SFNL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatherton have gone up to div 2 Taking mounts place
Thats a very odd choice. Why wouldn't it be Endeavor Hills? In VAFA the two grand finalists go up, not the premiership winner and a team who didn't make the finals. Real odd.

I understand the circumstances are much different but theres no logic in that.

Have Mt Waverley folded or dropped down a division?

s**t form by the SFL if they have been allowed to drop down a division. Other clubs have had to take their medicine (East Brighton, Clayton) when they know they've got no chance.

Have Mt Waverley folded or dropped down a division?

s**t form by the SFL if they have been allowed to drop down a division. Other clubs have had to take their medicine (East Brighton, Clayton) when they know they've got no chance.
Yeah fair point but from all reports Mount are struggling to keep their doors open so a really tough year onfield could end them. EB and Clayton were in stronger positions as clubs even though they were struggling on gameday.

Anyone holding out hope to get the fixture before the SFL shuts their office for Christmas and save us an extra three-week wait?
You would expect that all they have to do is swap in Heatherton for Mt Waverley from the draft fixture ...
Fixtures were sent to clubs this morning. You would think they will be released in the next 24 hrs online

Think HP declined. They are a red hot chance for the flag so you can see their thinking I guess. Must have been tempted though

I find it odd if the redbacks did decline for some reason. I spoke to their president recently and he indicated that HP were keen and the ball was in the court of the league and other clubs. he mentioned that the eagles had shown some resistance but other than that it seemed like they were happy to go up. no doubt i'll find out more tomorrow. I must say choosing heatherton is an odd one considering ladder positions.

something must have happened behind the scenes because I also spoke to thomo from springy and he had heard that HP were coming up to div 2 and was quite excited about how strong the division would be. watch this space I guess.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it odd if the redbacks did decline for some reason. I spoke to their president recently and he indicated that HP were keen and the ball was in the court of the league and other clubs. he mentioned that the eagles had shown some resistance but other than that it seemed like they were happy to go up. no doubt i'll find out more tomorrow. I must say choosing heatherton is an odd one considering ladder positions.

something must have happened behind the scenes because I also spoke to thomo from springy and he had heard that HP were coming up to div 2 and was quite excited about how strong the division would be. watch this space I guess.....
The Eagles didn’t make any comment or effort to stop HP coming up. Had heard HP were discussing it, that’s about it.

Big call by Heatherton. Caulfield made it work a few years back so it can be done.

What a pathetic, spineless decision to allow a soulless club with zero heart to drop down a division.
Everyone was happy to swarm to the club when they were perennial contenders in div 3, but when they aren't a big fish in a small pond, and things actually get a bit hard, everyone goes running for the door.
People get stuck into the Dandenong's and Sandown's of the league, but at least these clubs show a bit of ticker when things get tough.
Yet another black eye for the league.

What a pathetic, spineless decision to allow a soulless club with zero heart to drop down a division.
Everyone was happy to swarm to the club when they were perennial contenders in div 3, but when they aren't a big fish in a small pond, and things actually get a bit hard, everyone goes running for the door.
People get stuck into the Dandenong's and Sandown's of the league, but at least these clubs show a bit of ticker when things get tough.

I pretty much have to agree considering what has happened in recent seasons. pretty sure east brighton, clayton, and hallam (if not more clubs) were told to suck it up and cop a tough year yet for some reason mount is allowed to drop a division. the inconsistencies continue to take place which is what is most frustrating. gotta say though that i'm still baffled that the redbacks didn't take the opportunity to go up. div 2 would have been (and still will be) a very competitive division......

Agree. Yet another black eye for the league. But for balance Sandown have twice gone into recess and not sure that is a great option. I reckon with the competition for clubs in that area and the changing demographic that might be end them entirely. Some people might like to see that but personally I think enough clubs have folded or merged and don’t want to see another go, at least not without exploring all other available options.

As an opposition spectator watching East Brighton and Clayton get hammered in Div. 1 by far superior clubs was not a particularly enjoyable experience for players or supporters. Have no issue with clubs being put in lower grades if it aids in their long-term survival. Other comps do it but they must be consistent. Can’t allow it for some but not others.

Would expect anything less from a dogshit club, pack of cowards when they aren't winning by 50 points every week. s**t facilities too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back