E.Hills 196.1%
Black Rock 169.2%
Sth Mornington 162.7%
------------------------------------
Sth Yarra 61.4%
Ashwood 59.1%
Narre Sth 50.9%
Doveton 3.8%

Don't forget we have a by next week for Easter.
Do we get a stat sheet?

yingyang23

Rookie
Nov 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Rumours circulating that South Yarra have spat the dummy after their shock round 1 loss to South Mornington, and have asked to go back down to Div 4.

Also, Tigers star forward Bobby Wilson reportedly kicked all 10.10 of their score, equalling a career high. The most kicks he's had since being the main event bull at the Cockatoo Rodeo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr north man

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Football won’t start at local level or country level this year.
As for those who think Cricket is just going to step aside think again.
For far to long cricket has copped up the spinkter from football so don’t expect Cricket Victoria to give football a free kick ok.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Footy is dead I reckon. Get ready for 2021. Sad but true. 2021 will be a ripper as everyone will be pumped to play. Can’t see state level going ahead either with AFL playing lists set to increase for their hubs.

Truthteller86

Rookie
Oct 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Afl Gippsland releases a statement that they are still planning to start around May 31. They are just waiting for May 11 when the government may reduce the lockdown. They are already talking to all cricket leagues about grounds etc so both sports can go ahead. Think there will be a few with egg on their face on here if it gets up and going. Just a bit of common sense and we will get some footy in.

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Afl Gippsland releases a statement that they are still planning to start around May 31. They are just waiting for May 11 when the government may reduce the lockdown. They are already talking to all cricket leagues about grounds etc so both sports can go ahead. Think there will be a few with egg on their face on here if it gets up and going. Just a bit of common sense and we will get some footy in.
If you play footy finals in October it will only effect a small number of cricket venues. You would think that the cricket fixtures could be set up with the clubs effected by footy finals they play their early games away and the home games lost later in the cricket season.BUT still think footy should be called off,how many of the club sponsors will be able to support footy clubs in 2020.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you play footy finals in October it will only effect a small number of cricket venues. You would think that the cricket fixtures could be set up with the clubs effected by footy finals they play their early games away and the home games lost later in the cricket season.BUT still think footy should be called off,how many of the club sponsors will be able to support footy clubs in 2020.
Look after the sponsors - all players to play for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2s Hack

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Here's what I can see happening & not just in division 3. Yes yes more negativity.
just say the season does get up and running in June & everyone plays each other once. With no income for clubs until then some clubs will struggle to afford to pay for their new recruits. History tells us that quality players will not play for nothing. Clearances to clubs by June 30 that are flushed I believe will be high. How many forfeits will we see in the reserves when clubs are struggling to field 2 teams if that occurs?

blueblood005

Debutant
Apr 16, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Here's what I can see happening & not just in division 3. Yes yes more negativity.
just say the season does get up and running in June & everyone plays each other once. With no income for clubs until then some clubs will struggle to afford to pay for their new recruits. History tells us that quality players will not play for nothing. Clearances to clubs by June 30 that are flushed I believe will be high. How many forfeits will we see in the reserves when clubs are struggling to field 2 teams if that occurs?
Personally I can’t see a team struggling for numbers in a 9 game season when everyone is clearly really missing it. If a recruit still refuses to play for free or for a minimum dollar (After what has happened to Australia)- then he isn’t worth having at your club imo. Now is the time we see who your true clubman are.

2s Hack

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Personally I can’t see a team struggling for numbers in a 9 game season when everyone is clearly really missing it. If a recruit still refuses to play for free or for a minimum dollar (After what has happened to Australia)- then he isn’t worth having at your club imo. Now is the time we see who your true clubman are.
Blokes will just have the year off

tigertime1111

Draftee
Nov 9, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually think the complete opposite of what you are saying will happen. Blokes and chicks will be jumping out of their skins if a 9 game season gets going. Forget about money people just want some normality back and to get around their mates again. Plenty of merit in a 9 game season I actually think it’ll be super exciting if it gets up and going! Fingers crossed!

blueblood005

Debutant
Apr 16, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I actually think the complete opposite of what you are saying will happen. Blokes and chicks will be jumping out of their skins if a 9 game season gets going. Forget about money people just want some normality back and to get around their mates again. Plenty of merit in a 9 game season I actually think it’ll be super exciting if it gets up and going! Fingers crossed!
I agree. Can’t see anyone saying “na put a line through half a season”. Everyone is sick of being indoors and want to play footy

RockliffisGod

Senior List
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lyndale Football Club
Wouldn’t it make sense to half that as well? I think it’s 450 atm for a full season so 225? Do you think they would still charge in full? Seems unfair if so
How many people are going to afford 225? There would be people out there with young families or have been stood down.
When the restrictions lift are they going to pay their way? Being involved pretty heavily on a committee level I would say not.

MortlockWatcher

All Australian
Dec 18, 2013
West Oz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southern Outlaws CC
Reserves could well be non-compulsory for at least this year so that we can get as many clubs back and functioning.

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree but No.1 are the survival of our clubs and at this stage I think half a season our clubs will be worse off finance wise.Just look at how many clubs are supported by pubs and if they remain closed. Also would also mean club social clubs will remain closed to so no club functions could be run even if footy played.BUT would seriously consider getting juniors up and going in the last part of the season including Aus kick if allowed.

Top Bottom