SFNL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H/P aren't changing leagues
But they are changing divisions.
Way too strong, i thought the conditions might give the Clays a chance, but 30 seconds in they were in deep poo.
Congratulations to H.P. Will go well in Div 2 next year if they keep the list together with a few tweaks here and there.
It will interesting to see what happens now with the divisions. Heatherton want to stay up, believing a 10, 12, 12
3 division set up is likely.

Way too strong, i thought the conditions might give the Clays a chance, but 30 seconds in they were in deep poo.
Congratulations to H.P. Will go well in Div 2 next year if they keep the list together with a few tweaks here and there.
It will interesting to see what happens now with the divisions. Heatherton want to stay up, believing a 10, 12, 12

Feel sorry for a few teams in division 3. They’ll get absolutely spanked.

Congrats to HP. Clearly the best team and will be a great addition to div2.

They will certainly hold their own in D2.

Historically sides have done quiet well once they've made the jump.

Mount Wav - Avoided the drop and were pretty competitive for a few years
Doveton - Very nearly had back to back promotions
Springy - Into a GF and could have back to back promotions

Being that HP ones & twos were the strongest all year, they are well equipped to handle D2.

Being that HP ones & twos were the strongest all year, they are well equipped to handle D2.

They’ve got the team and money to do very well.

I think the depth has dropped off in Div 2. Easier to stay up now with the bottom few struggling a bit.

Still a big jump in quality to compete with the top end. Doveton and Springvale recruited pretty well when they went up. I’d expect HP to do the same. I reckon their current side would just miss finals.

I think the depth has dropped off in Div 2. Easier to stay up now with the bottom few struggling a bit.

Still a big jump in quality to compete with the top end. Doveton and Springvale recruited pretty well when they went up. I’d expect HP to do the same. I reckon their current side would just miss finals.
Ballsack will have his phone glued to his ear recruiting, they will have a heap of pp to play with and will use them

Their 1s were most definitely the strongest team all year and well deserved, good outfit well drilled far too strong but their 2s were obviously strongest on the last day but through the year were very evenly matched with EH and BR going 2-2 for the year with both of them, don't get ahead of ya self with the ground hog day premiership

10/8/8/8 will be the approach, avoid thrashings as much as possible.

8 is the minimum you want though really so if even one club leaves they’ll need a rethink.

MPNFL are trying to poach clubs left right and centre.

Outer East president said in a recent interview that two clubs have want to join their league next year and that one of them is a metro club. Not sure if that means a Southern club, could be Eastern I guess.

8 is the minimum you want though really so if even one club leaves they’ll need a rethink.

Outer East president said in a recent interview that two clubs have want to join their league next year and that one of them is a metro club. Not sure if that means a Southern club, could be Eastern I guess.

Makes sense, will want to announce very quickly so div 2 clubs know exactly where they stand for 2020.

It's not a Eastern club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does that mean HP go up to Div2 and 3 come down?

Hearing a 10/12/12 structure for next season. HP & Clayton up, Heatherton stay in Div 2.

12 is almost always too many in any grade of local footy. Too big a gap between the top and bottom. Especially in a bottom division where there’s no relegation to give relief.

It’s more disruption than many would like but I think 10/8/8/8 would be a far better way to go.

D1 - unchanged apart from normal promotion / relegation.

D2 - already hugely mismatched. The bottom 4 all had a percentage under 60. I’d relegate 3 and bring up HP to make an 8 team D2.

HP lost one game and had a percentage of 242. Clearly can go up.

D3 - three down from D2 plus 2nd to 5th (who won 6 games). Relegate Cerberus who weren’t competitive, bring up South Yarra.

D4 - as current with Cerberus.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Retains the current 4 divisions and doesn’t set clubs up for absolute poleaxings next year.

That and demand a meeting with AFL Vic and the MPNFL - who are approaching clubs to switch leagues - which they are not allowed to do.

I would go with 3 divs, but no div 3 club can spend more than $5k in wages, 8 teams is still a joke, would play some teams 3 times in a H&A season

I would go with 3 divs, but no div 3 club can spend more than $5k in wages, 8 teams is still a joke, would play some teams 3 times in a H&A season

Not really. You play 4 teams 3 times - and they can be based on the standings from the year before to further even it up.

The EFL did it this year with a few divisions of eight teams. It was fine. It’s far superior to constant thrashings due to teams being hugely mismatched.

The league already has the salary cap and points system in place.

Sounds like wheels are falling off at Clayton post grand final. Coach has walked and players might just go with him. Disappointing if true as it seemed like they turned things around and had a good thing going. Can anyone confirm this ?

Sounds like wheels are falling off at Clayton post grand final. Coach has walked and players might just go with him. Disappointing if true as it seemed like they turned things around and had a good thing going. Can anyone confirm this ?

Interesting if true..

Dipper to take over?

Just a past member in another life, l live locally and was interested to have a look on night 1.

Not bad For a bloke that lives locally and walks his dog down occasionally.

You also posted a doom and gloom last year.

Hendo says you 5 year ban from the club maybe extended further if you keep up this dribble. Do the crime, do the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back