SFNL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably quite well. The fat bloke and the rest of the pea hearts will come flooding back now that the competition is not so difficult.

There seems to be a lot of criticism towards them on this thread. What’s it all about?

surely the league are taking the piss if this is the case.....
Would be amazed if this is happening.
Div 2 clubs would be screaming. I know my mob will be if there’s any truth to it.

I’m sure HP would have jumped at the chance to come up and get unlimited points if offered it and who would blame them. It’s a golden ticket. Can’t imagine they would offer it to Heatherton if they didn’t to HP.

And if a deal like this was being offered the league would have to be crazy to do it on the quiet after last years debacle over the exact same thing.

The new CEO seems a good operator and too smart for this.

There seems to be a lot of criticism towards them on this thread. What’s it all about?

Going got a bit tough for Mount when they found out that divy 2 wasn't the auskick standard they were used to dominating in div 3. A few players left and now non of em want a bar of div 2 because they'll get flogged most weeks. Gutless club with no ticker. Happy to go back to div 3 though... cowards. At least teams in other divisions stay thick when it has gotten hard for them.. East Brighton in div 1, the dandenongs and sandowns..

Going got a bit tough for Mount when they found out that divy 2 wasn't the auskick standard they were used to dominating in div 3. A few players left and now non of em want a bar of div 2 because they'll get flogged most weeks. Gutless club with no ticker. Happy to go back to div 3 though... cowards. At least teams in other divisions stay thick when it has gotten hard for them.. East Brighton in div 1, the dandenongs and sandowns..

Fair enough. Makes sense. Would love someone from mount to comment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all.

I thought it would best to get on here and dispel any rumours and chatter about the status of Mt Waverley FNC.

1. The club DID NOT request to go down to Division 3
This is happening due to one reason only: Money.
The club owes league fees and informed the SFNL that the outstanding amount cannot be rectified before Round 1 of the 2019 season, and will struggle to keep up to date with 2019 league fees without drastic increase in Sponsorship & Revenue (which they could not guarantee could happen).
The SFNL decided to move Mt Waverley to Division 3 as they stated "The league fees are a lot less and hopefully will be easier for the club to pay & operate competitively".

As some of you who have been involved in clubs going up from Division 3 to Division 2, the League fees increase substantially, but this does not mean our supporter base, sponsorship & general revenue increases at the same rate. It sometimes helps, but nothing in performance based environments is ever guaranteed.

2. 8 out of the Top 10 Senior Players have left the club
90% of them have left to the one club on the promise of being paid in a highly rated league.
No official transfers have come through yet, but it will be only a matter of time.
Not saying that some of these players might change their minds and come back, hopefully they do.

3. Off-Field Personnel changeover
Certain key committee members were always planned to step down at the end of 2018, it was just a very poor coincidence that key senior players decided to move clubs at the same time. Which put the club in very tenuous position to folding, as there were no immediate replacements (despite numerous people being approached).
This has however opened the door for fresh blood to come onto the committee in Key Positions.
A new President has been chosen and he will be announced in due time, at the moment the new committee is currently in planning mode and getting everything sorted quickly for the 2019 season.

4. On-Field
We have no idea what our team list will be yet. Not even sure if we will field two teams.
We don't even have a coach for Seniors or Reserves yet.
** ANY PLAYERS AND/OR COACHES LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLUB ON FACEBOOK **

Good luck to all for 2019.

Never like to see clubs fold at all but we (SY) lost 20/22 senior players after the 2011 season, battled through with 1 win in 2012 and when we should have been demoted to d3, BR was forced to do down for not paying their bills and we stayed up again for a winless season and battled hard again in 2018...give us s**t about our facilities all you want but you can't knock our ability (especially Hilly) to grind year after year with next to nothing and never, ever asking to be demoted at anytime

Would be amazed if this is happening.
Div 2 clubs would be screaming. I know my mob will be if there’s any truth to it.

I’m sure HP would have jumped at the chance to come up and get unlimited points if offered it and who would blame them. It’s a golden ticket. Can’t imagine they would offer it to Heatherton if they didn’t to HP.

And if a deal like this was being offered the league would have to be crazy to do it on the quiet after last years debacle over the exact same thing.

The new CEO seems a good operator and too smart for this.

Well it will all come out in the wash in Round 1. People aren't silly. Its not hard to know where someone has come from and what they've achieved

Attempting to start up a bit of hype on this forum!
My ladder and most important player from each player are:

1.Hampton Park. Looked the goods last year early on before losing their way. Carver their most important as when he kicks goals they generally win.

2. Clayton. Bit of an unknown for teams coming down from division two. The appointment of EH’s old coach is a master stroke as he knows how to win games (just not grand finals). Unsure
who they’re best players are

3. Black Rock. Looks to have recruited quite well with players from stronger leagues. Dalton their most important

4. Endeavour hills. Might slide a bit this year as have lost a few. Their bald CHB most important. Shuts down opponents more often than not.

5. Ashwood. Unsure about these guys this year and will need another key forward and not their coaches son. Pat Carroll their most important.

6. Cerberus. Looked in white hot form at the business end of last season and finished with the flag. Unsure of best plauers

7. SY. Were ordinary last year and I think it’ll be the same again. Hanney when fit and firing in the ruck gives their mids first use.

8. Mt Waverley. Always sad to see clubs struggling. Most clubs have endured it and have come back well. Hopefully this is the case with the mountain lions. Unsure of best

Discuss

1.Hampton Park. Looked the goods last year early on before losing their way. Carver their most important as when he kicks goals they generally win.

Discuss

I think you'll find the reason Carver kicks goals when they win is because he likes to beat up on the weaker sides.

2. Clayton. Bit of an unknown for teams coming down from division two. The appointment of EH’s old coach is a master stroke as he knows how to win games (just not grand finals). Unsure
who they’re best players are

3. Black Rock. Looks to have recruited quite well with players from stronger leagues. Dalton their most important

4. Endeavour hills. Might slide a bit this year as have lost a few. Their bald CHB most important. Shuts down opponents more often than not.

5. Ashwood. Unsure about these guys this year and will need another key forward and not their coaches son. Pat Carroll their most important.

6. Cerberus. Looked in white hot form at the business end of last season and finished with the flag. Unsure of best plauers

7. SY. Were ordinary last year and I think it’ll be the same again. Hanney when fit and firing in the ruck gives their mids first use.

8. Mt Waverley. Always sad to see clubs struggling. Most clubs have endured it and have come back well. Hopefully this is the case with the mountain lions. Unsure of best

Discuss

Jimmy Miller from Cerberus will run riot if he is based in melbourne! Unsure how they will compete all year round with the players literally being shipped in and out.

Does anyone know if they will field two sides?

If mount are struggling to even get one team together the ressie comp may have two less sides to compete against

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back