsfield (SEFL)
Oakleigh District (SFNL)
Coldstream, Lilydale (YVMDL)
Templestowe, Warrandyte (NFNL – both are closer to the northern league)
Great in hindsight but will never happen. Too much change for this to ever occur! Many clubs set in their ways with expectations way above where they should be.

Sfnl - Port Phillip, Bayside, Glen eira and Kingston city councils (Stonnington?)

Mpnfl - Frankston CC and MPSC

Could probs have a few of the long-standing sfnl clubs from dandy remain (Keysy, springy etc)

Efnl and oefl take the rest

Weekend findings:
Cranbourne look to be done. 3 uncompetitive games in a row. I know Holt is gone but was there anyone else who has jumped ship or know what's going on? Lack of motivation? Age? Coach? Lose to Dingley next week and will be very hard to make finals from 0-4.
Bentleigh will cause upsets. If they can take a big scalp soon I think that will do them wonders.
Hard to get a read on East Brighton. I'd probably put them around Bentleigh's level. Will fill those 6-7 spots and could crack the top 5 if they get a run on.
The sooner round 18 ends for Mordi the better. Significantly worse than last year. By all accounts seem like a toxic place to be in at the moment.

Hoping the ANZAC day match is a competitive contest but otherwise looking forward to Cranbourne V Dingley.
Toxic ? So you’re getting second hand information like your match reports over the years ? As bad as the internal politics at Bentleigh only a few years ago ? Hopefully Bentleigh can make the Finals one year with players from their exceptionally strong U19s…..

EFNL (40 clubs, 4 divs)
7 clubs removed:
Berwick, Beaconsfield (SEFL)
Oakleigh District (SFNL)
Coldstream, Lilydale (YVMDL)
Templestowe, Warrandyte (NFNL – both are closer to the northern league)

As someone who followed Templestowe when they were in the DVFL and EDFL/EFL, I cannot see them wanting to go back there, even now.

Some of those would be forced movements from all they have known (e.g. Warrandyte, Lilydale), so I could only see that happening if the moves were forced by AFLV, which would go totally against the grain of their track record.

As someone who followed Templestowe when they were in the DVFL and EDFL/EFL, I cannot see them wanting to go back there, even now.

Some of those would be forced movements from all they have known (e.g. Warrandyte, Lilydale), so I could only see that happening if the moves were forced by AFLV, which would go totally against the grain of their track record.

To be fair Morty Lilydale were once in the old yarra valley comp - albeit in the early part of the 1900’s!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back